What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

i gave my plants silica for the first time and the results are amazing

L

larry badiner

i have a 55 gallon rez and i poured in a small amount (about a 4 second pour) right after i found out I had a calcium deficiency. it was probably ph related so i just added some maxibloom/floranova along with silica and the plants bounced back with a vengeance. they started growing fast and fat, and despite having a mild calmag deficency looked great

i suggest everyone score a bottle, its good stuff!

Kalachakra

Aptus made its spearhead with "regulator" and plants take the force-feeding as champions ; if you allow me, to the same extent sulfur it fact a great antistress against the heat also.

On soil try powder of field horsetail.

Last edited:

neongreen

Veteran
Great stuff isn't it! It also goes a long way too, so very cost effective. I tend to apply it as a foliar most of the time, alternating between it and maxicrop seaweed, and they always look healthy, unless I havn't bothered for a while!

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
For value--imo, you can't beat Growmore's Silo-tec--$32 for 2.5 gallons.

My post from a different thread--

Ummm...imo, price and convenience of use (no mixing of dry ingredients) make Silo-Tec a "superior" item (not to mention it also is derived from mono-silicic acid--a claim that Pro-Tekt does not make).

Paying less than $14 a gallon for liquid silica is one thing that makes this product unique....lol...said differently why pay twice the price if you don't' need to?

On Edit...posted pics of label and cap (with price tag) from my 2.5 gallon jug I bought several years ago (since I could not find one on the internet). Evidently, Grow More only sells this in 2.5 gallon containers and....according to their formulator, is NOT the same as their other potassium silicate product (Armor Kote) that is almost exclusively marketed toward cannabis growers. (Can you hear the cha-ching sound from those old cash registers?)

picture.php

picture.php

Silica is one of the most overlooked nutrients on the market. It's seen as inert so no one pays it any mind, but if you look at all the conventional ag studies a simple silicon application will boost so many desirable traits in a plant having to do with stress tolerance and yield.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Where do you buy this? I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks!

I got mine at OC Farm Supply (they always have stock on the floor), but any shop that carries GrowMore products should be able to special order it for you. Imo, Silo-tec is an incredible bang for your buck.

Kalachakra

One easy tips for indica ???

FeSO4 at 2:1000 in foliar at weeks 3 and 5 increase resin production.

Not for sativa or typed sativa hybrid, it slow motions for her.

CaliNewby

After reading this I did some looking around, the shop near me sells Aptus.. a bit steep if you ask me? Anybody have any alternatives? Dying to see how it works for me

ODF

I bought PotSil. Liquid Silica. Potassium Silicate. 150ml. 34%.

Quite concentrated so it should last me a while.

Under 10 bucks from Ebay so I felt it was the right kind of money for trying this stuff out.

Latest posts

Latest posts