What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 Mixed ACE fems - DeeDubya's Winter Grow

Outstanding DWD, wow the ladies look incredible.. Been week since I've peaked in but damn, your crushing it sir!!!!.. SYD has that mad stretch going on.., Haze x KC I do believe..? Nice work homie..!!

deepwaterdude

Outstanding DWD, wow the ladies look incredible.. Been week since I've peaked in but damn, your crushing it sir!!!!.. SYD has that mad stretch going on.., Haze x KC I do believe..? Nice work homie..!!

Dwd....wow. I am impressed. You've got skills my friend.

Thanks, fellas:tiphat: Saitama, I've got a tent, a great light, great genetics and a hugely faulty memory that nicely accompanies a serious lazy streak. If anything survives, it's in spite of my skills;) I do have a protestant work ethic and the necessary guilt to keep me on time with feeding et al.
Reminds me of the time I accidentally plugged a big t5 fixture into my drip timer while flailing around in the dark. It was going on 15 minutes of every hour with the hydro;) Found it on at night thanks to a faulty bladder and providential timing.

Yep, Syd went 12/12 from his first week and is a copious budder, bit more than Haze x KC1 who badly wants uppot. It might be because he sits in quite a bit of runoff and gets a bit more to drink than the others. Will correct this. His cola's smushed up against the wall of the tent, but all budlets are jockeying for better position under the light.

Syd Barrett, if any of these get as big as yours did, I'ma ina deep shite.:biggrin: OE's pistils have just started to turn a bit, here in week 6. I'm going to definitely run a couple more of these OE fems in Spring, with warmer weather.

deepwaterdude

Day 42 since flip pic update-Haze x KC1, OE, MalawixPCK, Pan Haze 2

Day 42 since flip pic update-Haze x KC1, OE, MalawixPCK, Pan Haze 2

Hey, folks, here they are with 6weeks under their belts; 3 at 12/12, 3 at 11.5/12.5. They'll go to 11/13 when the two fatties are done.

I upped temps another 5 degrees after getting a manageable electric bill. So now min 75 daytime, 70 at night in the lung room.

Syd has taken off bigly, had his pot position switched with Zam's so his head no longer presses the wall (inhumane!), and the long spears of PH1 and 2 are starting to look like little colas. Haze x KC1 got her uppot and I'm looking forward to her better health. Taking her out of the tent was like fighting a 5 foot spider with her 10 or so tops flailing and threatening to break. I had to cut her out of her 3 gal pot and slip into 5 gal smartpot with FF happy tadpoles soil. I got her tops into better position putting her back in, and she gained a couple of inches of height with repot.

I could defoliate a bit, Zam especially, though not sure if I will.

Next post; Big Syd the Mariner, Panama Haze 1 and 2, ZAM.

Attachments

• Tent at 6 weeks since flip, Zam now center, H x KC1 repot.jpg
    Tent at 6 weeks since flip, Zam now center, H x KC1 repot.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Haze x KC1 wallflowers.jpg
    Haze x KC1 wallflowers.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 14
  • H x KC1 wallflowers after repot.jpg
    H x KC1 wallflowers after repot.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Haze x KC1 tops in center.jpg
    Haze x KC1 tops in center.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 12
  • OE starting to mature a bit.jpg
    OE starting to mature a bit.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 11
  • M x PCK Lowers.jpg
    M x PCK Lowers.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 13
  • P Haze 2.jpg
    P Haze 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Malawi x PCK.jpg
    Malawi x PCK.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 8
  • M x PCK cola.jpg
    M x PCK cola.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Malawi x PCK 6 weeks.jpg
    Malawi x PCK 6 weeks.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 9

deepwaterdude

Day 42 part 2 - Panama Hazes, Zamaldelica and SYD (haze x KC2)

Day 42 part 2 - Panama Hazes, Zamaldelica and SYD (haze x KC2)

Not a lot of evident difference with the ZAm, but the Panama Hazes and Syd are doing excellent. As i've mentioned and forgotten since, Syd has been growing mainly at 12/12 and under for all his life but first week, and entered into flower more powerfully than her sister Haz x KC 1 or the PHazes. Only untopped Haze, too.
I'm judgin that they like the organic feedings better than the Sensi these days. So they'll get more of that, plus a top dressing of guano and langbenite, very light.
Here they is.

Attachments

• Panama haze 1 full 6 weeks.jpg
    Panama haze 1 full 6 weeks.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Syd now front center.jpg
    Syd now front center.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 9
  • PH1 6 weeks.jpg
    PH1 6 weeks.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 9
  • PH2 6 wks in, OE behind, Zam bottom left.jpg
    PH2 6 wks in, OE behind, Zam bottom left.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 13
  • Panama Haze 1 top.jpg
    Panama Haze 1 top.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Pretty babe, wants a bit a food.jpg
    Pretty babe, wants a bit a food.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 11
  • A zam salute.jpg
    A zam salute.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Zam in her heard-earned center spot.jpg
    Zam in her heard-earned center spot.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Sydlets.jpg
    Sydlets.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Syd finally off the wall and lookin good.jpg
    Syd finally off the wall and lookin good.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 12
G

Amazing updates and dames Dude!:)Heh,now Syd definitely resembles Syd's haze...Puffballs all over!The other looks like a frost monster .I think it will fill a lot now after transplant.That Pan haze is going to be bud from dirt to top! They all look happy and bountiful,congrats man.:tiphat:Any comments on the smells you're getting?

deepwaterdude

Amazing updates and dames Dude!:)Heh,now Syd definitely resembles Syd's haze...Puffballs all over!The other looks like a frost monster .I think it will fill a lot now after transplant.That Pan haze is going to be bud from dirt to top! They all look happy and bountiful,congrats man.:tiphat:Any comments on the smells you're getting?

Mornin', Syd;) Your namesake is a badass, and now that the cola is no longer pressed against the wall, both of us are happier, though he didn't complain a bit. You're right about Haze x KC 1; very crystally and seems to be responding well to repot. Now, I hate to admit this, but she was NOT rootbound upon repot. Not digging the soil entirely. Th rootball held together, didn't lose soil while repotting, but I was expecting roots wrapped around the pot. Nope. Gonna have to get a little crappy pH pen.

As for smells, there's a general grow stink toward that part of the house with some berry smell and sweet pot smell. Mainly OE and ZAm are the stinkiest, I think. ZAm definitely has some fruit to her, just don't know what;) WIth the exception of lifting the pots onto supports and recent repot, I don't move them around a lot, except PH2, who's not wired to anything else and is easy to move. She's my in door to the back row. Should really set up blumats for the back four.

They all got pure water this AM with PH down. I'm gonna top dress OE, ZAm, M x PCK and PH2 with a tablespoon or two of the aforementioned high P guano and high K langbenite, see what happens. They also provide excellent Cal + Mag + other stuff. I can sense a general happiness with higher temps, especially the Hazes.

I finally blacked the hell out of the room so I can leave the tent's passive intakes open while sunrise and sunset quickly encroach upon my lights off hours. I have a good month before they actually coincide, but the sky glows before and after sunup and sundown so I'll have to run the tent completely closed at that point.

Thos're the thoughts. Gonna order some Mammoth P. Cheers! dwd

deepwaterdude

Traditional 6 week pictorial retrospective-How They Grow

Traditional 6 week pictorial retrospective-How They Grow

Looking back, this is mainly a stretch diary. Mainly I wanted to track the subtle expansion from what I thought was a well controlled early flower canopy to 3 foot spires of haze all over the place;)
They really started to reach when I started giving them higher feeds, so maybe I forgot how they respond to N. Meanwhile, ZAm, OE and Malawi PCK all like bigger feeding. ANyway, all that's missing is the music to the slideshow.

Attachments

• DSC02504.jpg
    DSC02504.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Day after repot.jpg
    Day after repot.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 3 weeks.jpg
    3 weeks.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Almost ready for flo.jpg
    Almost ready for flo.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 7
  • Day 7 12:12.jpg
    Day 7 12:12.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2 weeks since flip.jpg
    2 weeks since flip.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Day 22 since flip.jpg
    Day 22 since flip.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 5x5 jan 18-day 29 since flip.jpg
    5x5 jan 18-day 29 since flip.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 10
  • tent day 38.jpg
    tent day 38.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Tent at 6 weeks since flip, Zam now center, H x KC1 repot.jpg
    Tent at 6 weeks since flip, Zam now center, H x KC1 repot.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 15

deepwaterdude

canna deus aeternus...mirabilis... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orpheus

Uh, hold on a sec... 100% Plantis mirabilis! Quaero deinceps ad ex te praebere sunt somnia SOMNIFICUS! Penso:biggrin:.

Et quid est hoc mane Bard? (google translate sucks)

I went to the hydro store yesterday for some mammoth P. They had it: 250ml for 96$! A bit rich methinks! I've seen side by side comparisons that justify it if one sells, but if you don't, your bud just got hella expensive. I'll check the internet, thankyouverymuch.

Girls are beauteous this morning, stinking up the place. Hazes filling in. I got to them just before lights on this AM at 6:30. Everyone looking healthy, no worries.
Good day to all, Bilko, thanks for stopping in!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hey Deep, I'm just getting caught up with your winter project. Looks like you will have plenty of smoke for your summer grow. Peace

deepwaterdude

7.5 week pic update: Malawi x PCK, Orient Express and Panama Haze2

7.5 week pic update: Malawi x PCK, Orient Express and Panama Haze2

Hey Deep, I'm just getting caught up with your winter project. Looks like you will have plenty of smoke for your summer grow. Peace

Morning, farmerlion, that I do not doubt;) This is a fun grow with all the diversity in there, some really nifty, stinky strains! I hope you're well and keeping your friends well happy;o)

Today's notes: I just lifted Malawi x PCK, Orient Express and ZAm up another few inches each so all their important parts are getting in the 12-18inch range from the light. Also tied up a bunch of Zam and OE branches, drooping from weight.

I'm definitely not in the sweet spot PH-wise, so I'm breaking down and ordering another damn pen. Haze x KC1 got the same strong feed everyone else did right after her repot and consequently burnt a bit. I think there's some pollen left from last grow, because I've seen what look like a couple of seeds and nary a nanner anywhere. Does not look pervasive, but both haze x kcs look a tad seeded. Ain't worried, au contraire;)

Here's the tent, Malawi x PCK, Panama Haze 2 and OE to start the parade. Was very shaky after lifting, bending and twisting meself quite a bit. Odors are getting strong. OE is spectacular smelling; fruity, dank, sugary and strong. Zam is also stinky sweet with light colored fruit and Syd is also a KC like stinker. Ohboy.

As they need correction, I gave them all except Haze x KC 2 2 handfuls of garden compost to liven things up while I feed them with phd water for a week or so. The soil's got a bit of guano and langbeinite recently, so I feel if I get them back to a good feeding range, they won't need much but Nirvana maybe.

Next up, Zam, PH1 and SYd;)

Attachments

• Orient Express 7.5 weeks.jpg
    Orient Express 7.5 weeks.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 12
  • MxPCk blurry lowers.jpg
    MxPCk blurry lowers.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Malawi x PCK 7.5 weeks.jpg
    Malawi x PCK 7.5 weeks.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Malawi x PCK just lifted 6in1.jpg
    Malawi x PCK just lifted 6in1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 12
  • 5x5 7.5 weeks since flip.jpg
    5x5 7.5 weeks since flip.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Panama Haze 2 close.jpg
    Panama Haze 2 close.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 12
  • PH2 structure.jpg
    PH2 structure.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Panama Haze2 7.5 weeks.jpg
    Panama Haze2 7.5 weeks.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 9
  • OE top.jpg
    OE top.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 8
  • OE.jpg
    OE.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

deepwaterdude

7.5week update part2: Panama Haze 1, Haze x kc2, and Zam

7.5week update part2: Panama Haze 1, Haze x kc2, and Zam

Syd is happier than her sister Haze x kc1 and a more vigorous flowerer even though she started flo much later. Panama Haze 1 is greener and perkier than her sis who consumes more and still doesn't get enough. Friggin pH. ZAm is smelling great, healthy, but she also needs me to get the conditions right to get bigger. Here they is.

Attachments

• SYD.jpg
    SYD.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Whole buncha syd.jpg
    Whole buncha syd.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 9
  • Panama Haze 1 nice toplet.jpg
    Panama Haze 1 nice toplet.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Panama Haze 1 lowers.jpg
    Panama Haze 1 lowers.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Panama Haze1 7.5 weeks.jpg
    Panama Haze1 7.5 weeks.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Syd top close.jpg
    Syd top close.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Zamaldelica 7.5 weeks.jpg
    Zamaldelica 7.5 weeks.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Zam just lifted again.jpg
    Zam just lifted again.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Zam toplet.jpg
    Zam toplet.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Zam 2nd top.jpg
    Zam 2nd top.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 12

deepwaterdude

read this about the hazes in another thread: dubi said "Tell your friend to try to flower them when they are relatively small as they tend to stretch a lot in early flowering, especially when grown from seed.
And use a 11/13 flowering photoperiod since the start of the flowering to avoid excessive stretching and to boost the flowering process."

Ah, !@#$balls. Timer change tomorrow.

G

Drooling all over the place man,damn! :biggrin: Yeah,11/13 from start for quick finish,but the yield suffers a bit if there are also hybrids in the tent.No worries from now on though.You'll just get a big % more (but need 2-3 extra weeks),at least that's what I'm thinking ;).

Big respect brotha :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

DWD the gals are stunning! Excellent work friend.

Thanks, my bud, watching your stuff like a hawk;)

Drooling all over the place man,damn! :biggrin: Yeah,11/13 from start for quick finish,but the yield suffers a bit if there are also hybrids in the tent.No worries from now on though.You'll just get a big % more (but need 2-3 extra weeks),at least that's what I'm thinking ;).

Big respect brotha :tiphat:

Right on, sir Syd, I'm not too worried about yield:biggrin: I'll swith 'em over tonight anyway, give the Hazes a kick in the butt.

I tried to revive and calibrate a couple of old pH pens this morning. Only one read anything close to reasonable, so I'll be shelling out some more clams for another. In the meantime, I'll just try to activate the soil a bit so pH not such a big issue.

deepwaterdude

Thinking about next grow already, only a short two months before there's space in the tent for other flowerers. I have the Neville's Haze/Malawi crosses in the fridge, but I'm thinking I might need a low stress grow first; just 4 plants in 5 gal coco with blumats. Thinking of the 2 OE and Malawi PCK beans I have left with Zamaldelica and Zam x KC as alternates. All fems, all nice structure. I want small bushes instead of lanky ladies for once.

Had a time getting the timer right again with the change to 11/13, stressing both the girls and I for a day or two. I have never apologized so profusely to a group of plants. I have a word for this now-"Lightmares". How do you sleep when you don't know what your timer's gonna do? I think I've got it, but I'll be around at lights off to be sure.

OE is almost ready for a flush and is getting fat, though there may just have been a new wave of pistils. Everyone got pHd H2O with only cocowater added in today. Anyhoo, end of week 8 tomorrow.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My Goddess deepwaterdude :) Your latest update shows an excellent development in the flowering of all your plants :yes: You are doing a great job friend!

Great colas on the Malawi x PCK, Orient Express and Panama Hazes.
The Zamaldelica looks like will be a fast finisher!

The upcoming 3-4 weeks are going to be delightful in your garden ;)