What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this herm flowers

G

ganjygav

Hi,
I suspect I have hermies again. Last time they opened up and shot their load over the rest of plants.
Can anyone tell me if I suspect correct please and thanks in advance.

picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Yeah I thought so but I was kinda hoping I was wrong. Thank you for taking the time.

G

ganjygav

Yes fem seeds. I'm having a bad time at moment. This particular plant has white pistils at higher nodes. These pictures have came from 2 different plants but all 6 plants have these balls growing somewhere on them.
I started with 8, I lost 2 already and funny you should say straight up male because the first plant I culled was just that. It had no female sex at all just started growing balls.
The grow right before this one I had 3 plants out of 8 also turn hermie and they too were fem seeds.
This grow is the worst with all plants turning on me. I must be doing something wrong , I know 100% it's not light leaks. It's a sealed tent grow that's in a blacked out room. There's not a single l.e.d lot in that whole room in the dark period.
I'm fed up with fem seeds now, I never have hermies with clones, well I had one cut of gg#4 herme on me but I snapped that plant at base while trying to bend it over in the first week of flower.
It's making me crazy thing to get my head around what I'm doing wrong because my plants on a whole look pretty decent.
This photo was taken at lights on just after watering.
picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
A lot of tents aren't 100% lightproof. It sneaks in around zippers or material is to thin. I would turn lights off in tent and turn lights on outside tent. Get in tent and close it up. See if there is any light or if it is totally dark.

G

ganjygav

A lot of tents aren't 100% lightproof. It sneaks in around zippers or material is to thin. I would turn lights off in tent and turn lights on outside tent. Get in tent and close it up. See if there is any light or if it is totally dark.

I could understand this if there was light outside of the tent to leak in. I have a blackout blind and black out curtains at the window. I sat in the room for 5 minutes during lights out last week when the male showed up and the first herm. Its dark and inside my tent is going to be darker.
I've grown plants in my back garden and I have street light right outside my fence, I have a security light that comes on whenever a cat comes in my garden. It's never completely dark in my backyard and I've never had a hermie outdoors. I don't understand the light leak Theory in general. Plants don't get complete dark in nature.
I'm leaning more to heavy feeding at moment but the plants ain't showing much apart from some leafs with turned down tips or folding down length ways slightly.

B

bigganjabud

Cheer up ganjygav I remember you here when I joined up and possiby From my diarys aswell

Mate it happens to us all at one point

Perks of the job eh?

G

ganjygav

Yeah same I remember you dude. I ain't no stranger to hermies. I've had a few. The odd plant in the odd crop but it's just getting ridiculous now lol. Like I say I had 8 plants last grow, 2 different strains. One strain had 3 plants turn herm and I slipped. I noticed the seeds growing in the buds before I noticed the few male flowers . That time I blamed the strain because the other in the tent was 100% female.
This grow 8 plants all the same strain and each and everyone has grown balls. As I said ridiculous. I'm cool though, don't know weather to laugh,cry or smash my tent up but I'm cool lol

MickTheBrag

hermies

hermies

from what I can see is your pots are too small. and so plants are getting rootbound. this will be stressing the plants. just my opinion.

so larger pots would be a good move.

G

ganjygav

What strain/breeder?I doubt it's your fault with full-on males...

It was only the one male, rest are herms, I don't want to go bad mouthing a company when it's a good chance it's my fault.
That's not cool, if I knew for sure it was the strain I would of course blame but I don't so I can't.
This was the male, no pistils just balls
picture.php

G

ganjygav

from what I can see is your pots are too small. and so plants are getting rootbound. this will be stressing the plants. just my opinion.

so larger pots would be a good move.

They're fabric smart pots, the plants were only vegged for like 21 days and had 2 pot ups. I took apart one plants soil after I culled it, there was plenty of space if anything they're under rooted. I will take a picture of roots tomorrow and post here when I start the mass execution lol

B

bigganjabud

OK brother I know this is gonna be a really really silly question but...........

You have proper sterilised every nook and cranny of that grow space ain't ya?

Male pollen is known to be able to fly 3mile in the wild so possibly a little in the seems or rafters or even in the fabric pot fabric itself

I am only offering a possibility out of a sea of potential answers but hopefully we will get you back to pure buddage as soon as possible

I'd tape a bag over the pure male and give it a day upside down with a few shakes and then freeze it for future breeding use (but that's just me bro)

I'm gonna look and see if I've got anything that is bulletproof and try and steer ya back in the right direction

Or even the cover over the filters, or even inside the ducting (I use a static charged feather duster and run on full power fully stretched out between crops to free any dust or debris)

Hope we can get through it

GREAT TO BE BACK OLD FRIEND

G

ganjygav

OK brother I know this is gonna be a really really silly question but...........

You have proper sterilised every nook and cranny of that grow space ain't ya?

Male pollen is known to be able to fly 3mile in the wild so possibly a little in the seems or rafters or even in the fabric pot fabric itself

I am only offering a possibility out of a sea of potential answers but hopefully we will get you back to pure buddage as soon as possible

I'd tape a bag over the pure male and give it a day upside down with a few shakes and then freeze it for future breeding use (but that's just me bro)

I'm gonna look and see if I've got anything that is bulletproof and try and steer ya back in the right direction

I welcome all help fella it's just most that's offered I've already been over myself. Light leaks was something I sorted a long time ago. Same with temps.
I don't seem to have much luck or skill in the feeding department. For a few years I used one brand fine without problems but after a while for some reason I started having issues. Went on for quite a few grows.
So I swapped to biobizz nutes and allmix soil last grow and I reckon I'm probably feeding a little too often or 2 heavy... probably both.

I did clean and sterilised the tent and equipment but no, I got lazy and didn't do the outside room but I was in a rush to make up for the loss before.
Well I got the time now so I will sort it this weekend. The male was cut last week. It was the first plant to show any sex, like day 6 or 7 of bloom. Which makes sense because males mature faster. The rest started female before or at the same time the herm flowers began. I've been watching these little nubs growing hoping for pistols but as soon as I see the balls coming out on stalks I know what's happening.

Last edited:
B

bigganjabud

I rekon loose male pollen might be about bleach everywhere

Start at the beginning

G

ganjygav

Yup I got a buddy who's gonna snip some sour diesel clones for me this weekend. I don't think I got work this weekend either so the bleach spray is coming out.
Gutted about losing this strain as it was brand new and sounded nice.