What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC Brains?

Stizo

Veteran
Grew a pack of his Brains Choice indoors. Got two females. One hermied a lot in flower, the other produced a nice short candelabra type plant. Pretty colours. Was an average smoke. I suspect you have to hunt for phenos but at the cheap price and if you have space and time, what he has would be worth a look. I recall but not from where that he numbers his plants because being a stoner he forgot the origins of the parent plants plus he works and breeds his own lines together. I couldn't really judge off a single plant but think you need to grow out a few to find and that a lot of what you get will be dad weed level type potency i.e. weed that doesn't blow you away but makes you feel nice rather than blasted.

shiva82

i will be growing some kc outdoor next year and some in a polytunnel. outdoor bred

Attachments

• IMG_4798.JPG
    IMG_4798.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 50

Sparkus_Maximus

Bahia Black Head can be outstanding. Also Leda Uno and KC42. I agree with the price thing, I also think it unfair to charge more than 60 a pack of any variety from any seed maker.
I just pulled the trigger at the Tude and got some Bahia Blackhead. Would you say it's a mostly Sativa in effect? I know its heavy on Brazilian genetics, but it's hard to find a lot of info on KC's strains on the net for some reason. Also got their Leda Uno, KC33 and TNR as well.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
so here's 4 haze special in a little tester tent. unfortunately they're a bit cold, i forgot to put the heater back on last time i was in there and its freezing here.

These are around 4 weeks and were topped around a week before flip and only under a small led and in little pots as they're just some test run seeds.

They're all quite similar, looking at them they don't seem hazy, especially compared to a few of ojd's dutch dog i have in another, those are 3 times the size, in the same conditions.

Last edited:

potty1

I ran his crystal paradise for years indoors.
4 plants to a 600w,flowered from clone would fill 1.5m2 and end up 5ft bushes 5-7oz a plant.
Yielded baseball bats of reek Brazilian skunk smells!
From seed I found 2 main phenos...the skunk one I kept and another similar grower but mad fruit smells.
Keep meaning to revisit them but so many seeds...not enough time!

Attachments

• gallery_12051_509_133262.jpg
    gallery_12051_509_133262.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 75

Sparkus_Maximus

so here's 4 haze special in a little tester tent. unfortunately they're a bit cold, i forgot to put the heater back on last time i was in there and its freezing here.

These are around 4 weeks and were topped around a week before flip and only under a small led and in little pots as they're just some test run seeds.

They're all quite similar, looking at them they don't seem hazy, especially compared to a few of ojd's dutch dog i have in another, those are 3 times the size, in the same conditions. View attachment 18793016 View attachment 18793017
Very Nice, I've been wanting to give this one a run for a while now. Read some reports of people having germination issues (old seeds?), How was your germination rate on these Haze Specials, and did you go with regulars or femmed?

Sparkus_Maximus

hi, they were 10 fems, and if i recall it was 6 or 7 that made it, not the best in that regard.
Thanks, I wonder if the Haze Specials effect is anything like the Neville's Haze it is reportedly crossed with. If it is, then for the price of those beans it seems like a winner.

Sparkus_Maximus

haze special and TNR ...........2 of the best from mr brains imo ....reasonably priced doesn't mean unreasonable quality .......in the same way high price doesn't necessarily mean high quality
I am planning on running the TNR this season, yet I don't want to wrestle with 8- foot Trees, so I'll pre-sex them indoors, and plant late in the season. Is the TNR a nice representation of a Thai- dom hybrid, would you say? Does it produce good results indoors I wonder, and How's the effect ?

Last edited:

*GROWHIGH*

imo it is basically a 50/50 ......not much variation in phenos but you can tell by bud structure and resin profile which phenos are Cleary more thai ..the resin on the thai phenos glistens ...rather than been more powdery on the Indica leaners if i recall i grow out 20 regs ..tossed all the males ..i remember a sweet thai leaner with a red hue i really liked... the high was basically thai with more body .. a fun happy high without the thai edginess ......fun strain ..sadly i cant grow these days ..but one day in the future,.. id love to grow her out again ........

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Nice selection. Yes Bahia Black head most definitely Sativa Dom. I found an outstanding hash plant pheno. It reminded me of Greek hash. That was years ago from a pack of regs before feminised seeds.
How is there wild thai?

I just pulled the trigger at the Tude and got some Bahia Blackhead. Would you say it's a mostly Sativa in effect? I know its heavy on Brazilian genetics, but it's hard to find a lot of info on KC's strains on the net for some reason. Also got their Leda Uno, KC33 and TNR as well.

I want to try k.c's work eventually and try and select for the lemon phenos from leda uno and some of the thais from tnr, but where would you guys source the seeds? attitude would be easiest for me being in the u.s but I wonder how long the seeds have been in storage

TheDarkStorm

Did you get regs or fems.....I haven't seen blackhead for some years now....but back even 5 years back you could find plants as sativa as the landrace.....and they stunk hard aswell......I think it was the 33, it used to be near pure thai brazilian and some of the phenotypes that leaned more towards the thai or brazilian were really good....it would flower long though...not done tnr yet....leda used to have some great old school brazilian leaners in the old seeds....very nice sativa high too....

IndicaFarmer

just finished some bahia under an led in a tent. amazingly potent sativa fluffy buds covered in crystals. very impressed. few leaves, buds are lightweight and airy but still amazingly resinous. My other Bahia is wider leaved and still going. Fluffy big buds but have not tried yet on potency. also, seeds were from 2013 and popped right away from fridge in water in 24 hours. Kc stuff over all is decent, but not consistent in phenotypes, some like this. I found the Afghani special to be garbage though.

goingrey

just finished some bahia under an led in a tent. amazingly potent sativa fluffy buds covered in crystals. very impressed. few leaves, buds are lightweight and airy but still amazingly resinous. My other Bahia is wider leaved and still going. Fluffy big buds but have not tried yet on potency. also, seeds were from 2013 and popped right away from fridge in water in 24 hours. Kc stuff over all is decent, but not consistent in phenotypes, some like this. I found the Afghani special to be garbage though.
What was wrong with the Afghani Special? Did you give it a good cure?

IndicaFarmer

What was wrong with the Afghani Special? Did you give it a good cure?
I grew it outdoor, it never properly flowered and was not an afghan at all. It seemed to be a long flowering equitorial type. It got to 12 foot tall and died finally in december in portland oregon. I started them in late april i beleive. so was not impressed. However, the crystal paradise one was great, and had many Afghan characteristics, stunk of berries and rubber and was tall. Got some spider mites though near the end. good over all potency and bag appeal. This was 2015.