Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Best strains to relieve nighttime pain

Thread Title Search
Best strains to relieve nighttime pain Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2018, 12:39 AM #1
Feefles

Feefles is on a distinguished road
Best strains to relieve nighttime pain

This is my first post, and I'm just finding my way back to weed for the first time since my teens. Reason being, I have a frozen shoulder, which for the unfamiliar, involves chronic pain, sometimes reaching childbirth levels when you move the wrong way, and an immobile arm, for several months.

I can deal with it during the day, but at night, when I lie down, my shoulders, neck, and upper back lock up, and it hurts so much it's impossible to sleep through.

I've tried Diamond OG in edible form, and that works well to keep me stupified enough to get back to sleep every time the pain wakes me up. But I'm hoping to find a strain with the stupifying properties of the Diamond OG but that also offers some pain relief so I can sleep for longer periods.

One caveat, I've become very THC sensitive with age, it seems, and any psychoactive effects tend to wake me up more.

Any suggestions for specific strains would be hugely appreciated!
Feefles is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:42 AM #2
Feefles

I forgot to add, I tried Charlotte's Web, and while it did help with the pain somewhat, even that strain was distractingly psychoactive at night...
Feefles is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 01:02 AM #3
Creeperpark

Creeperpark will become famous soon enoughCreeperpark will become famous soon enough
my favorite is chemo from canada
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 01:10 AM #4
Feefles

I'm in Canada (so that's handy ). Not too psychoactive?
Feefles is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 02:32 AM #5
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to Icmag!

Once your tolerance builds up the psychoactive properties won't be as sensitive.

Look into Herijuana, Sour Bubble, Narkush, Northern Lights, or any indica dominant strain.

Hope that shoulder heals soon!
Lester Beans is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:56 AM #6
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feefles View Post
This is my first post, and I'm just finding my way back to weed for the first time since my teens. Reason being, I have a frozen shoulder, which for the unfamiliar, involves chronic pain, sometimes reaching childbirth levels when you move the wrong way, and an immobile arm, for several months.

I can deal with it during the day, but at night, when I lie down, my shoulders, neck, and upper back lock up, and it hurts so much it's impossible to sleep through.

I've tried Diamond OG in edible form, and that works well to keep me stupified enough to get back to sleep every time the pain wakes me up. But I'm hoping to find a strain with the stupifying properties of the Diamond OG but that also offers some pain relief so I can sleep for longer periods.

One caveat, I've become very THC sensitive with age, it seems, and any psychoactive effects tend to wake me up more.

Any suggestions for specific strains would be hugely appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feefles View Post
I forgot to add, I tried Charlotte's Web, and while it did help with the pain somewhat, even that strain was distractingly psychoactive at night...
IMHO Purple Kush or Harlequin. Harlequin is not a night time strain perse. Northern light might be a good candidate as well, but I have not experienced its pain relieving capabilities.
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 04:34 AM #7
Gumby's Ganja

Gumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the rough
I highly recommend Karma Genetics's Biker Kush. I suffer from extreme sciatica and lower back pain (when not medicated) and this is my go-to strain when the pain is off the charts. Its like my secret weapon. I can smoke joints all day, but a bowl of this stuff turns reality on its side.

I saw you say the psychoactivity is undesirable to you, so do go with the less psychoactive strains for the majority of your use, but I can't recommend this strain enough as your secret weapon. For those nights where nothing helps and you just wish you could stop existing, this is the shit you need. Its like a sledge hammer. It'll shatter through any pain. It provides relief in minutes, triggers insane euphoria, and take a little too much and its lights out.

Last year, my father was all coked up and thought it would be a good idea to go through my personal stash, and he had the misfortune of grabbing my BK. In his own words, "after two hits in my one hitter, I barely had the energy to make it to my bed." Needless to say, it'll help you sleep through the night. I don't like edibles, but I expect even a small dose in edible form would be devastating. Trust me, I know very well how indicas can keep you awake for some reason, but not this one.

Its super potent, a heavy yielder to boot, and it has that horrendous burnt rubber stank with some phenos having varying degrees of lemon pinesol. I can't speak highly enough of this medicine. I give a tiny jar to all my pain patients, and it lasts them months. All my friends and patients joke whenever we smoke, "hold on, hold on! This isn't Biker Kush right? I got shit to do tonight!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171227_164441.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	463336

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171219_182843.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	463337
Gumby's Ganja is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 04:39 AM #8
yahooman

yahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeperpark View Post
my favorite is chemo from canada
i hear chemo is crazy....which breeder?
yahooman is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 04:41 AM #9
Gumby's Ganja

Gumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Once your tolerance builds up the psychoactive properties won't be as sensitive.
This is very true. Take some time to build even a meager tolerance, and your problems will subside. Regular use will make it harder and harder to get high. Double edged sword if you ask me.
Gumby's Ganja is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 05:11 PM #10
Feefles

Thanks everyone for all the support and suggestions, I'll see what I can track down locally!
Feefles is offline Quote