What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Over water or hungry slow growth

Jwow530

Been veg my plants indoor it was growing nice and it was in 707 soil and it got to 3 feet tall and I transplanted it outside in the ground in happy frog soil and 2 in 100 gallon pot and I think I had been over watering and the plants are kinda light green and grow like 2" since 2 weeks ago outside and feed it with maxsea 1tsp Sunday and didn't see any difference can this be over watering that's causing slow grow or they just hungry the roots are growing too but not that's fast oh yea I give them recharge and superthrive to help when I transplanted it here a pic doesn't show any signs anything beside kinda light greens the whole plant

Attachments

• IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 11

Rastak'

Just a tip for you. If you want answers, be careful how you write. Add some spaces and
punctuations in your text is better and easier to read !!

I don't see anything on the pics that shows something is wrong. Maybe you have to wait a little, the time they adapt to their new environment.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
When you transplanted what size containers did the plants come out of?

How much water did you give them after transplanting?

I give them about 5% of the container size of water when transplanting into large containers.
5 gallons for 100 gallon pot first watering, pour slow and let it soak into the new soil good around the root bulb.

How often are you watering and how much water are you giving them?

Once they are growing pretty good in the new 100g pot i start watering 10% of container size in water about once every 5-7 days. So 10 gallons water for 100 gallon pot. As they start drying out faster around 3 days between waterings, ill begin watering daily with varying amounts of water depending on heat.

Like Rastak' said they need time to adjust to being outside.
Ive read that younger seedlings and clones transition easier from inside to outside, because they havent had a chance to get "comfortable" in a (relatively) consistent environment. If the weather and day/night temps have been fairly inconsistent it will make the transition take longer as well.

Once we have your watering habits we will have an idea if overwatering, typically causes leaves to droop.

Rastak'

Ive read that younger seedlings and clones transition easier from inside to outside, because they havent had a chance to get "comfortable" in a (relatively) consistent environment. If the weather and day/night temps have been fairly inconsistent it will make the transition take longer as well.

+1

MedResearcher

Veteran
My guess is shock and water issues.

707 is a very airy soil, while Happy Frog is the opposite. So besides the normal transplant and indoor to outdoor shock you most likely have some irrigation issues going on.

A root bound plant grown in airy soil getting put into a heavy wet soil, going to have to transition the roots into the new soil while not over watering, and also not letting the roots get to dry.

Easier to transition a smaller plant, less shock. Also better to try to use somewhat similar soil on the starts compared to the final home. Especially if they will be in the starter pots for quite a while.

You didn't mention if you amended or added anything to the happy frog. By itself I think Happy Frog is to dense. I like a dense soil but "Heavy Frog" can use a little aeration and amendments imo. 1 bag Happy, 1 bag worm, 1 bag coco, half a bag perlite, is about what I use when I do use it. I also add some blood, bone, lime, kelp, azomite, and a little guano.

Hopefully the plant will adjust, they usually do.

Gl,
Mr^^

Latest posts

Latest posts