What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New 5x5 w/ variable 1000w hps Coco

ThenewCropman

Good morning/afternoon Group,

I would like to start off by saying thank you to all the individuals who have invested a lot of their time and knowledge into these forums to help us build and develop our own environments so we can all be successful. I have noted a lot of these advanced techniques and information for future grows. But with this first one I'd like to keep it simple and understand my environment before I get too complicated.

So the setup:

5x5 tent
415 cfm 6 inline fan
1000w variable digital ballast. Available to go 600,700,1000 or super lumen.
1 oscillating fan and 1 high velocity box fan.

Also have small booster fan available if I need it for more intake. Really don't think I will since the tent walls are being sucked in.

Going to grow in 5gal pot with 100% coco. Only going to do 5 plants, again trying to keep it simple. The plants are coming from Ace Mix Regular packaged on 02/20/18. Going to pick which ever strain or strains react or grow better in the environment.

I have also bought a cheap, simple led to help start seedlings and supplement with flower.

Currently planted seeds on 5/28 with no sprouts as off yet. Placed in peat pucks, inside a dome after soaking in water for 10 hours.

I have done some test for Temps. At night I will be sitting at 45% rh, and 18-19`C. With the lights on for 45 mins it only goes up 1`C. Thinking this will change when they are on for longer ? Humidity also stayed pretty close to around the same. Think it actually had a 1% increase ( started raining outside).

Just wanted to get my plan and ideas out their to see what everyone thinks for my first run. Like mentioned the heat slightly moved upwards , but not as much as I had hoped. Was planning for the lights to help with some of the heating but I'm not sure this is going to happen .

Thank you in advanced for any insight on this , any information is taken with open arms.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Good morning/afternoon Group,

I would like to start off by saying thank you to all the individuals who have invested a lot of their time and knowledge into these forums to help us build and develop our own environments so we can all be successful. I have noted a lot of these advanced techniques and information for future grows. But with this first one I'd like to keep it simple and understand my environment before I get too complicated.

So the setup:

5x5 tent
415 cfm 6 inline fan
1000w variable digital ballast. Available to go 600,700,1000 or super lumen.
1 oscillating fan and 1 high velocity box fan.

Also have small booster fan available if I need it for more intake. Really don't think I will since the tent walls are being sucked in.

Going to grow in 5gal pot with 100% coco. Only going to do 5 plants, again trying to keep it simple. The plants are coming from Ace Mix Regular packaged on 02/20/18. Going to pick which ever strain or strains react or grow better in the environment.

I have also bought a cheap, simple led to help start seedlings and supplement with flower.

Currently planted seeds on 5/28 with no sprouts as off yet. Placed in peat pucks, inside a dome after soaking in water for 10 hours.

I have done some test for Temps. At night I will be sitting at 45% rh, and 18-19`C. With the lights on for 45 mins it only goes up 1`C. Thinking this will change when they are on for longer ? Humidity also stayed pretty close to around the same. Think it actually had a 1% increase ( started raining outside).

Just wanted to get my plan and ideas out their to see what everyone thinks for my first run. Like mentioned the heat slightly moved upwards , but not as much as I had hoped. Was planning for the lights to help with some of the heating but I'm not sure this is going to happen .

Thank you in advanced for any insight on this , any information is taken with open arms.
... did you root your seeds in wet paper towel? To date, I am growing Gdp, Gc, Tw, and Dt. All seeds were soaked overnight in H2O, removed the sinkers and transferred them to a folded paper towel moistened with distilled water and H2O2 at 3%. Following day they showed their tap roots, waited another day (tap roots 3/8 - 1/2". Planted in peat pellets and they sprouted in a day (peeking) while fully out of the soil the following day. So 5 days for a 2" sprout. Crop King seeds with the exception of the Gdp.

Most of the time a simple tap on the floaters will send 'em to the bottom. If they don't, I wait another day. Most will sink the 2nd time around, if not, into the paper towel and hope for the best.

Hope this helps and good luck with your 1st grow :dance013:

ThenewCropman

No I didn't put them in papertowel. Over the 10 hours 5 sunk, 1 was still floating( pushed in down a little and it sunk half way haha) . Then I placed them in peat pucks.

I am preparing 6 seeds in the thought that one may die or not survive the seedling or veg process. If it does then that's fine with me !!

Thank you very much for the reply.