What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new Cali med laws for dummies - or why you are done growing next year

Sunfire

Veteran
...so where's everyone gonna move to now?

Chile just opened up medical cannabis and seems to be a free for all down there right now and they don't wtf they are doing.

Either that or stay and fight. Don't run, be part of the solution. This is an opportunity to do something worthwhile and great. If we get a good unified support group across the country this could turn into ending mansanto and growing hemp for pretty much everything, saving the forests. Hemp can replace all plastic products, think about the huge trash piles in the pacific, it's mostly plastic.

Jon 54

Typical Political California Bullshit!!!

Typical Political California Bullshit!!!

How can a change in a existing bill that was voted on and passed by a majority back in 1996 be changed without notifying the general public of these impending actions??
WHO WILL PROFIT IN SACRAMENTO????

These changes need to be reported on the public news and not been conducted on the down side or underbelly of some politicians.

Jon :moon::moon::moon::moon:

Sunfire

Veteran
How can a change in a existing bill that was voted on and passed by a majority back in 1996 be changed without notifying the general public of these impending actions??

These changes need to be reported on the public news and not been conducted on the down side or underbelly of some politicians.

rule 62(a) is what allowed the secrecy, bullshit right?

They shouldn't be able to fuck with 215, that's what's the lawsuits are about.

the bills have already been all over the news.

right now it looks like lawyers will profit the most from this.

once again I urge people to look at the bigger picture. The politicians are corrupt bit they arnt dumb. They are privy to more inside info than we are and they have lawyers and consultants too.

Unclecrash

These politicians, and Goverments dont give a shit about any of us. Look at Canada and there fucked up Government turning there backs on every one of us. By letting Norway put them Salmon Pens in BC river inlets. I wont eat the Salmon !! they have three different viruses that are killing the whole socket salmon run , its a shame the penned fish are contaminating all the sockeye as they swim up the streams to spawn. A virus called ISA which should be on the list with mad cow desease and all the other bad shit. This fish biologist has been trying to stop it but the government has put a stop to her and four other top labs in the countries. She has even found the virus in our shopping stores in the fish that she bought and took samples of. She also found it in the Soo shi . She says most people have no clue they are buying and eating contaminated salmon. I found a video that would blow your mind over an hour long on how her Government is turned there back on the peole of the World. Sorry off topic it just sickens me everytime I see this shit happen. All they give a fuck about is this $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Michigan and Ohio are doing almost exactly the same thing. Doing their best to outlaw home growing. THey cannot stand the public having economical benefits, especially those that may be at least partially untraceable. Another attempt at taking our freedom. It is not a partisan issue either, both sides are instituting these cabal organization of additional profiteers, such as transporters (aka middlemen), They will deal out these contracts to the highest bidders, or acquaintances.

Sunfire

Veteran
These politicians, and Goverments dont give a shit about any of us. Look at Canada and there fucked up Government turning there backs on every one of us. By letting Norway put them Salmon Pens in BC river inlets. I wont eat the Salmon !! they have three different viruses that are killing the whole socket salmon run , its a shame the penned fish are contaminating all the sockeye as they swim up the streams to spawn. A virus called ISA which should be on the list with mad cow desease and all the other bad shit. This fish biologist has been trying to stop it but the government has put a stop to her and four other top labs in the countries. She has even found the virus in our shopping stores in the fish that she bought and took samples of. She also found it in the Soo shi . She says most people have no clue they are buying and eating contaminated salmon. I found a video that would blow your mind over an hour long on how her Government is turned there back on the peole of the World. Sorry off topic it just sickens me everytime I see this shit happen. All they give a fuck about is this $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah I read it's like the equivalent of aids. I didn't know the government is not only letting it happen but apparently wanting it to happen. Yeah we've got a lot of work do my friends!

furrywall11

Either that or stay and fight. Don't run, be part of the solution. This is an opportunity to do something worthwhile and great. If we get a good unified support group across the country this could turn into ending mansanto and growing hemp for pretty much everything, saving the forests. Hemp can replace all plastic products, think about the huge trash piles in the pacific, it's mostly plastic.

Yeah, that's a good idea. With climate change and the depletion of the worlds oil reserves now would be the time to start getting into alternative fuel sources like hemp. There should be more emphasis on that as a platform.....we're not just trying to save our gardens, we're trying to save the world..! but obviously something not as hoaky sounding :-0

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran

the emerald growers association has a lot to do with AB266.

they even claim to have been working on the bills for 2 years.

all people are trying to capitalize off the plant.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
NORML Run down on AB266

NORML Run down on AB266

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

if you want the scanned files i would be happy to email them to you :wave:

Sunfire

Veteran
Hmmm I didn't know that was all standard procedures already for the doctors. "Popular misconception" indeed.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Amazing. THe Legislators in Michigan came up with almost exactly the same regs... Hmmmmmm. We did not vote on many of the parts that have become the original bill - but 63% of us voted for MMJ almost 2 years ago, we were ignored, and no real progress occured except mostly in a hidden way. Except in a couple tolerant cities, where, amazingly enough, the sky has not fallen. Quite the contrary, success ensued, with very little downside. Then it morphed into a corporate nightmare. Saw this keenly yesterday. Same transporters (another middleman) and only 10 licensed mega growers in the whole state. Home growers are not allowed to offload except to the max of 5 patients one has signed up. No sales to dispos allowed once this happens. And after a symposium I went to yest, I think it will. If for no other reason than there are at least 3 different (over)passionate egotistical 'factions' in the legalization fight, which is causing divisiveness, and confusion. Not to mention immense tenseness.

It's gonna be a money grab, I saw a lot of smiling guys in suits, shaking hands. No one was representing growers, and that will be something I will fight and fight, hopefully for some effect. Moneymen stink like cops and previous ememies gone greedy. As quality is the last thing they're thinking about, they will come crawling to the experts. But for now, they know how to re-invent the wheel. Seen how that goes, when hotshot moneymen set up warehouses of aeroponic rails, cause some suckah told them that was the road to yield. But, they have NO IDEA how to run the spaceship!!! Been there. Saved em before. Massive root rot in ALL 7 rooms of 72 plants each. haha.... It was their second potential complete crop failure in 2 tries..@! Then and only then do they realize financially they are done, that they in fact, do Not Know Jack Schitt, and need to call in the Ones Who Really Know, and don't just bluster. It's classic how the same situations almost always repeat...! haha.

Just like Me, I keep doing what I am doing. Concentrating on that.

Last edited:

kinesis

pros: if you cant sell good quality controlled weed you shouldn't be in business... and wont! one thing i heard about was people investing $100,000 into concentrate equipment and having their product outsold by inferior concentrate products due to inexperienced dispensary personnel.
cons: it will cost you like $300 / hr (or ins) to hire a doctor that will also side with giving you a medical marijuana recommendation. it wont be $40-70 and a quick 15 minute consultation anymore.
only advanced and well organized corporations could possibly live up to all these requirements.

i don't like it though. it is a big mess and i think it should be rejected.

tell moonbeam not to sign this...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Does the tougher Dr. recommendation apply to personal growers as well?

arnold layne

this is from ab266.
wouldn't this mean we have another season or two?

"28) Requires a licensing authority to issue state licenses to
qualified applicants engaging in commercial cannabis activities,
and beginning January 1, 2018, prohibits a person from engaging
in those activities without a state license and a local permit. "

Latest posts

Latest posts