What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New gear and tweeked old stuff

handyandy

second round of g13b tastes totally different. I think it has something to do with the excess azomite in the soil. I messed up and added like 10 cups to a batch instead of like 2 cups. the plant looked healthier kinda denser buds almost like gsc but they lost the berry flavor. now it has almost a chem dawg flavor. hard to tell till its total dry and cure but deff not using azomite anymore but since I recycle got some now for long haul

handyandy

Thanks Heady!!!

Gonna be harvesting the next round in about two weeks.

Working on filling flower room with bunches of skunkberry and Girlscout cookies.

skunkberry is really fast in veg. GSC is very slow to veg so not sure when they will be ready.

gonna add more flower space soon probly like 5x5 with a 600w hps

thinking about changing my 1000watt hps magnectic ballast for 600w digital ballast.

anyone got a favorite ballast?? best bang for the buck?

is there much difference in output to warrant the extra $$ for a digital ballast?

handyandy

harvested 11 at 66 days. damn cold slowed amber trichs. had to pick tho too many plants waiting for the space.

La OG
GSC
BK2
BK3

KSB1

LA OG tastes like FLO and Guerrilla Glue very tasty and frosty

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 13

handyandy

The G13B is back to being berryish and danky dank.
only using little bits of Azomite in the future. was interesting to see how excess made flavors change in the plant. potency may have increased but this is hard to tell without lab testing.

gonna try my hand at scrogging in the future. can't add new room in summer. to much heat so ill wait till winter to kick it up unless iget a free ac and a free solar array to offset the electric. Im already over 2000 kwh in summer.

handyandy

Anyone ever try having your pot or bag out side of your room by training plants sideways??

Thinking about scrogging but keeping root ball outside room just to see if it would work with the plant getting 12/12 light dark and the roots getting 20/4 light dark.

may have other benefits not aware of till I try it.

Any one try this or have any thought??????

Mad scientist here looking for next experiment lol:biggrin:

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 13

handyandy

Getting things dialed in.

Water cycles on point. Need a way to get teas to all plants without having to empty half the room.

Best flavors seem to show when using cow manure in the recycle mix:biggrin:

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 9

handyandy

Ohhhhh Noooooo Damn Hermi!!!!!!!!

I shouldda known better but I was focused on room temps and air circulation and wasn't thinking when I put a plant that may hermi in front of a new tower fan. Well you can guess what happened next.
seeds ery where. only good thing is at least it looks like the seeds are mostly on lower branches but still had 9 out of 11 plants go 50% seed. :(

I pulled all nine last night gotta salvage what I can with 57 days probly not real strong yet but they did smell good so we will see.

A G13b and G13.2 avoided the pollen. so I have 2 to pick in two weeks.

Gotta do a early clean, take cuts, and flip 11-14 plants into flower tonight. when I flip I time my watering so they are a light as possible without stressing plants from lack of water. Then topdress with bat guano and water in a cup or two of ACT into everything and this seems to work well but I gotta get a handel on these damn hermis!!!!! they just cost me about $1000.oo in buds

Good things will come to positive people tho, sooo at least I can move all the beautifull Killer Skunkberry. Got KSB2 KSB3 KSB4 and KSB5 rockin in sasme room so I hope they at 21 days didn't get much hermi dust. HOPE!!!!!!! and LOVE
Peace out

handyandy

Learning every day.

Soooo I had some Blue Kush get dusted with pollen and it seams like the bud from the plant has twice as much trich coverage now!!!

What gives??

I thought I would get less potent weed with the dust but noooo quite the opposite. Much more trichs but this could be from the plants loving the recycle and just getting better from more nutes available.

Less weight for sure cause I pulled everything at 57 days instead of 65-70 but unsure. Has anyone out there had any similar experience?? More trichs with seeding??

handyandy

Killer Skunkberry at 34 days
Smelling sooooo berry and double dank!!!!

Attachments

• 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 11
  • 181.jpg
    181.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 8

handyandy

Photo dump
Got some Cookies crossed with skunkberry!!! very tasty

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 11

handyandy

Thanks Goldslug
Sorry about pics not loading bigger.
hope this works

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 8
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Thu Apr 26 22-27-55.jpg
    Thu Apr 26 22-27-55.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 9

handyandy

Got some Gorilla Glue seeds now to get them soaking in a paper towel. Hope the seeds are for real.
Got them cheap. The seller had over 150 positive reviews with no bad so I hope to have some real glue going soon. Love the dank taste and smell of Glue!!!!

handyandy

Chopped both girlscout cookies 59 days
flipped : lemon, critical jack, critical mass, kush puppy

Attachments

• 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 11

handyandy

Anyone notice that clones taken from the upper parts of the plant do a lot better than clones taken from the middle or even slower, the bottom of a plant. I have taken cuts from my Girlscout cookies Top and middle. the top cuts are growing like super fast where the ones from the middle are just putting along as normal for GSC in veg.
Cuts were taken from a seedling not a clone. I do take perpetual cuts from the best plants each cycle.

handyandy

GSC 1,2 upper cuts
GSC 1,2 middle cuts

CM, CJ, OH lemon, Kush puppy CLONER

Gorilla Glue breaking ground :)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 7