What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sucks fiddy
it seems like its one thing after another right now, butmaybe its better that it happen when everything is already taken down
plus like you said, if the tents were up they would be sitting in dirty water
how long before you have confidence in your plumbing again?
i think onion powder and garlic powder are the foundation of a solid dry rub
i ussually start wiht those two, plus a little salt and a lot of pepper
then depending on the flavor im looking for i like to add a couple other spices
i agree that its better to go light on the rub/ sauces and let the flavor of the meat and smoke take center stage

a couple dos equis sound like a great way to start the day
hope your steaks turn out just like you like them,bud
sounds like your son knows his stuff!

the weeeknd is in full swing and i hope everyone is having a great time!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends and jungle tribe.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and your weeks off to a good start. I spent the weekend doing a variety of things but put a lot of time into some serious basement cleaning. Lots of bleaching and scrubbing. I'm happy to say that the grow area will be cleaner than it's ever been before and much better organized. I still have a lot to do there but I'm hoping to be ready to set tents up by the weekend. Fingers crossed that there are no more problems with the plumbing.

@Packerfan. I hope the paper writing went well. Sounds like you will have your hands full this fall. The brisket was delicious. Sewer and drain work didn't cost much money just a lot of time and hard work. I hope your ribeyes were delicious.

@Badfishy. Glad to here that your AC is working and sounds like you guys are getting things cleaned up down there. I've had to use the AC here last few days we had some temps in the upper 80's and more hot weather predicated all this week too. I'm not going to complain about a couple bonus weeks of summer.

@pop_rocks. Your right it was better that there were delays and the tents weren't up. I would have had to replace them and it would have made the cleanup even more difficult. Plus I had plumbers in to snake the pipe and would have had to hide them before calling in the service. I'm just trying to be zen about this and figure it happened for a reason. As long as there arnt more issues it will be better in the long run to have cleaned and organized so much. The brisket was great with the onion and garlic. You are right they are great aromatics that lend a lot to a rub. How were your steaks and chicken?

So I guess the packers didn't look great on Sunday. It seemed like the Falcons could move the ball at will when they wanted to. The GB offense couldn't get much going. I spent the day cooking a brisket and had a lot of drinks in me by game time. I started off with a 14 pound brisket. I trimmed it up but left a nice fat cap on the bottom (I cook fat side down). I also made some pit beans which I used dried pinto beans and a can of black beans. I like to cook the beans in the BBQ under the brisket so it gets all the good flavor of the drippings in it.

I gave it about 6 hours on the smoker at 275 before pulling it and wrapping it with foil to finish for about another 3 hours or so. I give it a long rest in the oven or a cooler after cooking so it cools slowly and the juices redistribute.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Fiddynuts , our packers didn't look so great. I got some work done on the paper still have a ways to go. Got the shed bleached Sunday, hoping to have the small room up and running by Sunday. Going to cut clones for the big room in a week or so. Wating for my mendobreath to get a little bigger. Had a good weekend overall. Spent 300 bucks on nutes and ventilation stuff for the shed. Cut clones off the seed plants to sex them. Should know in a week or so. hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddynuts , our packers didn't look so great. I got some work done on the paper still have a ways to go. Got the shed bleached Sunday, hoping to have the small room up and running by Sunday. Going to cut clones for the big room in a week or so. Wating for my mendobreath to get a little bigger. Had a good weekend overall. Spent 300 bucks on nutes and ventilation stuff for the shed. Cut clones off the seed plants to sex them. Should know in a week or so. hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend
Good afternoon Packerfan.

Yep like you said, just didn't look good. Not a lot of energy or sharpness. Some crap calls and a lot of guys out. No excuses just got to clean it up and play better from here out.

Sounds like you got a lot done last weekend. It's always good to be close to ready to go. I hope your clones root fast for you.

Fiddynut

Hope all are well. Sorry to hijack thread fiddy, but 8lb 7oz Ava Rain born at 912
Good afternoon Badfishy.

Congratulations buddy. I hope she is a healthy and happy baby. 8-1/2 pounds sounds big for a baby but I wouldn't really know. Take good care of her and mom.
No need to worry about hijacking thread feel free to post whatever you like...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good afternoon Packerfan.

Yep like you said, just didn't look good. Not a lot of energy or sharpness. Some crap calls and a lot of guys out. No excuses just got to clean it up and play better from here out.

Sounds like you got a lot done last weekend. It's always good to be close to ready to go. I hope your clones root fast for you.

I am with you fiddynuts, packers need to get it together.

The clones are only for sexing. They will get tossed most likely.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is awesome badfishy!
congratulations on the newest member of the family
/heres wishing her a lifetime of happiness and adventures

that is some great looking meat there fiddy!
nice smoke ring and it looks like it is full of that beefy flavor
great idea putting the beans under the brisket to capture some of that juicy goodness
so you added the dry to the canned beans? no soaking before hand?
yeah tough loss for the packers
the falcons looked really good this weekend and their new stadium is like something straight out of the future!

so my buddy finally sent me the pics form the weekend
/notice the guest appearance in this one too
i asked mrsChicky to join the fun and she said schmoopy is really starting to stink

picture.php

View image in gallery

Badfishy1

that is awesome badfishy!
congratulations on the newest member of the family
/heres wishing her a lifetime of happiness and adventures

that is some great looking meat there fiddy!
nice smoke ring and it looks like it is full of that beefy flavor
great idea putting the beans under the brisket to capture some of that juicy goodness
so you added the dry to the canned beans? no soaking before hand?
yeah tough loss for the packers
the falcons looked really good this weekend and their new stadium is like something straight out of the future!

so my buddy finally sent me the pics form the weekend
/notice the guest appearance in this one too
i asked mrsChicky to join the fun and she said schmoopy is really starting to stink

Thanks Pops n Fiddy! Much appreciated. Now if I could just get power turned back on life could start getting back to normal lol. Pro ball is so weird and unpredictable.

Floridian

Veteran
Yea congrats BadFishy now the fun begins.I am having all sorts of fun this morning at the DMV trying to get my license back,I've been waiting for my insurance company to fax them some state forms proving I have SR 44 insurance,I guess the cards and paperwork describing my insurance totally isn't enough for these numbnuts,It has to be this specific form.Im either walking out of here with a valid Fla license or a lifetime revocation,those are the only two options.He spent a good five minutes on the puter before and didn't say anything about my out of state DUI,s,a hopeful sign for sure.My lawyer told me to be mentally prepared though,that they have far reaching tentacles so to say.I can hardly believe this may be coming to an end!I will have to carry FR 44 for three years from Jan though,I can't believe this shit may finally be coming to a close.I should know for sure within the hour!!

Badfishy1

Yea congrats BadFishy now the fun begins.I am having all sorts of fun this morning at the DMV trying to get my license back,I've been waiting for my insurance company to fax them some state forms proving I have SR 44 insurance,I guess the cards and paperwork describing my insurance totally isn't enough for these numbnuts,It has to be this specific form.Im either walking out of here with a valid Fla license or a lifetime revocation,those are the only two options.He spent a good five minutes on the puter before and didn't say anything about my out of state DUI,s,a hopeful sign for sure.My lawyer told me to be mentally prepared though,that they have far reaching tentacles so to say.I can hardly believe this may be coming to an end!I will have to carry FR 44 for three years from Jan though,I can't believe this shit may finally be coming to a close.I should know for sure within the hour!!

Good luck my man

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so how did it go, floridian?
sometimes you just gotta play the mans games
thats tough about the sr44 insurance, but its part of the price you have to pay

hoping for the best brother!

Floridian

Veteran
I got my license back!!Man I'm too relieved for words.Now it's time to do some shopping for some wheels.I have a CarMax within walking distance I think I'll go check them out.I've got three guys running around here today and tomorrow putting in central heat and air,11,200 bucks but I need everything it never had a central unit so I need ducting and everything else.Man this shit is all over,I got my termination of probation papers in the mail a couple days ago,everything is falling into place.Man I learned my lesson and that's no shit,I had no business driving around high on Xanax,I'd like to think I was smarter than that,maybe I wasn't but I damn sure am now!Now I get to see how much insuring a vehicle is going to cost me.To just get named owner insurance which I had to get to get my license back was 1150 every six months,I'm sure it'll go up a lot more when I go to insure a vehicle.Everything couldn't have turned out better,I'd like to think my mom is watching all this sharing my joy

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Good morning friends.

I've been super busy this week at work and at home. I feel like I'm neglecting this thread a little and I hope to have more time soon.

@pop_rocks Schmoopy is looking nice. I love the guest appearance and cheers. That pic shows how big that plant is really well. Glad you are all having fun with it. The brisket was tasty. The dried beans were soaked in chicken broth overnight then before cooking I added onions, bacon, brisket trimmings, can of black beans ect. I had to keep adding water to them as they cooked and after a few hours they were great. Your right Falcons looked great, packers have work to do if they want to beat them.

@Floridian I feel your pain brother. I've spent whole days at the dmv trying to get something done on many occasions. It seems like if you aren't there for a routine renewal it's always like they move in slow motion. I hope things are sorted and you are out getting reacquainted with the roads.

The plants are growing quickly now. They are getting bushy as well. Ive noticed a little pale striping on the leaves and thought mag deficiency and gave cal/mag with last watering. I haven't done a great job with these plants so far. Their environment isn't the best either. It's not much fun trying to grow in a closet when I've been use to tents with plenty of ventilation in a basement with a great temp for growing and work benches with plenty of space for watering and such. I guess these are what they call first world problems.

Badfishy1

@floridian congrats m8

@ the rest of the jungle m8s. Promise this is last post on topic but taking the baby n mama home right now woop!

Fiddynut

I got my license back!!Man I'm too relieved for words.Now it's time to do some shopping for some wheels.I have a CarMax within walking distance I think I'll go check them out.I've got three guys running around here today and tomorrow putting in central heat and air,11,200 bucks but I need everything it never had a central unit so I need ducting and everything else.Man this shit is all over,I got my termination of probation papers in the mail a couple days ago,everything is falling into place.Man I learned my lesson and that's no shit,I had no business driving around high on Xanax,I'd like to think I was smarter than that,maybe I wasn't but I damn sure am now!Now I get to see how much insuring a vehicle is going to cost me.To just get named owner insurance which I had to get to get my license back was 1150 every six months,I'm sure it'll go up a lot more when I go to insure a vehicle.Everything couldn't have turned out better,I'd like to think my mom is watching all this sharing my joy
Good afternoon Floridian.

I'm stoked for you brother. You've been patient for a long time and it's starting to pay off for you. I wish I had central air. We have had temps in the upper 80's and looks like ne'er 90 for the next couple days. My window rattler is working overtime.
Congratulations on your probation termination as well. It must feel great to be a free man once again.

Fiddynut

@floridian congrats m8

@ the rest of the jungle m8s. Promise this is last post on topic but taking the baby n mama home right now woop!
Good afternoon Badfishy.

It must be nice to be together as a family again after the last couple weeks. Congrats on getting mom and baby home safe and settled in. You got power yet?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
will gladly pour you one fiddy!
just sip em' slow at first, those mixed drinks can pack quite a punch and sneak up on you if you arent careful
/slams back another strong drink
i see how you did your beans now
so you dont change your water several times when you soak?
it sounds great and im def going to be using some brother the next time i make dried beans
talk baout nice plants, that one on the left in the last pic looks dank
great structure and color
you can see how happy they are by the posture of her leafs!
the other one looks taller and may need some bending at some point
do you plan on taking any cuts?

hey fish, while we are all here posting under fiddynuts' thread he has made it clear in the past that the thread isnt just about him
its about all of us
/and anyone else who would like to join in the fun!
there are no derails,friend
we are all here to share grow insights, life lessons and anything else that you want to get off your chest
thanks for letting us share your joy on the enw arrival, this has to be one of the best times of your life

right on floridian
it sounds like it was a tough lesson to learn but you sounds like you are ready to put your life back together
we all make mistakes, just dont let yourself forget all the shit you had to go through to get back on track
i bet your mom is smiling over you right now and she always will be
hope you and the dogs are having a great week

one more day to go and then its finally the weekend
lets finish it off strong

Latest posts

Latest posts