What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hangin on the birds roost

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
end in two weeks

end in two weeks

for whoever, if anyone, is still watching... chops in two weeks, everything looks very solid, and next run is ready to flip. Ill prolly take prechop shots and after that it will probably be the end of this thread and Ill be shifting back to the midwest thread. Opening my mouth about something has apprently worked against me and theres no point in having a grow documented if noone really gives a shit. Stay tuned for my test grow of Verdant Greena Cherryjuana in his section.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
time to bury this dead zone

time to bury this dead zone

after this since literally noone is interested this thread is dead, and if I do post anything it wont be hard to find. all went 70 days, first blubonic.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 10

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
another out of ancient beans, godberry from mod. one has a severe rks smell to it, but it was the runt and yielded like crap. the other has a nice coffee/earth profile.

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 8
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 8

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
Hot damn, that blubonic looks marvy! :respect:

I got a five pack as a freebie, .. None germed. :(

thanks silver, I was gifted a 10 pack from a friend and luckily got 1 male and 1 female for f2s. it had a slight rootbound autoflower moment but still went the full 70 with no nanners or herm issues.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
jlps f4 c99, absolute tropical fruit/pineapple scent bomb, cloned to go again

Attachments

• 4b.jpg
    4b.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 11

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
cdcs misty x ssh, Ive fallen in love with the one, pretty much buds on sticks with minimal larf. the huge chunky one was ran in a 2 qt pot, i can only imagine its potential in a higher gallon home, the big one of the three has a berry taste/smell to it as well, another decent cross in my book.

Attachments

• 9a.jpg
    9a.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 10
  • 9b.jpg
    9b.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 9c.jpg
    9c.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 8

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
and last but not least, chemd x sb out of the chemd x sb/dsd fairytale mix. another one worthy of a rerun, all in all a decent overall run.

Attachments

• 8a.jpg
    8a.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 11

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
Looking real good my friend. Hope 2013 is a great one for you!!

thanks rr, I hope so too, and likewise out your way as well. few things going on here and there since last post. got a few frosty ladies plumping up and leaning, chop is going to be tedious. got a few new toys to play with as well, two havent rooted yet but the forum GSC is vegging along strong. I got a few 'pollen chuckin' projects rolling, making a bx of bodhis sour purple kush using a JLP c99 and two crosses playing with urkle x bgum, should be fun to dig around in those. more to come, stay tuned :tiphat:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
:peacock:

its funny how everthing can go fine and then a few hurdles in life mess up your rhythm. time to breathe some life back into the nest.:tiphat:

in response to my last post, those chucks were successful, ive since germ tested both and grown out the c99 x spk. cindy dom all the way, which was something I didn't expect. sage daze x purple urkle x 97bubblegum was made and germ tested, but since they were still long flowering phenos at the time the got dumped. sage daze - sage x nevilles/amnesia/nevilles, pure 14 weeker. eventually there will be a quest to find a 10 week pubu dom pheno in those.

then comes lifes curveballs. having dealt with spider mites before I wasn't prepared at all for pm and lost all of my next run, forum gsc, suge pk, and louie13 to it. sterilization and a come back run the next year only to get robbed before the finish. and then nature, nothing like a rodent infestation almost a year to the day after losing everything. but still I fly :dance013:

currently have Cuban bubba haze and gogi qm x goldstar revegging, talons crossed they both make it. I accidentally dropped the cbh once, and I hope that didn't do her in. beans going:
starbud sis x biker f2s
instant karma f3s
wifi bx
mystere - no clue what they are! :biggrin:
lvpk x pre98
orange sheikh x fire diesel haze
blueberry f2s
few of the usual cuts too, gg4, gvOG, and dr p's spg x gd

I have a few ideas planned, with IKf4s at the top of the list. might hit the bb with johnny blaze pollen too, but who knows :tiphat:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
on with the show, break down of whats being run:

starbud sister x biker kush, these are actually f3s not f2s. from my test run I kept a biker dom mom and made f2s for saving. lost orginal mom to theft. reran f2s, selected best biker dom pheno of the group and rehit with ssBk pollen for these f3s, hunting for another biker mom.
instant karma f3s, no secret there if you've been in the Bodhi thread. used a sour d dom mom from f2s to make these, looking for another sd leaner to make the f4s.
wifi bx from mellowfellow, I think its wifi x fire diesel haze x wifi but I could be wrong. has trichs in veg, so a potential keeper male if it drops nuts.
mystere, dunno why I saved it, or whats in it, but I have it for a reason, time to find out.
VGs lvpk x pre98, talons crossed she doesn't go male.
mellowfellow also made orange sheikh x fire diesel haze, two AO crosses make up the orange sheikh so we'll se how the flavors come out.
finally, green paths blueberry f2s. hoping for a bb leaner to cross with johnny blaze pollen.
:tiphat:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran

so, initial appearances show VGs lvpk x pre98 to be female, beyond stoked here for that. with the end of doc p's SPGxGDI cut, this could potentially be the perfect replacement. :dance013:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
i love popping seeds and doing mom hunts. makes me crazy though.

yeah, I don't disagree there. popping is more a necessity than a choice, as my access to the well known cuts has usually been pretty restricted.

as far as thread catch up....
all was well in bird land until about june when my health became an issue. while dealing with the problems, I lost my gg4 and gorilla valley og, and more than half of my last chop went untrimmed. It might of even took a good 3-4 months before I got stable, cleared up and jarred my last run, and started down the road again. enough about the bird, lets get to why youre really here.

from the last run, VGs lvpk x pre98 was the clear from seed winner in the group. while having a slight issue here n there throughout flower, she finished right up there in the ranks of gg4 in frost and potency. at chop she had a sharp methol/astringent smell that over time cured into a crazy lime sprite smell and taste. wish I would of taken cuts but in hindsight they all would of died anyways...

there was a keeper in the starbud x bk f3s, died...

the IKs stayed green instead of going dark purple, which was a first for me, but I surmised it came from the SD mom leaner. chopped at 70, it had the same fuel background head race that the bubba mom IKs have but without the heavy bubba coffee taste up front. I bet it they were taken a week or two longer the sour would of became more pronounced.

the gp bb f2s were, well, they turned purple I guess. nothing really stood out in the group, Im sure theres something good in there it just didn't turn up this run.

mysteres are still a mystery, also nothing there really worth noting.

got 2 phenos of mellows os x fdh, one a more sweet candied orange phenol and the other a more sour rotten orange, both were good. a phenol with the sweet candy taste and the fire diesel punch would be a mindbender for sure, def worth another run.

and then mellows wifi bx, which was a male, and a little frosty bugger at that. he stayed short with tight clusters stacked all the way up. he was also saved but, you got it, also died... luckily he gave off a shitload of pollen before it all happened, and a little did in to get into the gg4 and gvog females, so theres that too.

all in all a decent run overshadowed by life and what a person cant control. that's the recap, if I can find em I think I have some pics from that last run some where. but now, back on to the show...

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
the current...

the current...

a little of this and a little of that...
'testing' out cannarado's grape dosi, dosidos x grape pie. went into it with an open mind considering reports of both stellar finds and herm monsters. perfect germ, but lost a few to the normal seedling issues. have twins now, one more scraggily and spitting balls and the other more stout/bulky with no issues and decent stacking. its still early so the one could potentially come out of its issues.

popped the last of my annaC std x nycds hoping for a female to play with but got a male with serious growth issues. he was well over 3' before even flipping, and even after being cut back and tied down he's still bursting upward. other that the lust for growth I haven't seen much else out of him but like the GDs the next week or so may tell.

got a lone Bodhi love triangle female in there as well, big fat robust indica leaves on this one. so far it gives of smells of earthy soil and slight cherry tones. haven't seen much one this to compare it to anything else so no expectations with this gal.

the rest is all the result of playing around in the next or accidental incidents prolonging access to a genetic line.

my gg4s nugs secretly held some beans from the last run, more than likely coming from the male I saved that run before he got moved into seclusion. he was a wifi bx out of mellowfellow gear, which I believe is wifi x (wifi x sssdh). that male considerably changed the overall appearance of the normal gg4, resulting in extremely stout stems compared to the normal vine like growth.
also had this happen with the gorilla valley OG so if these turn out good ill take a look at those beans as well.

next cross going is a chuck between a hortilab star kush, starbud sister x biker kush, and a male from ograskals purp urkle x 97 bubblegum. have a few up, but one stand out more than the rest. the frostiest of the group, she has a sharp acrid fuel nose to her that mellows out into a sweet bubblegum on the back side. hopefully her backups root.

the last project going is another accidental from a serious problem. the one and only time I got PM was soon after receiving the infamous suge pk cut. at the time, I figured dumping everything from seed and trying to save the cuts would work. well of course it didn't... in the aftermath of sorting through stuff to iso I found 16 total beans in the pk. the male for the most part is unconfirmed, but the only one that was gonna be saved before the PM out break also came from mellowfellow gear. every single female so far has been a gem, including the ones now. both are already caked with trichomes and its still very very early. I only see frost like this from certain strains or out of certain grows around the net so I really hope they turn out the same in the end. also have them backed up.

if both savers work out ill eventually continue to work em a little bit, possibly making a pubu bx with the first and (pk x ?) X (pk x ?) with the other to see what the f2s could unlock. fun times.

Latest posts

Latest posts