What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10,000 watts. med grow. smoke local kush everyday.

Legaldroman

not at all, trust me the air will not be sucked back in

that air handler has to be moving 400cfms per ton to transfer the cold into the air, or the refrigerant will start to freeze the coils...
so your air hander is running at least 2000cfms..place a couple fans on the wall and you will be able to cool your room down no problem...

that hood will work, but the air will lose so much speed just swirling around in there and then making a harsh 90 turn to exit a smaller hole.....ducting will just start to have condensate form and drip everywhere and its slows down the air...

not needed is just what I am trying to say

I'd like to chime in with my experience, currently I'm running a 5 ton Topaz and the blower didn't have a plenum attached to it, it just blew the air straight up. I found that without ducting down my room with 14" duct the t-stat on the device got confused from sucking the cold air back into the intake. One side of my room would be 90 and the other would be 76:fsu:. Once I attached a plenum and ran the ducting all the way to the end of my room and capped it, I cut slits over every hood and immediately the temp of the room was in line.
Now the only difference with the excel and the topaz that might change the situation I'm thinking is the t-stat and where it's located. RedRain said "mount your thermostat in an opposite corner where there is no air flow to maintain an even temp " This is really smart, the one problem I see with this stand alone Topaz is that the T-Stat is mounted to the unit right above the intake and below the exhaust, a very easy place for it to get confused imo. I'm really liking the idea that you could take the t-stat for the excel and mount it pretty much anywhere in the room, that alone makes the excel a better device! I ordered the plenum from excel and I've spoke with Austin several times, he recommends to attach the plenum add 14" ducting as well. I plan on doing so, but RedRain has a totally valid point, if you're feeling lucky play around with it and let us know how it works out.
Sorry for rambling, but my excel comes in today and I'm so excited...I only have a little but left on this run, as soon as I harvest I'm installing the excel the same day!

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
my t-stat is as far to the opposite corner as i can get it and there is no airflow, so i am pretty sure i'll be alright without the plenum. if not we can see and i'll just end up playing around with it.

happy for you legald. austin is def a cool guy and excel is the shit. so glad i went with them. probably going to order 3 more 4 tons from them for a future endeavor but for now we will keep that hush hush ;)

R

RedRain

ya trust me plenums are a waste of time..when they are sweating condensate everywhere and causing issues in a fully loaded room you will see what I am talking about

also you can mount the air handlers vertically to blow the air across the room, that gets rid of a plenum slowing down the air

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
Ok...been a week since my last update...most clones are starting to come around and some are taking off. I ended up with 64 clones soooo I scaled back to 8 lights with 8 plants per light and took the other 2000 for a veg room i'm building..so not all is too bad.

Feeding around 550 ppm.

Ran out of propane for my co2 burner...i guess those little bbq tanks don;t really go a long way...got about 5 days out of it with my 8 burner co2 gen...is that normal?(I ran tanks before getting this burner)

Watching for these clones to take off in the next week...i'm looking for 4 ozs a plant so i will probably veg through the month of may and flip in early june...but who knows could be another 2-3 weeks and i'll be flippin em..

right now i have the smallest clones underneath HO T5s to get them to bush out a little more...also bought 3x1000 Watt maverick sun dlux bulbs....love these bulbs half the price then hortilux and better...trust me i use hortilux in my garden too.

anyway...that's it for this update...i'll be around.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Dude,
Nice looking Rig your running there man. Is that Promix or your own mix?
What PH you running your pots at man? & whats your run-off & your Nute solution's PH, just out of curiousity?
Good Luck with the show my friend, hope it all runs smoothe for you.
Peace & Happy Growing .......Scroger! ;)

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
its promix bx bio-fungicide...not really liking it so far..i usually use the promix bx myco..makes roots explode.

i'm running my nutrient ph around 5.5-5.8...ill be bumping it up throughout the grow..

i haven't tested my runoff yet. i don't usually saturate the soil until they get a tad bit older...its kind of easy to over water when they are young and in promix...i'm switching to a shredded rubber/dripper system next go around.

actually it sort of is and sort of isn't. I mean it's 100% legal in your state but 100% illegal federally. So at best it's like 50% legal. Anyway I'm just waiting for the police to barge in and shoot my dogs and steal all my property and then... talk to me like they want to teach me about right and wrong.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
actually it sort of is and sort of isn't. I mean it's 100% legal in your state but 100% illegal federally. So at best it's like 50% legal. Anyway I'm just waiting for the police to barge in and shoot my dogs and steal all my property and then... talk to me like they want to teach me about right and wrong.

damn dude where did that come from...don't bring that negativity in here. and by the way the feds don't usually bother with people unless they are growing over 100 plants which carries the MMS. so stay below 16 patients and you're good...

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
put up some reflective surface around the outside of the grow. i'll be putting some mylar on big pieces of cardboard, so i can move them accordingly.

really bummin about the passage of the new bill in colorado. i just don't understand. i have 16 patients. so now i'm gonna have to tell 11 of my patients that "sorry now i can't be your caregiver". im contemplating getting a business license and opening up a mobile dispensary before the moratorium goes into effect in july of this year. my house is zoned as a commercial property because it used to be a business, so no problemo on the zoning.. than i just gotta come up with the 10-35k for the license fee by july 2011 and i'm good.

the clones are bouncing back with a vengeance now. check out the first pics..that was two weeks ago...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
well. doubt that anyone cares. since i'm not even flowering yet, but here is an update.

i'm in the process of fighting the borg right now (GAHHH!). i have been hitting them with ed rosenthals zero tolerance. it has been killing the mites dead, but i have to keep hitting them because of the eggs. sooo i am about to order some floramite(if anyone in CO can hit me up with some i'll pay good). this should get rid of them real quick. i want to get this under control 100% before flower.

right now all the ladies are starting to blow up. room temps are high, but i'm running co2, and they seem to love it. the biggest ones are about 20 inches tall and 15 inches accross. and the smallest about a little more than half that. i am going to veg them for another 2-3 weeks. i'm trying to get 4 ounces a plant. if anyone has any input on how long they think i should veg lemme know. this is my first time using a co2 gen. and i don't know what to expect in terms of increase in yield.

on a side note: i just ordered shaun t's insanity. it's a 60 day workout. on the first day of flower i will start doing insanity. i will post pictures of my progress of my buds every update and i will also be posting a picture of my abs. should be pretty funny.

here are some pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i also added saucers underneath each pot. i have been notcing roots starting to come down through the holes in the bottom of the pot.
picture.php

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Ahhh the days of 10k...and likewise the days of 5 fixed in Prison. Kudo's Brother! Best wishes,and good luck. Props!

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
Ahhh the days of 10k...and likewise the days of 5 fixed in Prison. Kudo's Brother! Best wishes,and good luck. Props!

i feel you on that one man. i left a state that was 5 flat for anything more than 20 plants. that mandatory minimum shit is bullshit. i have mad respect for people like you paving the way. so glad i'm doing this one by the book though. thanks for the kinda regards.

and thanks rus. im going for atleast 15 elbows. think i'll get it?

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
well...thought i'd do a 2 day update. it's amazing how fast these babies are growing. they are noticeably bigger in 2 days. still fighting the new hatchlings of the spider mites. the zero tolerance is working wonder, but the eggs just keep on hatching.

co2 ppm: 1200-1500
room temp: 80-90 degrees
room humidity: 40%
plant height: 15"-25"

right now i have 16 plants under each 1000 watt metal halide on 24/0. on june 1st i will split them up and put 6 under each 1000 watter. i will then put the screens in place a couple inches shorter than the plants, and train them as much as possible. i will veg for another week under 8000 watts hps on 18/6 to train them through the screens a little bit more. i will be doing a lot of the training through the screens during the initial stretch. i'm shooting for 4 zips a plant. i feel that is a realistic goal. that's 24 zips per light. who knows. if this veg goes great the 3 weeks, and they really explode i imagine i could prolly pull 30 zips per light. wish me luck..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

have a good day :)

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
maximum co2 uptake between 83-85 look it up...mines mostly 85 but it creeps up sometimes. during late flower i'll bump it down a tad. if you don't run co2 than yeah don't let the heat go up like this.

edit...just so everyone knows all these pics are of different sections of plants...not the same section haha..just wanted to point that out. someone sent me a pm asking bout it.