What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Lives Matter "protest" lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshineinabag

Awwww c'mon man you don't want pine needles shoved into every inch of your body then set on fire? The stories I've heard at campfires......

White Beard

- Yes - good comment - there is always that to say about it -

- I still wonder though - why would someone go to all that trouble to make a meme about something that lacks any truth what-so-ever? - what's in it for them? - what's to gain from spreading mistruths? - if that is what they are -

- Maybe we need to dig a bit deeper - before calling bollocks on the whole deal?

- so the meme claims that 'BLM is entirely funded by Jewish Billionaires?' - first I guess that we have to figure out if the BLM is funded so - and who these Billionaires might be - if they exist -
Why would someone go to all the trouble? Consider the THOUSANDS of really ugly vicious fake shit on Facebook’s “republicanrevolution”. It was a closed group, might even be gone now...hate, obsession, brain weasels, devotion to an ideology? How about an effervescent mix?

well we know about zoros being one of their financiers, not sure who else.

here is a article listing the companies, then its just a matter of who owns them. of course many are donating to try and buy protection from their mobs. like target, lol, didnt go so well somehow, they burned that fucker to the ground.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/companies-donating-black-lives-matter/

i didnt even read this properly, so not sure if the foundations that donated are listed. thats how Zoros's money goes to these causes, he has a whole network of ngo's that he funels his money through.
The Soros mythology is pretty vast, but has a very short tale: no actual ‘there’ there. Being blind to the focused political expenses of Charles Koch over the last 40-50 years...and what’s been actually *bought*...robs you (or anyone) of credibility on the subject.

I imagine 'Vox' is a pseudonym to sound like 'fox'.

I suppose ... a journalist/publisher will make up so-called memes.

It may be that the publisher makes up provocative memes because he can!

It may also be that knowing what is true does not matter to a publisher who head has swollen out of proportion to his common sense.

Perhaps, because the publisher has no solutions and feels increasingly anxious about things ... simply makes up a remedy to make himself feel better.

I say bring back Spike Milligan! (Now there was a Comedian!)
I don’t see how ignorance, or disregard for facts or truth, leads to pointed, malicious, manipulative meme production “because he can”.

I think meme-generation and journalism are opposites; and I fail to see “publisher” grants any status when any seven-year-old with mommy’s phone can hit <SEND>

Sorry, quibbles, really

good link Hempy :dance013:

Poll Shows Majority Of Americans Have Turned Against Black Lives Matter.
Your sources are shit, if this is an example: you like what the guy is saying, but that means what? His poll is not representative of polling on the subject: what makes his so extra-legit? Besides your agreement?

with videos and eyewitness accounts. i could have kept going, but i don't feel the need for spoonfeeding trolls...

and since when is the new york post, run famously by rupert murdoch's news corp, left wing?

you're not even a good troll.
Doesn’t care about truth. Doesn’t care about consequence. Cares about dropping a log whenever and wherever - and in ‘winning’

A huge ego dissolving dose of LSD for every person on earth?
However much I might agree with you in spirit...but it’s not unrealistic to consider some few will not get the desired result...and those people can become a problem: how to care for those people, and bring them back psychologically and emotionally, for however long is a real issue if you’re talking about a few million people. A few million? If one-then the of one percent of the worlds population has a seriously bad and unresolved trip, that’s 7,000,000 people.

I know from experience that three such folks are too much for two people to handle well in most cases. Something to consider...

if you really want to stop this problem in it's tracks, you don't need just justice reform, you don't need to abolish the police. what you need is to abolish the war on drugs. amongst other things, but thats the elephant in the room and BLM won't say a word about it. its all about racism according to them.
I agree with you about the drug war: i has been a very effective tool for keeping prisons full and depriving black citizens of the right to vote.

Not interested in your opinions re: Black Lives Matter.

That is one of the great things about the internet, we can all use it, that dissemination of information transcends the boundries of identity and culture. It's pretty powerful when you really think about it. I'm pretty damn white myself, as far as I know I'm composed of German, Dutch, Irish, and English heritage. But, I also found out recently I have a small portion of Cherokee in me so I guess if you really delve into it, there's no such thing as a pure race. We're all a bunch of Hybrids, some with vigor and some without.
It has also spurred enormous growth in racist ideologies, specifically white superiority and anti-black “affinities”; Proud Boys and Breitbart and Steve Bannon would be nothing and nowhere without the internet.

Yes, we are ALL of “uncertain parentage” if we go back far enough

blatant bullshit. there are people that would be no loss to society (ANY society, even one of sociopaths) if they were to die, but i am not wishing it on them. can you not type without lying, as chump does when his lips move? i'm still a registered GOP voter, asshole, not a "lefty" by any means except that i know a con artist & bullshitter when i see one. you & chump would look good sitting in the same small sinking boat with Moscow Mitch & a few others...
“Conservatives” today think Eisenhower was a commie, for Christ’s sake...and they think it’s always been like this

This small Asian man stands up to BLM. What he says about American values will blow your mind.

*This little Asian fella looks to be a 'Trumper' - judging by his hat -

- But he does make sense - just reading the comments of the video kinda lays out the problem - and offers solutions -

- couple of comments from that vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdiiBcc1N8o

1st Quote: - ''Back in the 80's, my 76 year old Vietnamese grandfather came to the USA speaking zero English. He made time to go to the local Vietnamese centre to learn English. He eventually became fluent in English and travelled around California on numerous bus trips to enjoy his freedom which the communists had taken away when they took over. His family of children and grandchildren also took advantage of the opportunities the USA provides.

They all took extra time to learn English, learn American culture, assimilate into US culture while still retaining Viet culture, studied hard, and give back to America by being productive citizens (we have doctors, lawyers, welders, machinists in our family) AND providing two sons to serve in the US Army.

We had hardships, we initially needed government assistance which we are all grateful for, we got off it, got educated, and got employed...and we prospered.

Did we face racism? Yes. From whom? Assholes. We benefited from the goodness and kindness of others from all races and we faced racism from assholes of all colors.

The key factor is that Viet culture favors education, discipline (especially from youths), marriage & children born in wedlock (gay marriage is fine no worries there). Over time these things bring prosperity.

My worry are the generations born in the US growing up in this soft self-entitled time. This Age of the Victim. This is no way to advance yourself. You cannot move forward if you saddle your mind with victimhood thinking.''

2nd Quote: - ''Being a black man in America is not easy" pfftt...!! Seriously.. Being a Jew in the middle east is not easy, being a child in Syria is not easy, being a woman in an Arab country is not easy, being a black man in China is not easy, being born in north Korea is not easy. Being a minority in a third world country is not easy. YOU.! A black man who can say whatever he wants, if you work hard you can become whatever you want, and you say its not easy because you are a black free man living in one of the most prosperous country in the world?'' -
Things that need pointing out...accepting every word he says in the first quote. He describes the immigrant experience in the US to a T. EVERY wave of immigrants have been through the same overall ordeal. At least until business figured out they could profit off immigrant labor & the pressure they put on wages across the board - and profit off the immigrant *presence* by railing against immigrants “stealing jobs” and building a political power base on the people they were paying to *get* hauled into the country That mostly only affects immigrants from Central America, though.

The immigrant experience is totally NOT the black experience of the US unless you’re a black immigrant. The black experience is triggered by being black: that is, being more easily recognized “as *black*” than as anything else. The racism of Jim Crow America was and is very specific: “these people” aren’t citizens, they are escaped property, they are criminals by pretending they’re free and get to vote; they are jumped up monkeys who deserve to be put in cages - or better: back to work for their masters. They shouldn’t *get* a living wage, they’re *servants*, they shouldn’t be paid at all, they must be watched closely by the community, any slip up and they should go straight to jail/work-farm/chain-gang.

It’s WHY they are so oppressively overpoliced; it’s WHY ‘ordinary people’ view them with *automatic* suspicion; it’s WHY police are allowed to kill them without punishment; it’s WHY they have so much trouble finding housing outside of redlined districts. It’s WHY thegeneral assumption that “they must be up to something”.

Not being black, the man cited in the article would never have triggered that complex nest of reactions that are activated when a black person is spotted. In the second quote, he dismisses the idea that “blacks have a hard time in the US”, contrasting their situation with a Jew in Israel. It would be more appropriate to set those Jews in Europe during the Middle Ages - or in Germany in 1939.

This man is as blind to the reality of living while black in the USA as any observer from a far-off land. It’s a privilege he shares with others here who are not black. No blame, how *would* he know without seeing it, hearing about it, experiencing it?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Why would someone go to all the trouble? Consider the THOUSANDS of really ugly vicious fake shit on Facebook’s “republicanrevolution”. It was a closed group, might even be gone now...hate, obsession, brain weasels, devotion to an ideology? How about an effervescent mix?

The Soros mythology is pretty vast, but has a very short tale: no actual ‘there’ there. Being blind to the focused political expenses of Charles Koch over the last 40-50 years...and what’s been actually *bought*...robs you (or anyone) of credibility on the subject.

I don’t see how ignorance, or disregard for facts or truth, leads to pointed, malicious, manipulative meme production “because he can”.

I think meme-generation and journalism are opposites; and I fail to see “publisher” grants any status when any seven-year-old with mommy’s phone can hit <SEND>

Sorry, quibbles, really

Your sources are shit, if this is an example: you like what the guy is saying, but that means what? His poll is not representative of polling on the subject: what makes his so extra-legit? Besides your agreement?

Doesn’t care about truth. Doesn’t care about consequence. Cares about dropping a log whenever and wherever - and in ‘winning’

However much I might agree with you in spirit...but it’s not unrealistic to consider some few will not get the desired result...and those people can become a problem: how to care for those people, and bring them back psychologically and emotionally, for however long is a real issue if you’re talking about a few million people. A few million? If one-then the of one percent of the worlds population has a seriously bad and unresolved trip, that’s 7,000,000 people.

I know from experience that three such folks are too much for two people to handle well in most cases. Something to consider...

I agree with you about the drug war: i has been a very effective tool for keeping prisons full and depriving black citizens of the right to vote.

Not interested in your opinions re: Black Lives Matter.

It has also spurred enormous growth in racist ideologies, specifically white superiority and anti-black “affinities”; Proud Boys and Breitbart and Steve Bannon would be nothing and nowhere without the internet.

Yes, we are ALL of “uncertain parentage” if we go back far enough

“Conservatives” today think Eisenhower was a commie, for Christ’s sake...and they think it’s always been like this

Things that need pointing out...accepting every word he says in the first quote. He describes the immigrant experience in the US to a T. EVERY wave of immigrants have been through the same overall ordeal. At least until business figured out they could profit off immigrant labor & the pressure they put on wages across the board - and profit off the immigrant *presence* by railing against immigrants “stealing jobs” and building a political power base on the people they were paying to *get* hauled into the country That mostly only affects immigrants from Central America, though.

The immigrant experience is totally NOT the black experience of the US unless you’re a black immigrant. The black experience is triggered by being black: that is, being more easily recognized “as *black*” than as anything else. The racism of Jim Crow America was and is very specific: “these people” aren’t citizens, they are escaped property, they are criminals by pretending they’re free and get to vote; they are jumped up monkeys who deserve to be put in cages - or better: back to work for their masters. They shouldn’t *get* a living wage, they’re *servants*, they shouldn’t be paid at all, they must be watched closely by the community, any slip up and they should go straight to jail/work-farm/chain-gang.

It’s WHY they are so oppressively overpoliced; it’s WHY ‘ordinary people’ view them with *automatic* suspicion; it’s WHY police are allowed to kill them without punishment; it’s WHY they have so much trouble finding housing outside of redlined districts. It’s WHY thegeneral assumption that “they must be up to something”.

Not being black, the man cited in the article would never have triggered that complex nest of reactions that are activated when a black person is spotted. In the second quote, he dismisses the idea that “blacks have a hard time in the US”, contrasting their situation with a Jew in Israel. It would be more appropriate to set those Jews in Europe during the Middle Ages - or in Germany in 1939.

This man is as blind to the reality of living while black in the USA as any observer from a far-off land. It’s a privilege he shares with others here who are not black. No blame, how *would* he know without seeing it, hearing about it, experiencing it?

we thank the great white bearded man in the sky for bringing back old posts out of their correct context and passing judgment on us mere ignorant, missguided, faulty mortals.

can't wait to see you in a room with the mostly peacefull protesters working out the way forward. but of course you don't have a peep to say about the ridiculous shit spouted by your revolutionary comrades in this thread.

virtue signaling won't save you when the great revolution comes

shaggyballs

Veteran
An interesting factor illustrated right in these forums is the constant accusation of a lack of debate of the issues and presentation of facts, predominantly from those who are unable to articulate the supposed facts which they, themselves, believe they have addressed but in reality have done nothing of the kind.

It is certainly juicy Monty Python material. [albeit frightening on a grander scale]

It is hard to believe I thought at one time you were one to listen to.:friends:
Oh well, they say never meet your heroes:biglaugh:

shaggyballs

Veteran
This got buried......come on laugh you know it is funny.

On a lighter note.
Ben Franklin is laughing his ass off right now.
"Come and get me bitches"
iu

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
But truly you see Trump 2020 is our only hope.
Why can you not see Trump is our nations hero.
Trump 2020

I've seen him turn our country upon itself.

I've seen him retreat on treaties, alienate allies, and lower our world view.

I've seen him cower in a bunker from his own constituency.

I've never equated any action or intention from him to heroic.

What did he ever do that was heroic?

Was it when he lied about not knowing who drew on the weather map?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump 2020

Trump is our nations hero? His disrespect towards women, people of color and the disabled sure makes him a saint huh? Oh and he was super right about coronavirus just going away. Oh he also did a great job winning the popular vote in 2016 too. Wait didnt he also say mexico was paying for our wall? He nailed that also. He inherited a rising economy and claimed it as his own work when he had done nothing, amazing! He insulted a national hero by saying he prefers people who werent captured. Wow that was something special too. He also speaks very presidential like with his big words. He always impresses me with his superior intellect he displays verbally and on twitter. He held a recent rally where the goal was to have people not need masks.....people got covid...and they died. He is a hero!

shaggyballs

Veteran

Trump 2020

This got buried......come on laugh you know it is funny.

On a lighter note.
Ben Franklin is laughing his ass off right now.
"Come and get me bitches"
iu

shaggyballs

Veteran

Oh, you want to talk politics...I see now.

Don't ya think that is best left to the political threads?
Let us leave the politics there shall we.
I will if you and all the other nevertrumpers will.

Are ya game let's do this.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You babbling about nevertrumpers doesn't count right?

I might mention all of the "vote for Trump" posts while I'm at it...

shaggyballs

Veteran
Oh, you want to talk politics...I see now.

Don't ya think that is best left to the political threads?
Let us leave the politics there shall we.
I will if you and all the other nevertrumpers will.

Are ya game let's do this.

You did not answer my questions...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.