What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School Arizona

Madjag

Veteran
I meant the Jaguar sightings...

how do i edit mistakes on this forum? cant find the edit buttons

Until you have 50 posts, I think, you cannot do many things with your posts. You also cannot send PMs (Private Messages).

Apache Kush

Hello,

I searched Arizona in the search button and then I came across your thread here...

Im currently on page 9 of 199 i think.

As a avid flyfisherman in the rim country I reconized a lot of your namesakes for canyons in the rim country. Haigler and tonto have some decent flyfishing nothing speacial.Even pulled out my TOPO maps and found the wet bottom creek, houston creek area (even though there are a few by houston' name i figure you meant the one right next to wet bottom) That area looks remote as shit, no roads only trails, nothing in the area but the verde rivers..a prime spot indeed my friend.

I have come across a half a dozen lion kills (deer and elk) in my favorite fly fishing spot on the rim so I had a good chuckle when one followed you to your camp at MAGJAG canyon. I heard fly guys talk of this happening too. Also, I always followed the storys/sightings in AZ on the Game and Fish website, they will run an article most the time as its rare. See if I can link the most recent sighting stuff too for you. Please, do tell another story of the the guerilla stuff in the canyons...maybe include times of year and harvest window info too. Thanks, I really luaghed at the early stuff in this thread with the pilot guy and the Ajo stuff with Apocalypse Now refernce (my fav movie), the air dropping grow supplies. Its like a mix between the movies Blow, and a hippie Forrest Gump...idk man good stuff
hmmm was it a roar or a shreek? read this on the g&f links :tumbleweed:
''Jaguars are the only cat in North America that roars.''

Madjag

Veteran
picture.php

Madjag

Veteran
So OK, Apache Man.....

What do you want to really talk about?

It's very nice that you connected the dots and found Wet Bottom Creek et al.

What do you want to really talk about?

Apache Kush

Sorry, I just wanted to start a dialog on outdoor. I was born in the White Mtns. (grew up on the WMA Res.) and family moved down the Hill. Thats why I made my name AK.

Well everyone is doing indoor grows down here in the Valley of course. I like you, have a passion my friends don't understand. When I see the road less areas coming to and from fly fishing trips. My minds eye see like you man...even on verde trips from Beasley Flat south of Camp Verde etc. etc.
I said to myself Im seeing canyons left and right that have water and are remote.

Plus, you talked about ''water acces'' waters that would be highly secure...nothing big..just a side project with some indoor clones to get a better yield and finally do it...nothing on your old school guerrilla scale. I want to try some clones in the backwoods maybe a handfull ya know..

When I started reading your post it inspired my old ideas and I pulled out the topo maps again. Was surprised how I found the area you mentioned, it looks roadless but not trying to cramp your style. Anyways, I wanted to kinda ''pick'' your brain and have a chat Show yo some water access only stuff I had in mind... Also, water pumps...I was thinking of going solar vs gas...that kind of stuff

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
Sorry, I just wanted to start a dialog on outdoor. I was born in the White Mtns. (grew up on the WMA Res.) and family moved down the Hill. Thats why I made my name AK.

Well everyone is doing indoor grows down here in the Valley of course. I like you, have a passion my friends don't understand. When I see the roadless areas coming to and from fly fishing trips on the Rim. My minds eye see like you man...even on verde trips from Beasley Flat south of Camp Verde etc. etc.
I said to myself Im seeing canyons left and right on the Rim that have water and are remote.

Plus, you talked about ''water acces'' only I know a few hike in only rim waters that would be highly secure...nothing big..just a side project with some indoor clones to get a better yeild and finally do it...nothing on your old school guerilla scale. I want to try some clones in the backwoods maybe a handfull ya know..

When I started reading your post it inspired my old ideas and I pulled out the topo maps again. Was surprised how I found the area you mentioned, it looks roadless but not trying to cramp your style...Anyways, I wanted to kinda ''pick'' your brain and have a chat someday in PM..Show yo some water acces only stuff I had in mind...Also, water pumps...I was thinking of going solar vs gas...that kind of stuff ya know

Read my post on Page 5 of the Lions and Jaguar thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=235024&page=5

Apache Kush

Read my post on Page 5 of the Lions and Jaguar thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=235024&page=5
Ok. Cool..

I Read the whole thread and think Ill add mine also. There were a few good lions stories indeed.

I liked the tiger pulling guys out the canoe one at a time (was a Joe Roegan stand up joke I saw him do in a stand up special will link it) and the Indian lumberjacks with the eyes in the back of their heads; the mountain bike one; that happens a lot actually with people on bikes; they look like deer to lions. The guy who was saved by his bike helmet. People with small children in predator country are just asking for it.

Reminds me of a Tv special on like, ‘’When predators attack’’ or some shit..

This little girl got pounced on going down a trailhead in Canada or some place. She was still wearing around the neck a floatation device for the lake or whatnot, the thick foam was all bit up by canine teeth but it saved the little girls life.

That guy who walked backwards for several miles while being followed, smart idea. You turn or lower your head and that provokes their hunting instincts to attack.

Heard another fellow fisherman on the Rim say he was walking back to camp to his buddy’s already roaring fire. It was dusk, going to zero dark thirty. He said he could hear the lion breaking sticks and branches on the opposite side of the canyon behind him. Said it follow him till he got closer to the camp/fire...it was dust/dark so that is pretty close call as that is when they hunt. Same canyon mind you that I myself have spotted two elk and a deer killed right on the water!

One time on the rim, my setter was still coming out of her heat cycle or period. Dumb. I had her down in the canyon on the lake, tied to a tree while I was fishing. I got out of her view and she started whining a little.

I come back to the spot about 10 minutes later. My eye just got a glimpse of a dark figure of movement a ways off. I looked across the lake and notice the movement again on the far other side of the canyon wall. I was like YESS Bigfoot! Hah…

Damn, no… just a hungry juvenile black bear; maybe a yearling. So I started a small fire with some tinder I grab close by. I know bears know what campfires smell like- humans -and to let the bear know there was a man here! Not just a meal ticket tied to a tree lol...

The smoke from my small fire blew right up the canyon towards the bears direction (DIRECTLY DOWNWIND go figure) It started moving back the way it came in, but did so ever so stealthy. I tried to follow him with the naked eye for a few minutes and he used the tall shadows of the pines to blend in and vanish till I lost it. I think it came running from at least few canyons over; all from just a few drops of blood. Makes you wonder about using blood meal/bone meal eh? :tumbleweed:

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
I was an OTR truck driver, and know the road from Miami to I- 40 thru the Salt river Canyon.
It is beautiful their, but that's a place that can be real FUN coming out of the copper mine in Miami with 46000lbs of Copper plates, better be in the CORRECT gear for sure.

In a Semi its a little hared to get off the beaten trail, but I have spent a little time in the pull offs for sure.
My wife is an amateur Photographer, and drove w/Me 10 of My 18yrs.
She has a flkr acct. with 8000+ photos.
I know She took a bunch in the Salt River Canyon, I will have to go find some to share.

Thanks for letting Me crash your party.
Man I just LOVE that HIGH desert On the north end of that trip.
Love it over round Flagg. too.

Peace; 1TT

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Well crap,,, The wife informed Me that was B4 She got into the photog. thing serious,
She had some 35mm film thing, and No Pics on flckr.
She reminded that's 1 place She wants to go back to, and get those memories on Fil,,, oh. I mean a card.lol old habits.

PEACE; 1TT

JVonChron

I was at a 4th of july party this year, and I took the last half of a j outside to finish. I get it going and its got one go'round in It max its almost roch territory but definitely has 2-3 in it left. I handed it to a buddy who isn't hardpressed for things to incinerate...and he looks at me goes "why you gonna waste my time with this shit" and chunks it in the yard whilest it still had 2-3 left. well another dude I just met that night goes "ah man I woulda taken that" and tried to look for it but its dark as shit at this point. I go in and grab one more brew before bouncing, and on the way out I decide to give the dude who tried finding the cocarocha a fresh new j for his non-wasteful spirit. Well I go up to him and at this point kinda throwed so my words come out jumbled and Im like" here man this is for you trying to be non wasteful or I mean having a good nonwaste spirit and trying to find the..." and he cuts me off and goes "this" and opens up his hand to reveal the lil roch. then he says "ya man I used one of those little yard night light things that was staked in the ground and scowered the yard and found it!" He definitely deserved it.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Not sure what this has to do with Old School Arizona,,, Were ya in Arizona, or What???
Maybe I missed it.
No Worries though, GOOD on Ya for sharing tha J anyway.
Just busting BALLZ, a little.

Peace; 1TT