What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis strains for insomnia?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Hi there I suffer badly from insomnia.i was on leafly looking for strains for insomnia here is a few that I found

Tahoe of
Purple lush
Pre 98 bubba lush
True of
Afghan
Zombie kush
Superbud
King Louis civil

Hope you find something I am going to run 4 strains and see if I can find an insomnia killer

Sorry to hear about your insomnia. It truly sucks. I've heard most afghanis are really good for it. By any chance have you had any experience with Northern Lights? I know it's an oldschool strain but when I used to be able to buy it, it was helpful as well as the many Blueberry variants going around the area at the time.

Gizmo

you're welcome JustSomeTomatoes, what did you grow outdoor ? shark shock and NORDLE are both indica dominant strain yes and they are both ready to harvest in september to early october, shark shock seems a bit earlier than NORDLE and less sensitive to mold, its the two strains Shantibaba advised me to grow outdoor and im close to 47°N.

JustSumTomatoes

you're welcome JustSomeTomatoes, what did you grow outdoor ? shark shock and NORDLE are both indica dominant strain yes and they are both ready to harvest in september to early october, shark shock seems a bit earlier than NORDLE and less sensitive to mold, its the two strains Shantibaba advised me to grow outdoor and im close to 47°N.

It was just some bag seed that I had saved that had been grown by some of the Amish in the area. No clue to what the genetics were, but the plants were tall with wide indica leaves and reeked of diesel. Have some Peak Seeds BC Northern lights I was going to plant this year but didn't get around to it. I know NL is a popular medical strain that's been around for a minute and does well in outdoor climates in the north.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have bad insomnia the best strains that helped me were afghans and Herijuana, get a deep chunk/hybrid and you will struggle to keep your eyes open.
PM me when you hit 50 post!

Also possibly look into sweet seeds SAD fast version might be a good way to go.

Last edited:

Gizmo

It was just some bag seed that I had saved that had been grown by some of the Amish in the area. No clue to what the genetics were, but the plants were tall with wide indica leaves and reeked of diesel. Have some Peak Seeds BC Northern lights I was going to plant this year but didn't get around to it. I know NL is a popular medical strain that's been around for a minute and does well in outdoor climates in the north.

at the risk to promote mr nice seedbank again lol mr nice seeds have a strain named Ortega who is pure Northern light and is one or the one ultimate strain for sleeping on the mr nice catalog, growing it outdoor i cant tell because the breeder advised me the shark and NORDLE as i said for quality outdoor buds for my latitude but for indoor growing Ortega is on my list of strains for sleep disorder along with NORDLE, shark shock and medecine man.

Is this the BD from Sensi everyone is talking about?

forget all about sensi seeds, any grower should really avoid this company, mr nice seeds has all the building blocks strains available on the sensiseeds catalog at much better price/breeding and germination rate. sensiseeds is only for people who want souvenir seeds IMO lol like for building a enlighten showcase/window in your lounge and show it to your friends like "yes my friend here are my black domina seeds in original pack, you can look at it" lol

according to research (and somewhat my personal experience) high cbd doesnt seem to put people down but keep them active
old afghanis (that old forest smell) kush and sensi star worked somewhat
had good experience with moby dick (not my grow so cant say too much) and amnesia (keeps me tru the night as long as i get some sleep)
but the best overal sleepy came from blueberry
nl crosses did nothing but its too skunky for my taste anyway

JustSumTomatoes

I have bad insomnia the best strains that helped me were afghans and Herijuana, get a deep chunk/hybrid and you will struggle to keep your eyes open.
PM me when you hit 50 post!

Also possibly look into sweet seeds SAD fast version might be a good way to go.

Thanks. Will do.

JustSumTomatoes

at the risk to promote mr nice seedbank again lol mr nice seeds have a strain named Ortega who is pure Northern light and is one or the one ultimate strain for sleeping on the mr nice catalog, growing it outdoor i cant tell because the breeder advised me the shark and NORDLE as i said for quality outdoor buds for my latitude but for indoor growing Ortega is on my list of strains for sleep disorder along with NORDLE, shark shock and medecine man.

forget all about sensi seeds, any grower should really avoid this company, mr nice seeds has all the building blocks strains available on the sensiseeds catalog at much better price/breeding and germination rate. sensiseeds is only for people who want souvenir seeds IMO lol like for building a enlighten showcase/window in your lounge and show it to your friends like "yes my friend here are my black domina seeds in original pack, you can look at it" lol

I've heard about Ortega and know Dutch Passion also produces it. Seems like a lot of genetics floating around originated from several fundamental breeders and everyone is doing their own take on it. Some are good, some are not.

Gizmo

I've heard about Ortega and know Dutch Passion also produces it. Seems like a lot of genetics floating around originated from several fundamental breeders and everyone is doing their own take on it. Some are good, some are not.

well dutch passion is another company i will not put my money in, Ortega was bred by Nevil Schoenmakers (the ex partner of Shantibaba) with genetics given to him by a man named Jim Ortega.
good luck to you man.

JustSumTomatoes

I know a lot of people are against them but are there any good autos for insomnia? It would be nice to have an early harvest before the main crop is done.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have not looked into it consider magnesium supplements. I take the CALM brand of magnesium about every day. It helps a lot, daytime stress too.