What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

magnum tent collapse

Bio boy

My xxxl magnums are collapsing the tent bad.tell me im not nuts just crazyily practible if i get agreed with il do it. Ive priced up frames its not worth it i get a new house after this one

I dont care about the tent being cut

I have a strong attik ridgid beam.

What if i eyebolt the ridge beam x4 and hang a 2x4 timber directly over the tent.

Then go inside the tent and screw a 2x4 to the otherone ontop...

Giving me a floating beam in the tent i can attatch to without any weight on the tent .

The 2x4s sandwitch the tent stopping leaks or rips .

2nd pic shows thw ridgid beam where the light is on the pic i just wana swap that for a 600watt hahaha

picture.php

picture.php

I'm certainly no expert but I did work for a contractor doing construction stuff for a few years and I built my own studio apartment as well. Of course with out looking at your place I cannot weigh every option but the method that you propose seems like it could work.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
As a stoned guy, I'm not sure I see anything wrong with the idea, but I might put some rubber washers or sealant or something around the inside 2x4's if you want to maintain air flow. My only worry would be what if the tent did actually collapse? Is the tent material strong enough it would pull the lights down from the weight of the hanging tent and poles, or would it just rip around the light?

Bio boy

Tent is fine on its own if i put 1 reflector up 30kg it creeks

So doin this will mitigate all weight to the beam and off the tent.

Tha ka for agreeing will post pics as i go.
Good call on silicone