What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2017

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Here are the bulb extenders that I ordered. As you can see by the shadows on the walls, these will work out well. They sell them in two smaller sizes, I may pick them up later as these girls grow up. They were switched to 12/12 yesterday.
picture.php

As you can see the bulb is now more towards the center of the screens. This should help fatten up those lower buds these last few weeks. These Zak Haze girls are seven weeks already. Last time I took her at eight weeks, but read a comment online that the dispensary where I got her from takes it to ten weeks. I liked the smoke at eight weeks A LOT so I hope she is better at nine weeks this time. Maybe I'll go ten weeks next time. I plan to give them just RO these last two weeks.
picture.php

The last round of auto flowers is almost finished. This time I'm going to try something more micro, solo cup hempys :biggrin: Solo cups filled with 3:1 perlite to vermaculite and watered with superthrive. I'm going to use GH 3 part and give hydro a shot. I dropped five each of the Lowryder crossed with La Diva, The Devil, and Ultraviolet.
picture.php

I made some more rosin from my Zak Haze. I altered my protocol since last time. I used less pressure and less time and my yield went up to 25%. The quality went up too.

belivitez

Reiko!!! This thread is f@$€ing exellent!! Your organic fertilizers has my special attention!! :tiphat: can you describe how do you make lactobacilus sulution?

Goats

nice to see the hempy cups!

had some cuts that needed to be potted so i thought i'd give coco hempy cups a go. the cuts love them.

it's making me want to try a full run in hempy buckets. want to run a pack of 11 next so can't use the dwc setup i'm using now. hempy?

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Reiko!!! This thread is f@$€ing exellent!! Your organic fertilizers has my special attention!! :tiphat: can you describe how do you make lactobacilus sulution?

Thanks belivitez. All of the recipes are on theunconventionalfarmer dot com. I highly suggest you read that to start.

nice to see the hempy cups!

had some cuts that needed to be potted so i thought i'd give coco hempy cups a go. the cuts love them.

it's making me want to try a full run in hempy buckets. want to run a pack of 11 next so can't use the dwc setup i'm using now. hempy?

View Image

Nice hemp cups. I have been wanting to try my hand at hydro, but didn't want to mess all the pumps, timers, res changes, etc. This seems like hydro as simple as it gets.

------------

I harvested my auto flowers. Ill probably get 10-15 grams from both. A nice little boon as I'm running low on my jars. My Zak Haze should be done in a couple weeks and the CBD cab a few weeks after that. I'm preparing my next round in the screens of the Bubba Kush S1.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
More autoflower on the way. I soaked 15 seeds for 24 hours then into paper towels for another 24 hours. 14 germinated, and I threw out the longest tap root and the smallest. The rest got transferred to the hempy cups. Today they are all above the soil and doing well. Just getting a bit of water and superthrive for now.
picture.php

Here is a close up of a Zak Haze bud at 54 days. Last time I took her at eight weeks and was quite pleased with the results. I'm going to give her an extra week this time and see if it is better. Some of my favorite smoke right now.
picture.php

Here is Juanita at 49 days, I usually take her to 77 days, hoping she makes it that long. The buds could use some filling in, but I think they will make it. Those tall spears are about 12 inches long. Still more yellow than I had hoped. I need to hook up the dimmer next time. I'm thinking the light is too intense.
picture.php

Cannatonic also at 49 days. She is filled in a lot more. Her buds are about eight inches long.
picture.php

My Jilly Bean plants have been switched to 12/12 a week ago and two are males the other two are females. I cut the males down and removed the root ball, then plopped a clone of the females in the hole. I couldn't just flower two plants, that would be a waste.

I've previously made my bloom and fish fertilizers. Now I'm making my grow fertilizer. For the past few weeks I've been saving the leaves from defoliation and growth tips from trimming mothers and those Jilly Bean males. The fan leaves give nitrogen and the growth tips give growth hormones. About 150 grams of leaf were added to one of the growlers. Then 85 ml of molasses were added on top along with another 85 ml or so of water. Finally it was inoculated with 5ml lacto serum. This will ferment for about two weeks then will be strained and ready for use. It is mixed 1:1 with the fish fertilizer and added at about 15 ml/gal.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So far so good, all nine are up and rocking their first true leaves. Still giving them nothing but superthrive for a few more days. Once they start taking off, I will slowly introduce nutrients. Now where are my pH and TDS pens? I haven't used them I quite a while :biggrin:
picture.php

The CBD cab is limping along. They seem to be ripening up quicker under the COBs. I'll give them another week or so before chop time.
picture.php

Jilly Bean girls around two weeks, #2 on the left and #4 on the right. The clones are about a week behind. So far the mainlining is working out, I am rotating the plants to prevent them from becoming unbalanced.
picture.php

The Zak Haze in the screens will be harvested in just a few more days. I'm happy with how they turned out so far. Harvest pictures coming soon.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Since I have s few harvests coming up, I thought I would check on things with my USB microscope. These were taken from small popcorn buds at the bottom of the plants.

Cannatonic at 56 days. Mostly cloudy with a few amber on the fan leaves. Should be ready by next week.
picture.php

Juanita la Lagrimosa at 56 days. Mostly clear with a few cloudy and amber. Hope she will ripen up a bit more next week. She's starting to show her purple.
picture.php

Zak Haze and 61 daze. That looks about perfect, almost all cloudy with a few clear and no amber. Next time I will try taking her one more week to 10.
picture.php

Deprivation

Hey Reiko,

Real nice read, Glad you said hello so I was able to find this thread. Those hempys are going to blow up! P3:V1 works great in solo. Whose lowryder is that?

Peace

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Hey Reiko,

Real nice read, Glad you said hello so I was able to find this thread. Those hempys are going to blow up! P3:V1 works great in solo. Whose lowryder is that?

Peace

Thanks for stopping by. It's my first time with hempys. The male from these came from a pack of Lowryder 2 mix from seedsman. I think I am going to make some feminized seeds soon. As a micro grower, I would prefer not having to start 2x as many seeds to fill up my space. Stay tuned for that.

Hello ReikoX the projects with the Arduino gave up? Very good method of organic farming.

The Ardunio project is on hold until more money is available. The homemade nutrients are very inexpensive and work well for me. Quality is always good with them.

:tiphat:

I watered the Hempy cups at pH 5.7 and 233 ppm.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Zak Haze is ready at 9 weeks this time. As you can see, the bulb was too high on the screen. The new bulb extenders should help a lot next round. Next round will be Bubba Kush S1.
picture.php

Here is a close up of one of the bigger buds all trimmed up. These were grown entirely with recycled soil and homemade nutrients.
picture.php

The screens can conveniently be used to hang my buds from as well. It's very dry here, they will be pretty dry in 3-4 days. They will be put into paper bags for a day or two to slow down the drying process. After that they will go into jars and get burped until the humidity stabilizes at 62%.
picture.php

The CBD cab should be ready next...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The autos are all up. They are getting fed a light dose (~200 ppm) of fertilizer. Once they reach the resivoir they should take off. They are working on their second true leaves now.
picture.php

And now we come to my next project. I decided to build me a CS generator. I had a female plug for a DC power adapter and some 99.99% silver wire. I folded each wire in four and twisted it. I soldered the twisted silver wires directly to the plug, then covered them with heat shrink. All I have to do is fill with (distilled) water, screw on the lid and plug it in.
picture.php

I let it run over night and now I have a jar of CS that I can use to make some feminized autos.
picture.php

Now for the tough part, deciding what to reverse and what to pollinate. I'm leaning towards reversing the Fast and Vast then hitting up the rest with that pollen. What would you like to see crossed? I have the following auto flower seeds:
1x Lowryder Mix (Seedsman)
1x Fast and Vast (Heavyweight)
1x Ultraviolet (Samsara)
4x La Diva (Delicious)
1x The Devil (Delicious)
1x La Musa (Delicious)
1x Crystal Candy (Sweet Seeds)
1x Big Devil XL (Sweet Seeds)
picture.php

M

Mr. Sparkle

You don't have to run it over night just run until you start to see the bigger black particles forming or that silver sheen on top of the water, as past that anything extra doesn't help our purpose.

Im actually spray some CS right now on a Sweet Seeds Cream Mandarine, also for the ones your spraying run them a good two week out before the ones you want to pollinate.

Tbonegrower

Killing it around these parts.

I would think about the ultraviolet, but the fast and vast has a more varied gene pool in its makeup. It may yield a bit more diverse set of offspring. I would have to really smoke on that one...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to give me feedback. :tiphat:

You don't have to run it over night just run until you start to see the bigger black particles forming or that silver sheen on top of the water, as past that anything extra doesn't help our purpose.

Im actually spray some CS right now on a Sweet Seeds Cream Mandarine, also for the ones your spraying run them a good two week out before the ones you want to pollinate.
Most of the stuff I read said to run over night (8-12 hrs), I'll try less time next and see if it works out. I know you have done this a few times.

I have read that you want the to start the ones you want to pollinate first so they have plenty of pistils to pollinate. Then again, that was with regard to photoperiods. I will try your way this time. Im thinking i will do several flowers in my PC. I just have to decide where to put my PC so that it doesnt pollinate anything else.

Killing it around these parts.

I would think about the ultraviolet, but the fast and vast has a more varied gene pool in its makeup. It may yield a bit more diverse set of offspring. I would have to really smoke on that one...

I've been thinking about this a lot myself too. I've run everything except the Sweet Seeds before. I got quite a bit of variation on everything. The Fast and Vast holds up to its name, but definitely lacks in the taste/smell department. The Ultraviolet varied a lot with a shorter broad leaf phenotype to a taller narrow leaf phenotype.

As I smoke on it, I think perhaps the the best results would be from reversing the Chrystal Candy by Sweet Seeds. It is a 4th Gen auto, whatever that means.

Fast and Vast
picture.php

Ultraviolet #1
picture.php

Deprivation

Nice looking Updates. The only thing I would say is that I run my CS through a coffee filter to remove any impurities. And the time one runs the CS generator depends on the current and voltage as well as anode and cathode surface ares it's not a one size fits all. I run My CS 24 hours to get a light yellow to golden color I never get large black impurities in mine.

Last edited:

Tbonegrower

I just got done looking at the Crystal Candy Auto's stats, and I would have to say I might agree with you. I bet you would get a pretty good mix of kids with that cross. You could also reverse the La Musa and reinforce some traits with The Devil. Sounds like a blast no matter how you slice it.

I forgot about the Sweet Seeds crosses I had made until you mentioned using it. It was Sweet Cheese crossed with GDP Purple Dream, if I recall correctly.

Have you ever run anything by Afterthought? I have never bought any seeds from the bay, but I have been very tempted a number of times...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Nice looking Updates. The only thing I would say is that I run my CS through a coffee filter to remove any impurities. And the time one runs the CS generator depends on the current and voltage as well as anode and cathode surface ares it's not a one size fits all. I run My CS 24 hours to get a light yellow to golden color I never get large black impurities in mine.
The coffee filter is great idea. I'll have to give that a try. I'm using a 6 volt 300 milliamp power supply, but that can be easily changed. It's not something that I have to use often. Those twisted wires have a lot of surface area. I noticed a light haze around one and bubbles around the other within seconds of plugging it in. Have you ever used CS with auto flowers?
:tiphat:
I just got done looking at the Crystal Candy Auto's stats, and I would have to say I might agree with you. I bet you would get a pretty good mix of kids with that cross. You could also reverse the La Musa and reinforce some traits with The Devil. Sounds like a blast no matter how you slice it.

I forgot about the Sweet Seeds crosses I had made until you mentioned using it. It was Sweet Cheese crossed with GDP Purple Dream, if I recall correctly.

Have you ever run anything by Afterthought? I have never bought any seeds from the bay, but I have been very tempted a number of times...
I'm pretty sure I am going to reverse the Crystal Candy. I haven't ordered from Afterthought yet, but they have some interesting offerings. I'm pretty sure I'm done buying autos for a while though.
:chin:
So I'll do as Mr. Sparkle suggested and start up the Crystal Candy auto this week. Two weeks from now, I'll start the rest of the seeds. When do I start spraying and for how long? Can I spray part of the plant and pollinate itself? Can I collect and save the pollen just like a normal male? I think I'll use my PC (DrBudGreengenes style) for this project, I haven't completed a cycle in there for a while.
:woohoo:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The CBD run is done at 63 days. Here is a full cab shot. It smells fantastic in there!
picture.php

Juanita la Lagrimosa was taller but smaller buds. The buds were denser though. She gets a lot more purple.
picture.php

Buds all trimmed up. There was quite a bit of popcorn, I could have flipped them a bit sooner.
picture.php

Cannatonic could probably have used another week. The buds are bigger, but less dense.
picture.php

All trimmed up, not as much popcorn. All in all, I think i have about 3-4 ounces. Still waiting for the Skywalker OG clones to root.
picture.php