What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo#3 X Banghi haze and GT

J

jaded1

I've started 3 of the congo/banghi fems and 3 GT fems,will update with pics once there is a bit of growth from them.
The 3 GT's are up and so far 1 of the congos but they were put in to soak a day later.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent jaded1 :)

Thanks for supporting our newest releases from the R+D section of our website, much appreciated. ;)

The Congo # 3 x Bangi Haze fem seeds were harvested just a few months ago so we haven't had the time yet to explore this new hybrid, so i'm very curious about your outcome with these genetics. I have big expectations for this hybrid, all the recent hybrids we have produced with this Bangi Haze #29 parental plant are delivering great results (for example in Panama x Bangi Haze or in Bangi Haze x Ethiopian).

I expect the Congo 3 x Bangi Haze will work in a similar way than Bangi Haze x Ethiopian limited edition, but probably providing stronger and more electric effects.

Golden Tiger fem is a safe bet if you are looking for high yielding sativas with overpowering trippy effects.

Good luck!

J

jaded1

Thanks for making them available bro:)
Have wanted to try the congo#3(and angola red)since I 1st saw pictures of them years ago and these look like I could find something similar in the high dept!
I've grown GT before and love it,hopefully I can find something similar to 1 of the girls I had before that had a pronounced pineapple and floral smell to her after a bit of a cure.High was very euphoric and would take me away from chronic back pain for a good hr

J

jaded1

All are up and growing.
1st pic is the GT's and 2nd congo/banghi
picture.php
picture.php

rlsmooth

Good luck for your grow! You growing indoors, what kind of setup? Keep us updated I'm especially interested in GT..!

J

jaded1

Thanks bro!
They are under a 200w(actual)led at the mo,in organic soil.I'll be sticking them in a 1msq tent in a couple of weeks where i'll veg them for another couple of weeks before going to 12/12.They'll have a 315cmh with about 170w(actual)of leds for lighting.

GT is a great strain,looks like I might have another thai leaner from these 3.1 of them looks very similar to the girl I had before as a seedling
picture.php

rlsmooth

Damn those are tasty looking nuggets. How long did it take for that GT to finish last time? Your setup is almost same as mine then, althought you have a lil bit more light because of those leds!

J

jaded1

Think I picked her a few days over 13 weeks but she could of done with another 7/10 days.
She ended up a lovely smoke but took a good 10 weeks of curing before she got there.
My fave from the 3 I did was potent almost from when it was dry enough to smoke,would of liked to try some with a few months cure but effect was so nice none made it past 6 weeks!
picture.php

Last edited:

ULMW

Wonderful work jaded1 ! Am enticed by the Congo3 x Bangi haze fem myself ... Looks very very fine herb. Great growing and Thanks for documfnting
Glad you enjoyed the results too... Gone in 6wks .. Tasty things sadly do go quick!!
Happy growing Always!

J

jaded1

Thanks Syd!

Hey ULMW,cheers bro!Yeah it's hard not to smoke it when is so enjoyable!I always say to myself to try to smoke the less desirable plants at harvest but always end up leaving them till I have no choice!

I cant wait to see what comes from the congo's,hopefully i'll find 1 with that strong electric high.

All but 1 of the plants(a congo)were topped at 4th node and are growing,they do have some signs of too much nitrogen.They are ready to be potted up so will adjust soil to try to make them a bit happier!
1st 3 are the GT's

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Jaded1, congrats for doing a thread for us to enjoy. I wish you the best my friend! Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jaded1,

Glad you enjoyed so much with the phenos you got from your previous Golden Tiger cycle :)
Wish you can also find great females in this new batch.

The Congo # 3 x Bangi Hazes are showing so far the more robust initial structure of Bangi Haze, can't wait to see them flowering. Thanks a lot for the update!

J

jaded1

Thanks for following FL bro!Almost time to flower them so will update more regularly.

Hey Dubi bro,no doubt that i'll find something good from these 3,mixed pheno has a lovely sweet,floral smell to her in veg.1 plant is extremely thai leaning and been a struggle to get her feeding right,she's growing well but has some burnt tips.
1 of the congo/bangi looks and smells different to the other 2,the 2 have a similar mentholated smell on rubbing the stems with a tighter node and growth structure.Other has very little smell with long gaps between the nodes.
I'll get some pics up tomorrow before i pot them up

G

Yeah it's hard not to smoke it when is so enjoyable!I always say to myself to try to smoke the less desirable plants at harvest but always end up leaving them till I have no choice!

So true! :biggrin:
Babes seem to be going great!

J

jaded1

Cheers Syd bro!
A couple of pics,1st pic is the GT's and 2nd the congo/bangi
picture.php
picture.php

Really need to pot them up and get them in to flower but body is saying no at mo,hopefully will get in done in next couple of days

J

jaded1

Plants have been in flower for a couple of weeks now and are growing well,though wish the thai gt had less vigour!
1st 2 pics are the congo/bangi,others are the gt's.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

rlsmooth

They seem really happy under your care! Wow that GT especially has those narrow sativa leaves..might need support in the end flowering when the buds bulk up :D You have good times ahead with these..peace ^^

J

jaded1

Thanks rlsmooth bro,hopefully i can keep them happy until the end!
Yeah,i'll be staking 2 of the gt's in the next few days/week when i put them into final pot,the other shouldn't need it a is a lot shorter and stockier than her 2 sisters(she's sitting on a 4lt pot to get her closer to the height of the others).
The thai girl is pretty unstoppable,i must of pinched and folded each branch at least once a day but hasn't made much difference to her.I usually do it just before lights out each day and everytime i go back at lights on she's standing up straight again!

Latest posts

Latest posts