What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Day 14 flower ace tropical mix unknown strain

Kaskadian

Veteran
Can i ask about your floweting times? Is that from first day of 12/12 light change or from first sign of bud growth?

Hey brother, I hope you & Dubi don't mind me answering this question but I literally just asked Dubi this question yesterday. :tiphat:

dubi said:
The flowering times stated in our official strain descriptions are somewhat inbetween since the change of photoperiod and the appearance of the first signs of flowering .... i know each grower counts it in a different way so an average between both extremes would be a good reference for most of them.

jonhova

Thanks for answering that question you are always welcome to chime in as is anyone :tiphat:

So the product page for OE says 8-10 weeks. This sunday is going to be day 49 of 12/12. Not long to go i guess.

Looking forward to see how this will fill out

Last edited:

jonhova

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Got the ph issues worked out. I notice bottom leaves arent dying. the tips keep burning and twisting. I dont really want to go lower on the nutes this run.

Feeding 4 grams of maxibloom per gallon.

Lowered the lights to 10/14 from 11/13.

Maple_Flail

Got the ph issues worked out. I notice bottom leaves arent dying. the tips keep burning and twisting. I dont really want to go lower on the nutes this run.

eh, that is still pretty hot for these plants.

I'd recommend knocking it down atleast to recommended dose of .75tsp pre gal (bout 3g granular). Personally I'd go down to 2 grams and augment with other things that won't pump up the N too much.

I do notice the color coming back to normal, good job on wrangling that ph issue.

Kaskadian

Veteran
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Jon, I think you'll have no issues going lower in nutrients. If you look at my current grow I'm running them on 1/2 tsp (3-3,5g) of maxibloom. When I was keeping my large "clones" in the bubbler I was giving them 1/4 tsp (1,75-2g) without any issues. If you have the ph dialed in I say dial them back a bit on nutrients a little bit and see how they respond.

I've flushed out my two faster plants and they're getting tap water now until chop, but even 12-13 weeks into flower they were doing fine with 3-3,5g of maxibloom.

Cheers brother! :tiphat:

jonhova

Hey Kaskadian, i always think about kaskade when i see your name. Before making mainstream crap he had a collab with deadmau5 i liked a lot called “i remember”. Back when P.L.U.R. existed, if you ran with that scene in 2008.

I’m still getting white hairs so i know I'm in this for a long flowering vietnam black pheno orient express as dubi stated. Over the past couple weeks i have really grown an appreciation for this beautiful plant. This plant is hardy and resolute despite my abuse! If only my normal houseplants faired so well hahahahah.

Wow 3 grams. Man that’s crazy that sativas need so little nitrogen to function. I’m glad you mentioned that. Most people blast 7 grams per gallon!

I’m glad you mentioned nutes by gram measurement instead of EC. If i have to check EC or TDS i’ll straight up quit growing. Too much work for K.I.S.S. if you get me. Already enough with ph down and measuring out the MB lol.

I’ll go abead and try 3 grams and see how she does next watering.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hey Kaskadian, i always think about kaskade when i see your name. Before making mainstream crap he had a collab with deadmau5 i liked a lot called “i remember”. Back when P.L.U.R. existed, if you ran with that scene in 2008.

I’m still getting white hairs so i know I'm in this for a long flowering vietnam black pheno orient express as dubi stated. Over the past couple weeks i have really grown an appreciation for this beautiful plant. This plant is hardy and resolute despite my abuse! If only my normal houseplants faired so well hahahahah.

Wow 3 grams. Man that’s crazy that sativas need so little nitrogen to function. I’m glad you mentioned that. Most people blast 7 grams per gallon!

I’m glad you mentioned nutes by gram measurement instead of EC. If i have to check EC or TDS i’ll straight up quit growing. Too much work for K.I.S.S. if you get me. Already enough with ph down and measuring out the MB lol.

I’ll go abead and try 3 grams and see how she does next watering.

I actually liked Kaskade's old stuff man! I grew up on older Daft Punk, Benny Benassi, Tiesto, Alex C, and a lot of that stuff. My nickname is actually just "cascadian" and I was to lazy to be more creative than spelling it with a K! :laughing:

Don't be so hard on yourself man. You're not abusing these plants. Sativas are very sensitive and the level of sensitivity & nutrient requirements differ from strain to strain even among tropical sativas. You'll have an excellent grow I'm sure!

I check ec/ph about once a week just out of habit. That being said I know that if I take 1/2 tsp of Maxibloom dump it into a gallon of water and add 2.5ml of ph down I get between 5.6-5.8 ph. Naturally this varies depending on your individual water source but if you know what your mixed ph is you don't need to worry about checking every single day. Just some food for thought my friend... I've never exceeded 400ppms on these sativas. I think if you subtract my water's PH I'm sitting around 320 ppms through the entire flower. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to measurements since I know what my numbers are going to be. You mix up nutrients daily for 4-5 months and it becomes damn near muscle memory. :D

Give the lower dosage a try and lets see what happens. If you're still running into issues then maybe it's time to consider looking into your PH closer. :tiphat:

jonhova

Oh boy, she is putting on weight like a fatty on thanksgiving. Everything is looking good and even some small branches i didnt think much of are putting on weight nicely :rasta:

Thank you to the community here for helping me out on my first grow

jonhova

Day 70 flower

Day 70 flower

This one is fattening up. I notice bad tacoing. Is that nute or ph related? Very branchy. Double the volume of leaf mass and triple the mass of buds for sure. Pistils are turning brown and looks to finish soon i think. Baby leaves near the tops of the colas look sad and wilted. Resin is starting to cover a lot of sugar leaves and buds. Every leaf tip looks burned from using slightly too high ph weeks back.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

jonhova

Day 70 flower

Day 70 flower

This pheno has some differences to it’s sister(?)

Very light green color. Airy buds. Not as branchy. Im wondering if im underfeeding it? Ive been going at 3 grams per gallon of water. Hmm maybe my water is low in tds? No tacoing at all.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Kaskadian

Veteran
Ok brudduh, if you can provide some info for us we can try to figure this one out. There is definitely some kind of stress going on with these plants. Let's get this one sorted.

PH?

Runoff PH?

Temps?

PPM?

EC?

Are the roots being allowed to dry out occasionally or are they sitting in water? Have you scoped for any pests? You've lowered your nutrient levels down pretty far so we need to start looking at the other factors involved.

jonhova

Ph is bright neon yellow with the dropper kit going in should be 6.0. Going out i haven't ever tested. I’ll do that tomorrow.
Temps are 80 F / 67% humidity in the cab. I can check the ppm/ec tonight. Just gotta find my tds doo hickey

I leave enough phed nute water that in 24 hours it gets evaporated completely. No bugs that i can find upon inspection.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Ph is bright neon yellow with the dropper kit going in should be 6.0. Going out i haven't ever tested. I’ll do that tomorrow.
Temps are 80 F / 67% humidity in the cab. I can check the ppm/ec tonight. Just gotta find my tds doo hickey

I leave enough phed nute water that in 24 hours it gets evaporated completely. No bugs that i can find upon inspection.

Temps are fine, PH going in is okay but I'd try to drop it down a little bit (I usually aim for 5.6-5.8); I've had 6.0 going in come out 6.3+; I think a range is good so +/- 5.5-6.0 can be beneficial to the plants, no pests is excellent news.

I'm interested in seeing the PPM/EC. Your nutrient levels are lower which is good but you may need to reduce further if necessary. If we find the PPM/EC a bit high you may consider flushing the medium and reintroducing fresh lower nutrients. I'd consider waiting for someone with more experience to comment on that one though.

My first thoughts just at a glance would be nitrogen toxicity but with the lowered nutrients I'm starting to lean towards some kind of PH imbalance.