What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama X Malawi and GreenPCK X Panama under LEDs

Sticky Sat

They're all gorgeous my friend ! :) Each a beauty queen in her own special way... :)
And from sprouts to frosty colas, they have so many ways to make us fall in love... ;)

MadMac

far beyond driven...
great grow like always... :)
i see you come around a lot... hehe
Shackzilla by S@nnie is great also his other gear... wait still for restock
looks really good for LED grow...
did u feed cal/mag extra?
all the best
M.:Tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks MadMac,
yeah I come around quite often lately, got a nice schedule and can take pics every watering, so why not share these beauties ;)
S@nnie's gear proved itself to be really solid, tried the Kolossus twice, now SZ, also got a pack of Jack for one of my next rounds. Just ordered some seeds from Esko too, the Oaxaca and Jalisco mexican lines. I have no idea when I'll try them but it's better to have some in case they get out of stock, which will happen sooner or later. I was waiting for all 4 mexicans to be available but things went the other way for Esko, sadly.

Anyway, did I say I'm in love with PCK x Panama? :D
She's a gorgeous lady, I'll take some bottom branches for clones, hoping to reveg them without major issues.

Best vibes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

Glad you are satisfied so far with the progresses and yield of your plants.
Lovely looking flowers, realy interesting to see the PCK x Panama foxtailing more than the Panama x Malawi :)
Both are looking great and seems will stock you with excellent flowers for the summer time! ;)

Koondense

Veteran
The Panama x Malawi is following with foxtails, just starting to push the foxtail bud structure a bit later than the PCKxPanama which went much earlier in foxtail mode.
There's a bit of heat related stress which made the PCK Panama push some male parts. Can happen, no big deal.

A quickie for today, Panalawi cola:

picture.php

The buds are pretty tight and still have the last third of flowering ahead.
I reduced the light schedule to 11/13 now, PCKxPanama will get only water from now on while the Panalawi will need a few weeks of feeding. Shackzilla will also start the starving.

Cheers

vcasqui

The Panama x Malawi close-up from page 6 looks really yummy!

Also, I'm impressed with the amount and size of pistils your plants have. I'm never able to do that! They always end up looking burned or something like that.

Keep the good work!

Koondense

Veteran
Hi vcasqui,
thanks, I let them do the growing part by themselves :)
About your grow issue, may be some important factors involved so would be necessary to know more and see some pics. If it's a persistent problem, could be something with the setup/equipment or water quality.

Cheers

Kaskadian

Veteran
Koondense; fabulous work my friend! Sorry for not dropping by sooner; been busy. Lovely plants amigo.

Koondense

Veteran
8 weeks update

8 weeks update

Thank you Kaskadian, you're just in time for the best part of the show!

Time flies like crazy, full summertime is on and the sun is hitting hard.
Temperatures are kind of perfect, not too high for this season(30D, 20N) and the girls are loving it.
Also loving it is bud rot which came as a surprise to force me into taking a top of a cola for drying and early smoke testing(win!). I noticed a small brown leaf and opened the bud to find the rot spread inside one of the beautiful PCKxPanama colas. Luckily it's just local and was probably a consequence of leaf damage inside the bud, lost maybe a gram or two so who cares really. All other colas were inspected and no similar signs were found so smooth sailing ahead.

PCK x Panama @8 weeks
picture.php

These foxtails are so lovely, I really like her structure, very interesting. Here's a detail

picture.php

And of course Panalawi, this girl is getting fat and tight, very resinous and sticky. The lemon aroma is sharpening just the way I like it, fresh and spicy. I think she would like to go for 12 weeks, but I suspect will fall a bit earlier. Or maybe not at all, we'll see.
picture.php

Enjoy the summer vibe(and smoke sativa)! ;)

Cheers

orfeas

Veteran
Hey Koon, terrific buds mate!
I don't want to sound Kassandra but once bud rot is spotted, most probably it's a matter of time before you spot it anew...
here's a tune as a compensation for my "oracle"... :) watch out brother be alert...

:tiphat:orfeas

[YOUTUBEIF]GZGlXzvdYvU[/YOUTUBEIF]

ULMW

Greetings koondense. How you doing? Pray you are well and your loved ones too. Garden is looking great! Way to rock these COB LEDS.
I just got another 200W COB so now got 400W of COB and plants loving it.
Have a good summer, Happy growing as always! ULMW

Koondense

Veteran
Nice to see you here guys,
orfeas, I mostly agree about bud rot but I cleaned the bud sufficiently to prevent further spreading. Also all other colas show zero signs of similar problems.
Outdoors it's another story, when it rot comes it can spread very quick.
I checked again today and the situation is under control. So far.

ULMW, good to hear of your upgrade, I'm sure the light will be very well loved by the plants ;)

Happy summertime to all my dear friends!

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
One of the last updates

One of the last updates

The cycle is slowly coming to an end,
the girls(especially PCK x Panama) are finishing faster than expected which comes perfectly with vacation times. So I expect to chop all but the Panalawi during this week and probably Panalawi in the weekend. But nothing is sure of course :)
Also spotted some minor bud rot on all three girls(as Orfeas predicted), the temps and everything are quite extreme at this time and my tent can't cope with it for much longer.

So here are some of the last pre-harvest pics.

PCK(green) X Panama Goddess a.k.a. Foxy Lady

picture.php

Panalawi

picture.php

ShackZilla

picture.php

Today I cut a branch of ShackZilla for testing, also a bud from PCK Panama I took off last week is now dry and ready for early smoke testing. The evening is almost here so... :D
Take care and have a great week!

Cheers

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Well spotted brother!

That's principle number one of a good grower, observe and interpret your plants. And act fast...

I think results speak for themselves! :tiphat:

Sticky Sat

Hey Koondense ! :)

Absolutely gorgeous girls my friend !
It was a perfect grow from the start, as all those knowing you knew it would be :)
Unfortunately not much we can do about bud rot or mold and, with global warming picking up speed, i'm afraid it will become a more and more recurring thing... We really need to breed with that in mind now...

A great week to all of you brothers ! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I was wondering myself if they could continue flowering and exploding with more reflowerings and foxtails :D
But guess their time is close .... glad to hear you have holidays on the horizon Koondense ;)

Koondense

Veteran
Hehe, yes the Panalawi still has the will to make new flowers, also the foxtails would go on but the main buds are well done already.
Yesterday I tried a nice joint of PCKxPanama, it was dried 4 days inside the tent.
This is some super nice smoke, tastes lightly hashy with lemon, earth, moss and spicy notes. The effect is mostly heady and can go deep, lasts for three hours already.
So it's different from much of what I've been smoking lately and stays longer in my system, the only downside for my tastes is it makes me a bit lazy :)

Writing about it makes me want to fill the vape and try the full taste. This will be delicious ;)

Cheers