What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow Moon

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

Thank you very much for supporting our work, great selection of genetics:
one hashplant (Snow Moon), one vigorous, tasty, powerful and high yielding sativa/indica hybrid (Malawi x PCK) and 2 nice sativas: Bangi Haze x Ethiopian and Green Haze x Malawi.

Best wishes with them! Hope they cover most traits you are looking for after finishing a grow. :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi GET MO :)

That's great to hear! I think you got the warmest and most gentle side coming from the Orient Express genetics.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Thanks mate for your kind and encouraging words :)

That's what I got now (once I received that last order), pretty much choice now but I want even more :biggrin:

• Bangi Haze (F8)
  • Bangi Haze x Ethiopian (F1)
  • Green Haze x Malawi (F1)
  • Guatemala (P3)
  • Malawi X PCK (F1)
  • Snow Moon (F1)
  • Tikal (F3-F6)
  • Zamaldelica (F3/PH)
  • Zamaldelica (Zamal/Thai pheno)
Not sure about the Guatemala indoor though...

Hi BenoitV1984,

Thank you very much for supporting our work, great selection of genetics:
one hashplant (Snow Moon), one vigorous, tasty, powerful and high yielding sativa/indica hybrid (Malawi x PCK) and 2 nice sativas: Bangi Haze x Ethiopian and Green Haze x Malawi.

Best wishes with them! Hope they cover most traits you are looking for after finishing a grow. :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

Hope you receive your order soon. To comment about personal orders better email us or start a new thread about it so we can keep this thread on topic only about Snow Moon.

Thanks!

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Yep got it last Friday. Thank you for the extra seeds in those 5 packs. I actually don’t think I ever got only 5 seeds in a pack, always got 6 :)

I will sow Snow Moon pretty soon I guess ;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
1 month from germination. Still nothing big enough to make cut and sex it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SM_#01_01.jpg
    SM_#01_01.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 31

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

It's always recommended to grow a few seeds of each regular strain to increase the chances to experience at least 1 female per line.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Yep I know... Should have ran either 2 MxPCK or 2 Snow Moon, but not one of each... Reason I sow only one of each is I didn't want to get several female and then having to keep only one. I still have Guatemala, Bangi Haze, Bangi x Ethiopian. And I want even more (I'm thinking Malawi x Panama, Purple Haze x Malawi, Panama and Violeta on my next order), so I have to plan space for all of those stuff I'm going to sow sooner or later. I'm so greedy when it comes to varieties. Kinda sick of having smoked the same holland crap for at least a decade that I want to taste many many different thing now :)

I'll try both of them later. I sow the 3 last of my Tikal 6 pack. I got already 3 female last time I grew them but couldn't take any cut. I hope to find at least a last one in there. I also started 2 Green Haze x Malawi. One of them didn't take yet, maybe too much humidity, I don't know... I looked gently in the soil, on of the seed envelope broke

BenoitV1984

Veteran
... and I could see the apical and root buds but I couldn't figure out if it was still alive. If it does not get out in a couple days, well, I guess I fucked up on this one.

(Can't edit, was too fast on the submit button)

romanoweed

Now, Black Willie from Reeferman is Vietnam Black x Nepalese x Vietnam Black. Ace's Snow Moon is the same Vietnam Black x China Yunnan (which is Ace's wonderful Orient Express strain) x PCK. I figure the progeny will be heavy on the Vietnam Black influence and this particular female cut was a fem seed with strong sativa structure and very fruity melon like aroma which turns lemony after cure. Dubi tells me that is the Vietnam black pheno of Snow Moon.

I also really dug the Nep Jam I grew last year and so having that Nepalese in the mix should also be wonderful. And there was a sweet female Black Willie also, so I've got pure Black Willie seeds coming in addition to my Black Moon. Last shot is the Black Willie...

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74930&pictureid=1821875" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74930&pictureid=1821874" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74930&pictureid=1821873" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74930&pictureid=1821871" target="_blank">View Image

hey Texas tea: would you mind making a short smokereport on the Black willie? Im very interested how trippy she is!
thanks

romanoweed

I talked with reeferman back in the day about Vietnam Black, and we both selected towards the earlier, high yielding vietnamese pheno with better terpenes, it was by far the best VB pheno to look for.

hi dubi
did i hear that right that your Orient express uses the exact same vietnamblack plant like reeferman used for creating the Willie nelson strain??
thanks, by

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I ended up with a male and a female Black Willie. But the female developed all seed with hardly any bud development. There was literally no smoke. I ended up tossing it all but saved seeds. So no smoke report, sorry...

To make matters worse, after reading some other threads it may be that the source was not legit, so now I don't know what to think.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hi dubi
did i hear that right that your Orient express uses the exact same vietnamblack plant like reeferman used for creating the Willie nelson strain??
thanks, by

Hi romanoweed,

Our Vietnam Black (mother of Orient Express) was selected by me in 2002-2003 from seed. I talked with Charles from ReefermanSeeds a few years later during the Cannabis Cup and he also selected his VB mother from the same pheno, from same stock from anon, the person who originally released Vietnam Black through old CannabisWorld auctions.

We both agreed that the high yielding sativa dominant pheno of pungent terpenes and good resin production was by far the most interesting pheno to look for within original VB genepool, and it was much more sexually stable too. ACE and Reeferman Seeds have never swapped clones, only seeds at the beginning of this century.

EMoose

This ones for you Dubi. Beautiful PCK leaning male. Thanks for the inspiration.

Attachments

• 20181123_224642.jpg
    20181123_224642.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20181127_212728.jpg
    20181127_212728.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 27

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's a lovely Snow Moon male Emoose :)

Obviously, PCK influenced, but looks like he has good amounts of vietnamese sativa influence from the Orient Express too. Hope it produces good offspring. Good luck with him!

EMoose

Thanks Dubi, he was a beautiful smelling stretchy one for sure. I've got him crossed with Lemon Skunk and Gorilla Cookies so far and hope to F2 the Snow Moon some time this summer. Thanks again for the inspiration.

A

arkansas1

I have some snow moon going, from regular seeds. I don't label plants with names, they each get a number, but I am pretty sure this is a snow moon that just turned male.

Attachments

• Photo on 3-12-19 at 3.45 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 3-12-19 at 3.45 PM #3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 35
  • male 2.jpg
    male 2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 40
A

arkansas1

i am looking for a good male, but not sure if this is the one, but here are the qualities:

the plant has been under a veg cycle, 24 hours of light.

it is making pollen sacs.

the stems of the fan leaves are noticeably purple,

the smell from stem rub is not nearly as fragrant as some of the others from the same pack of seeds.

not sure whether to keep it;

A

arkansas1

actually, these plants were in the dark for one day, then back to 24 hrs of light. this may have triggered the male?