What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Helpful Answers and Thread Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TrichyTrichy

what about the charging rhinos and the gorrilla's? They are fast and efficient. :dunno:

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
So apparently if you give someone a thumbs up or down it gives them rep accordingly.

that being said - Sorry to everyone i gave thumbs down!! i was just messin around!! lol

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I'm going to have to start using my sparingly now...apparently :D

Stuff that really "moves" me to thumbs up :joint:

:smokey:

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
SO I understand not being able to vote your own posts, but why can't I see the darn ratings on my posts?

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
yeah i was totally joking about thumbs down, i had no idea it gave rep, too!!! sorry to everyone!

quick, thumbs down to this post everyone! that's the only way to even out the karma! lol

ArcticBlast

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
I thought I had gotten too high... I sat there and looked at it for a minute, wondering if everyone else was seeing it too... like they were just asking ME :D

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Umm, you guys sure that this thing is repping too? If so Blue Dot's green boxes will shortly turn red, as I've just given Arctic Blast thums up twice in quick succession, and we always had to wait between reps before.

Hmm, I guess it is: "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice."

gomer

So apparently if you give someone a thumbs up or down it gives them rep accordingly.

that being said - Sorry to everyone i gave thumbs down!! i was just messin around!! lol
Didn't know rep and thumbs were the same.
I gave out negative rep to someone for only the third time ever today, and then gave two of their posts a thumbs down. Didn't mean to be that nasty. Also gave someone else a thumbs down just messin around. Sorry.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
I'm giving myself a thumbs up
ha_thumbsup.gif
just as a self esteem booster.

severian

It would be a better tool if it wasn't tied to rep.

People would use it more freely and it would be a better gauge of actual approval.

If it is tied to rep then it becomes a popularity contest again.

Didn't know rep and thumbs were the same.
I gave out negative rep to someone for only the third time ever today, and then gave two of their posts a thumbs down. Didn't mean to be that nasty. Also gave someone else a thumbs down just messin around. Sorry.

Yea, me neither - was seeing how it worked, hurt someone's feelings something awful too LOL

I won't be using the feature again, as I hate giving out neg rep except under really extreme circumstances.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New buttons to push!! Fun :dance013:

I'm giving myself a thumbs up just as a self esteem booster.

I wouldn't leave that thumb sticking out like that for too long. The Yummester might come by and sit on it.

Sit Here
|
|
V

ha_thumbsup.gif

What??? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts