What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Latitude 59, Organic grow. Passion for life!!

gorilla ganja

Everything is going strong Golli. Hopefully you can sex those plants before they overgrow that greenhouse. Looks like an excellent start this year.

Peace GG

Golli

Everything is going strong Golli. Hopefully you can sex those plants before they overgrow that greenhouse. Looks like an excellent start this year.

Peace GG

Hell yes what a start this session:laughing: Just started some seeds from you (11 days ago). Gonna put 100 ish in the ground today:tiphat: Looking forroward try those genetic out. Seeds looks outstanding quality and mostly of them popped within 2-3 days. Might be that I fire up more of those seeds if they develovop nice true the next month. (smell/structure and so on)

Golli

Golli

Your plants look great :D
I would like to ask,how deep you dig in and amend your beds?

Not so deep. Only 5-10 cm and I have wet at this swamp. Dolmio lime 1 month before I put annything there so the PH can adjust. Cocco is a verry nice tool for swamp growing. Like 50% cocco will make it verry easy. 10-20%compost. Depends on size on container/plants. IF growing organic thoe :p

Personaly I would never consider growing with annything else than Organic stuff. It`s not always been like this becous lack of knowlage when I first started growing. But now I know better and also verry nice challenge to grow Organic. Making compost, making compost tea see the effect of adjusting plants. Makes this so amazing to have as a hobby. K back to work here.....

Golli

NemanHarpoon

Not so deep. Only 5-10 cm and I have wet at this swamp. Dolmio lime 1 month before I put annything there so the PH can adjust. Cocco is a verry nice tool for swamp growing. Like 50% cocco will make it verry easy. 10-20%compost. Depends on size on container/plants. IF growing organic thoe :p

Personaly I would never consider growing with annything else than Organic stuff. It`s not always been like this becous lack of knowlage when I first started growing. But now I know better and also verry nice challenge to grow Organic. Making compost, making compost tea see the effect of adjusting plants. Makes this so amazing to have as a hobby. K back to work here.....

Golli

:D I will try to make a shallow bed as an experiment. Last year I tried to dig some 30-50cm deep holes, but with heavy clay,rain,and some mini shovel I just gave up. those seedling that were transplanted into the holes didn't survived (deer and slugs had a party)and being guerilla style grow after 45 minutes of me being there amending the soil the spot looked like wild boars have been wrestling there :biggrin: ... well it didn't looked "so guerilla style" after my first visit. Oh well you live,you learn. Good Luck to you!

Golli

:D I will try to make a shallow bed as an experiment. Last year I tried to dig some 30-50cm deep holes, but with heavy clay,rain,and some mini shovel I just gave up. those seedling that were transplanted into the holes didn't survived (deer and slugs had a party)and being guerilla style grow after 45 minutes of me being there amending the soil the spot looked like wild boars have been wrestling there :biggrin: ... well it didn't looked "so guerilla style" after my first visit. Oh well you live,you learn. Good Luck to you!

True after ameded you will see someone have been there. But only until next rain :p YOu can also use chicken wires to protect agains deer/birds and so on. I have those capercaillie birds that seems to like my swamps tubes. But as loong as I protect with chicken wire they go someone else to dig in the sun :p

Golli

This is for you Gorilla Ganja. I tryout all seeds. 1-5. Gonna show you progress true the session:
1exYg17.jpg

(Iaxsws) x Maverick. To bad this strain have some pre hermies in it. It is comming from the IA x sws since I have not seen anny other hermies in anny other maverick
crosses yet. This is a beutifull Purple pistil pheno. Hopefully it will stay 100% feamale. Gonna wach this plant:
Hcl6WFo.jpg

My fastes flowering plant this session. (haze99)xGG#3 F2. To my supprise I found 3 self rooted plants in early may. So I tok care of them and smell tells me it is h99xgg#3
+ that they popped right under where I made F2 of that strain last year. (Smell heavy citrus):
yE6LyNw.jpg

Maverick Progress:
Bs3CgbC.jpg

Other than that I am sorting males/feamales everyday. Transplantig plants out in the nature everyday now. So motivating to see
plants getting out. I know alot of people want to avoid males, but for me I think it is verry nice with Males to give me even
more insight into each strain. Makes it more easy to pick ou what Phenoes I am after :p

I wish you all a wonderfull time wherever you are!

Shantipeaceout Golli

/Tron

I'm excited for your year ahead. Im sure there will be updates on that pink hair pheno expressing

Peace Golli, Love the garden, Love the enthusiasm & passion to spread positivity
Be well

Golli

I'm excited for your year ahead. Im sure there will be updates on that pink hair pheno expressing

Peace Golli, Love the garden, Love the enthusiasm & passion to spread positivity
Be well

Thanks Trond!!! I am not gonna let you down :woohoo: Weeeee!!!!

Golli

Was out transplanting plants yeasterday. Verry happy about the day and was really wasted in the body after this session :p
Gonna be interresting to see how the plants develevop now true the summer? I hope it will be some sun verry soon? only 14-15 c maks at day temps here now.

This is how I am transplanting plants. 10 plants ish at the time:
zNaibUW.jpg

UEL lemon x Auto Fire99 Fem 8 plants. This is for you Arnold:
x1CpHkQ.jpg

Golli goes swamptubes. 19/37 have been planted:
M58vJ0H.jpg

I hope within 1 week that I can transplant the rest of the plants out. It is verry verry close to see sex on the last plants. Always some plants little later than other :p

I wish you all a wounderfull day today!!! weeeee!!!!! :)

Golli

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woah! Subscribed, subscribed. Excellent work my friend! This will be exciting not only to watch the patches grow, but I can't wait to see how the strains do! Keep it up! You're a hard worker! Nurseryman! Enjoying the great pictures. Thanks for sharing! Have a good one, Golli!

How will you dry the crop? Indoors or out?

Golli

Woah! Subscribed, subscribed. Excellent work my friend! This will be exciting not only to watch the patches grow, but I can't wait to see how the strains do! Keep it up! You're a hard worker! Nurseryman! Enjoying the great pictures. Thanks for sharing! Have a good one, Golli!

How will you dry the crop? Indoors or out?

It is a plessure to be here try to motivate a littlebit :p
I was thinking dry it indoors to get the best quality going on.
Also I am going to make hash true the winter so I need to get it absolutley dry to get the ression to drop like candy :p

Golli

gorilla ganja

I really like the swamp tubes. I've only tried the swamp once last year and got drowned out by crazy rain. But I think it has the best potential if set up right. What is the recipe you use for your swamp tubes? All organic right?

I also like the sticks around the plants in the 1 pic. Would keep rabbits out and maybe even deer if enough are used.
Peace GG

Golli

Gorilla Ganja: I think you need to find the right type of swamp. A place where it not get to much or nothing at all. This place I grow it is verry stabile even if it rain hell alot becouse all swamp/watersystem is connected and flow slowly down in small tiny "rivers". You should possible have alot of same oprtunities if you search a little...??? I will only grow more and more in the swamps. After done all the work you only need to top feed true the session, and looks to bee more easy to get really tasty and flushed weed in the swamp aswell that I really like ^^

All Organic ofcourse. I even use for my first time in life my own produced compost. I hope some good microbes will come out of it?? :)
Picture 1: yes. I have some trubble with blackcock. They like that me is using cocco in my mix. Gets warm so they can dig and have party. So I was think a little wood can ruin there party. ALso last year had a animal digging in alot of spots same area. I actally started using alot more woods in general. Half rotten woods in buttom of every spot. ( Lots of free mycorizia!!!) Over and under. heheheh + mulch.

Did a little selection on some more males today. I am down to 2 Maverick Males. Mostly same smells, but little different pheno look. But those should be good. Been smelling with some good nose people and all agree :pimp
It is actally alot of good males, from the (Jack#1x Orginal Haze) #3 x Maverick Males it was verry hard to select. I have been working with the males for awhile now, but first when you start with them it is so hard becouse so much crazy smells.
So what direction to go???? hehehe After weeks of smelling I am down to 1 that really shines true!!!! It is special and reminds me about the mother. And it is what I am after!!!!!!!

A Auto CBD Haze x Sour wonder skunk male that really smell kushy. I was not suppose to keep anny, but after discover those amazig aromas it have to be something with it.

Auto Affie x (bb x GG#3) Looks like I have some Fuly affie smelling phenoes. Selected 25-30 down to 6 cantidates. Gonna let them develevop, smell more, and select out more of them. IF i am lucky I migh use 2-3. Atleast 1 but actally hoping for use more males in this F2. The best males I wanna use in crosses aswell.

More to come in the next days :Tiphat:

Golli

gorilla ganja

Gorilla Ganja: I think you need to find the right type of swamp. A place where it not get to much or nothing at all. This place I grow it is verry stabile even if it rain hell alot becouse all swamp/watersystem is connected and flow slowly down in small tiny "rivers".
Golli

Yes this is true. The spot I tried last year was an abandoned old beaver dam area. It was perfect most of the summer, With a small pound and the water would flow through a opening in the dam. But with heavy rains the area would flood and take a week or so to drain back to a good water level. Like you said a true swamp is usually a large level area that can hold a lot of water without changing water levels that much.
I have some places in mind, but won't get to them this year.

Do you pick males strictly on smell?

Remind me what the BB is in Auto Affie x (bb x GG#3)

Cheers GG

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The swamp does the best. Steady water, steady growth. Usually pretty good soil in my experience. Every site is different. I had to dig a trench a couple years ago. Mounding and remounding loosened topsoil does well. Still at the mercy of mother nature. Had a few die that year from drowning! :smoke:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gorilla ganja

Ya I remember watching you have water problems as well pipeline. But you managed to save them. Try building swamp tubes or mounds 2-3 ft above the swamp and watch what happens.
Or even quick and easy grow bags worked for me until the flooding. Put a few of those in the muck and fill with 70 percent cocco or peat based mix and 30 percent native soil, a hand full of slow release fertilizer and a handful or 2 of lime.
Set and forget it till harvest.

picture.php

Golli that pic is the J-kush that you have a few of. Very vigorous plants.

Peace GG

Golli

Nice pictures Pipeline. Drenage could really be a lifesaver. IF you might think to much water can be a problem it should be possible to build the swamp tube a little higher up from the grounds? The roots will connect to the swamp shorty annyway :p JUst a little more work.

Nice picture of those J-kush Gorilla. Did they get really finnish for you? When did you start them? Put them out? Did you test any males? My males did go stright into flower. Not sure if it reacts on root restriction becouse I had them going on 24H light when they seemed to start flower?
I have 3 feamales that looks to be in the begginig of flower now?
About the AA x (BBxGG#3)= Auto Affie x (Bluebonic x Gorilla gold#3) Really high expertation from this strain :p

When I do breeding First prio is the smell. Personaly belive the Effect is connected with the taste/flavors. ALso since I have been lucky to grow all the elite cuts from ICmag last 10 years I notice all elite cuts have really special stam rubbing to them.
Then resistans to weather, structure, and so on. So yes verry important with nice flavors for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

The J-kush was a late plant for me. They were about 2 weeks old in solo cups when I put them out beginning of July. That could be the reason some hermied on me.They were pretty young when they began to flower. Or it could have been stress, I can be very rough on plants. The ones in the ground hermied on me the ones transplanted into grow bags were doing great. But no, I did not finish them they were flooded out.

Just wanted to post a couple pics to show what a little soil help can do.
These are the J-Kush planted same day from solo cups.
Some into a pot about 60% cocco and 40% native dirt with fertilizer, the others planted directly into ground with no amendments.

The pics are 2 weeks later.
picture.php
picture.php

Hard to believe they are the same strain, same age.Pics tell the story that a little work can go a long way.

Peace GG

Latest posts

Latest posts