What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where did we go wrong ,the cannabis genetic pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tazz11

after 28 years I now know what went wrong and why ....

as the art of growing indoor took over the main genetic pool grew so did the failing qualities and purities in the mass of strain bases ...you are out right not going to believe what is causing it ... it 's crazy we should have seen it way before now ...

I have been studying cold temp growing at 30-51 degrees for around 28 years now . and just in the last few months I noticed some odd growing factors . when I isolated them ,I saw why the genetic pool is failing ,....

its how we our self's are growing in door . the mass of indoor breeding strains has grown out of control as cannabis becomes a river of genetic strain and hybrid crosses . but it still comes back to how we grow and the system we all know works best for cannabis it self ...

as of late I shot a few videos for You tube and was working on one when I noticed these odd data patterns in the growth rates of my monster clones cut in 5 week of late flowering ,I tested both a number of given plants and the given strains over 14# ...C99 in 7th gen the results stopped me in my tracks ... see in cold temps I grow as low as 30 degrees some times my grow hits as low as 0 degrees but my main scale is from 30 -51 degrees and this is my winter scale . I have been using this scale for 28 years ...

the fact is I get great cold temp monster clones ..
this time I found out why ...?

as my plant develops into flowering as most growers cut away the lower growth ,I as a cold temp breeder did not . I left the two lower "insufficient clones "and waited to cut the 2 and 3rd sets when the plant went into flowering to force growth for developing flower sets and cast a full stable gender trait ..

now do you see it ..?

that's what's wrong .. we cut away and throw out the "insufficient clones "

"my test proves those clones are the most viable clones any cannabis plant or strain base can produce..."

what it proves is the best genetics in the plant are kept in those little "insufficient clones "

yes , like a piggy bank the plant keeps a record of its genetic ID in those little clones "..trapped in those "insufficient clones "

i cut a grow , i cut off everything but the two "insufficient clones "
harvested the product and took some cloning gel and covered the end of the stalk .. let the "insufficient clones " reveg plant .. in two weeks i had a full new growth growing twice as fast as the other clones .. do you see it now ... the plant locks its genetic ID in those "insufficient clones ".. the best purities example of its genetic markers are in those "insufficient clones "

in modern growing we cut them away and throw them out .. that's what's wrong with the genetic pool a simple answer a simple solation

i don't have to wait 4 or 5 weeks to re veg a mother that has flowered buds still on it ..
i can take those "insufficient clones " and they will be 5 or 6 inches tall in new growth in 2-3 weeks , if i cut them i have two new nice very healthy clones or i can leave them on the mother root stock and those large root system will feed the new clones faster then any other way could very do it ... i can pinch them at 1 ft high and force lots of clone growth or use that same growth to make a full branching plant again ...

but the facts are now a matter of record . this is what is wrong with the genetic pool ..

you want the best plants you can get ... try it ... ! you can still cut away and force flower develop , never cut those two lower "insufficient clones "!

this is why those two "insufficient clones " never grow like the rest of the plant dose , even the fact the flowering traits are developed at the top of the plant the id genetic code is cast off from the lower branches as they turn yellow and feed the flowering buds as the harvest times comes closer .

the new rule of cannabis ,

" never cut those two lower "insufficient clones " !

the future of cannabis is defined by those "insufficient clones " in any strain base ,in any grow .. that's the true difference between a IBL and a hybrid !

these are the "Cut Away Clones "

grow your strains the way you always do . just don't cut the cut away clones ,leave them and after you harvest seal you stalk and your new cut away clones will take off better then the mother they can from ...

stay safe stay free
Tazz11

Last edited:

Coba

Veteran
This is fascinating. May I add some stuff from the Encyclopedia Britannica?

Meristems are classified by their location in the plant as apical (located at root and shoot tips), lateral (in the vascular and cork cambia), and intercalary (at internodes, or stem regions between the places at which leaves attach, and leaf bases, especially of certain monocotyledons—e.g., grasses). Apical meristems are also known as primary meristems because they give rise to the primary plant body. Lateral meristems are secondary meristems because they are responsible for secondary growth, or increase in stem girth and thickness. Meristems form anew from other cells in injured tissues and are responsible for wound healing.

i'm subbed

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you make this less convoluted & more understandable. There's way to many words there. I think I understand what your trying to convey but it's convoluted by unnecessary repetative information.

Ok... maybe I dont understand.
That last sentence is really corn fusing.

T

tazz11

simple put :

your cannabis plant is storing its genetic markers in those two "insufficient clones ".

if i am correct those two "insufficient clones " cast the ID genetic markers for the given strain base to the rest of the plant as it develops.. see if a grower cuts them off and he is making seeds the seeds will be less stable and gender will be less stable as well .

the seeds made will cast the same qualities as the mother they were made from .. no "insufficient clones " ,no stabilizing factor in the mother ...fact !

what is wrong with the genetic pool ?

gender stabilization ,strain stabilization

think about it this way . what is the first nude created on a plant .. those "insufficient clones " are those first nude .. yet the plant leaves them at the bottom and grows from the top of the plant up .. those are the only nude on the plant that dose that ..

when a seedling develops its purist nude is those "insufficient clones "

the first growth is makes is those "insufficient clones " and they have less reflection of the environment they are in ..

if the top of the plant was ate by a deer the only hope that plant has is those lower harder to get to nudes , the plant keeps is markers safe there un till they are needed .. only when the plant is developing flowers do they start to turn yellow as the buds suck the sap from them ...

if you change your system of growing by leaving those two lower "insufficient clones " and only use them your strains will get stronger and more stable ....as will their gender traits ...

T

tazz11

don't cut the two lower clones .. they are the best breeding stock for that plant !

( "they are effecting the whole rest of the plants life cycle and any seeds or clones made from it ...!" )

T

tazz11

why , this is why !

see the first bushy 8 plants in the front , they C99 in 7th gen

they are also monster clones cut in 5 th week of flowering.

i cut 40 and 14 are left . those 14 were cut from a mother that still had its cut away clones .. the others that are dead .. were not ,...if they are not dead will be soon ..

the point is ,the only difference was the mother these clones came from, still had her two lower clones ...same room ,same strain ...the only possible answer was the fact the mother had those two lower clones still on it ...i even move them around in the grow thinking it could be placement with in the grow .. answer was no ,

those cut away clones are causing the effects on the rest of the plant .. no other logical possible answer ...

Last edited:
T

tazz11

what dose it all mean ..

in cold temps i see the cause and effects much easier then having thousands of plants ..

the qualities of the C99 monster clones is a direct reflection of the fact the mother they were cut from had its "insufficient clones " still in place ..

as the modern methods of growing cloning and making seeds were defend threw the years those "insufficient clones " became less useful and were in most cases throw away .

over time their genetic markers have been removed from the genetic pool ..we can change this very easily for a better future for the genetic pool of cannabis by under standing the value of those "insufficient clones " and the cut away clones they can develop into ...

in most cases greed for yield has taken the best qualities from your genetic pool ...we are the cause !

" wisdom threw a better under standing ,i can only learn my own faults "

you wanted to know what was wrong with the genetic pool .. the answer ! " the presents of modern man "

stay safe stay free

Last edited:

Coba

Veteran
Here's another helpful article from PBS...
Marijuana_Plant1.jpg

amanda88

420giveaway
I stand by my mentor:

77F/25c is the best temperature to grow

fall below 50% (33f/12c) the plants falls DORMANT (little growth)

likewise too hot the plant falls DORMANT or goes to sleep

as for genetic markers ...?

Gee! dna is all over the plant just as it is all over you and me,

vip:

a cutting is a cloned plant with no roots

as is a clone is a cutting until its got roots..?

I pity you trying to grow in chilly temps for 28 years

do you ever see any mature plants, do they ever finish..?

I agree to the fact, that there is far less (N) in those lower laterals

and perhaps more in the line of excess Gibberellins or even general hormone activity

sorry to diss you, I just find it hard to accept a grower of 28 years could 'discover' such a feat..?

perhaps you have a peer?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Are you saying you believe that different parts of the plant contains different DNA or properties? Impossible.

Also are you saying you have had a plant that survived 0 degrees??

I fail to see how any of this relates to the gene pool.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
So if I'm interpreting this correctly, only the two bottom most branches are worth cloning? The rest of the plant isn't worth cloning at all? And taking these clones and turning them into flowering plants allows them to flourish in conditions that would halt growth and kill most plants?

I just wanna make sure I'm understanding what your laying out. Like other have said, the posts are extremely hard to decipher.

T

tazz11

I stand by my mentor:

77F/25c is the best temperature to grow

fall below 50% (33f/12c) the plants falls DORMANT (little growth)

likewise too hot the plant falls DORMANT or goes to sleep

as for genetic markers ...?

Gee! dna is all over the plant just as it is all over you and me,

vip:

a cutting is a cloned plant with no roots

as is a clone is a cutting until its got roots..?

I pity you trying to grow in chilly temps for 28 years

do you ever see any mature plants, do they ever finish..?

I agree to the fact, that there is far less (N) in those lower laterals

and perhaps more in the line of excess Gibberellins or even general hormone activity

sorry to diss you, I just find it hard to accept a grower of 28 years could 'discover' such a feat..?

perhaps you have a peer?

this is why I stopped posting here at this site... I have to go back and delete the pics and reload them up side down before they will post correctly ..

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
were all the C99 mothers cloned from the same seed plant, or were all the mothers grown from different seeds?

T

tazz11

Are you saying you believe that different parts of the plant contains different DNA or properties? Impossible.

Also are you saying you have had a plant that survived 0 degrees??

I fail to see how any of this relates to the gene pool.

OK I had enough of this attacking shit ! get the mod to let me post a video . I will show you a full grow at 28 Degrees 9 strains the full grow at 28 degrees ! and I take a temp gun and show you the grow is at that temp ... it was for more then a week ...

so say what ever you want ..

just because a plant has a given DNA dose not mean that we know everything that it has with in it , if we did we would be god right ?

I am saying that the plant has not been defined until it creates those lower nudes ...and everything after that is effected by them . cut them off and see what you get .. leave them on and see what you get .. not the same thing ...lol

are you saying you know everything about the DNA of the cannabis plant ?
I am not ..

but I am smart enough to under stand how my grow and strains are effected by cause and effect ...

don't worry I wont be here much longer ...

T

tazz11

were all the C99 mothers cloned from the same seed plant, or were all the mothers grown from different seeds?

NO ,all of those 14 clones were cloned from C99 #1 there were 3 C99 mothers I have pics of the 3 mothers from seed to harvest ,but I also have over 70,000 pics for that year alone and I have over 10 years on record ...

the 3 mothers were grown from seed ,the plant in the pic is

C99#1

Mosca did some good work on that strain . I read he had created the strain from 3 different examples of C99,the monster clones are of the pineapple pheno ,I compared his strain with other strains and his won out for qualities and taste ...

Last edited:

jesbuds

Fun thought that different parts of the plant contain different genetic makeup but untrue. Different stages of growth? Sure, but the same genes throughout....well unless your grafting...

By all means continue down your path though, your passionate about it and you'll eventually find what works for you.

T

tazz11

So if I'm interpreting this correctly, only the two bottom most branches are worth cloning? The rest of the plant isn't worth cloning at all? And taking these clones and turning them into flowering plants allows them to flourish in conditions that would halt growth and kill most plants?

I just wanna make sure I'm understanding what you laying out. Like other have said, the posts are extremely hard to decipher.

So if I'm interpreting this correctly, only the two bottom most branches are worth cloning?

tazz: are the best for breeding ...

The rest of the plant isn't worth cloning at all?

tazz:,they are for your own smoke if that's your goal ...

And taking these clones and turning them into flowering plants allows them to flourish in conditions that would halt growth and kill most plants?

tazz: good question . I grow at 30-51 degrees for 2-3 months of the year ,I have a video of this full grow room at 28 degrees all 9 strains ,only 1 out of 24 failed ...and I do take a temp gun and show you the room is at that temp ...I got this idea when I saw the Abducted take to - 10 below 0 ) ... even I had never seen that before , I used what I learn from Abducted and this is where I am now ...I notice the only thing that was different about the Abducted strain plants were I never cut clones from them ... all the Abducted is from Seed ... yet when clones and seedlings are conditioned to cold temps the plants can take far more then we know ...the soil in the bags in that grow are frozen ...

amanda88

420giveaway
don't worry I wont be here much longer ...
As implied in my previous post

I believe you are confusing depleted lower laterals, of nitrogen,

and an abundance of hormones with your recent discovery

However:

The majority of cloners do take their cuttings from the lowest laterals,

knowing that their is less activity in these regions,

above all, leaving the tops to mature during bud, to make us those gorgeous flowers

as for your intended departure?

Its a free world, and years later on your death bed ....

...be proven right?

either way this thread will make the membership sit up straight ...lol

good luck

T

tazz11

However:

above all, leaving the tops to mature during bud, to make us those gorgeous flowers

...be proven right?

good luck

sorry that was not a joke I am dyeing

they locked my attachment ,i can not upload .. ,maybe there is some kind of limit .. good luck to you ..

stay safe stay free ...

Last edited:
T

tazz11

However:

...be proven right?

good luck

sorry, no the nitrogen burn is common in this type of cold temp breeding .. in 1971 when I first started maybe I would wondered if that was the case ...

its much like the honey bee , we think we know so much and in fact we know almost nothing ..

I am not mistaken..

all I know at this point is this is what is causing the effects I am seeing ...

but you are right .. it was a bad idea to come here ......

well lets me guess as to how it dose it ...

you know how leafs imprint on the future of a tree , they case a signature and the tree uses that to imprint its seed ...this way the weather and environment is reflected in the off spring . is there some type of imprinting going on here ...? I don't know how it is doing it . I just know I found its foot prints and this is where they take me ...

I can change the stabilization of my strain by what I do with them ..

let me ask you question . how is your plant's life any different from yours . dose it not breath life as you do .. dose it not re attach to the environment around it ..
dose it bleed with cut ..
dose it feel
dose it have gender
dose it have off spring
do they not communicate with each other

humans are so foolish ...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts