What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

finishing flowering plant outside

colossus

My first post here.
I have an interesting question that ive always wondered.
Lets say if I timed my flowering indoor to coincide with flowering outdoor (on 6am off 6pm) and I wanted to finish the last 2 weeks of flowering outside would that stress the plants out too much?

iTarzan

It would take a week just to get them tlerating outside sun.

Doesn't seem worth it. Especially when you will have to cover them to keep from revegging.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
My first post here.
I have an interesting question that ive always wondered.
Lets say if I timed my flowering indoor to coincide with flowering outdoor (on 6am off 6pm) and I wanted to finish the last 2 weeks of flowering outside would that stress the plants out too much?
A waste of time if you ask me.
I'm in a unique situation (well not so unique) where I grow both S & I. I have timed my grow to do all my vegging in my vegging tent 2x2x3 and, when the flowering phase begins, move my Indicas into the main tent 3x3x6 and my Sativas outdoors to the greenhouse via a shady spot on my deck for about a week or so. <--- shady spot = sporadic concentrated sun during the day, especially between 12-3 o'clock.

colossus

I'm just thinking if the outdoor light hours coincide with the indoor hours of 6 to 6 then would it be detrimental moving indoor to outdoor the last 2 weeks.. or even the last week of flowering. Could it turn them hermi or just not allow them to fatten up as much in those last week or two ?
They won't reveg because outdoor is less than 12 hours light atm

T

Teddybrae

Not an Expert here ... but I thought that growers did this sometimes. I 've seen film of busts where the Fuzz was pulling up plants from a garden that ... according to the sunlight hours at the time ... should not have been outside. However the sound-over said the naughty growers had a sophisticated hydro set up in the nearby sheds.

Maybe the growers wanted the room for the next hydro crop.

I reckon what you say has merit!

cheers!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
One of the only times I think this would be benficial is if you had a long flowering plant that wouldn't finish on it's own outside(due to winter coming). Maybe start a long flowering plant inside for the first month, them let it finish off outside once daylight hours are well into the 'flowering period" .

colossus

i don't have any experience on growing indoors or outdoors. but someone was telling me the shock would be too much from transitioning from artificial light to sunlight and turn a plant hermie. it got me thinking the past few weeks and thought i would join to see if anyone knew as i couldn't finding anything on the internet. i don't see how or why there would be much of a difference between the two.

Jonnysact

My vote would be to keep them where they are. The shock may outweigh whatever benefit your seek. But if you're curious, try and learn! And then share your results.