Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Dudding / Perpetual Sick Plants

Thread Title Search
Dudding / Perpetual Sick Plants Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2021, 11:23 PM #21
Fakir710

Fakir710 has a spectacular aura aboutFakir710 has a spectacular aura aboutFakir710 has a spectacular aura aboutFakir710 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
Dudding is a virus also known as Hop Latent Viroid. Once you got it you cant do much. If you have genetics that you cant lose send cuts for meristem culture. People got lazy and did not quarantine incoming cuts, keep tools clean. Once you use your tools on an infected cut and do not clean it your passing it to every plant that touched that tool.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Yeah have seen tons of videos, threads and read lots of news about it as well... The problem comes when we send samples to a lab and they tested negative. Maybe we sent just uninfected parts. Maybe another Viroid/virus causing it? Maybe they need different primer for the PCR test?

*edit: Im gonna attatch this video along with other links to the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
Ive seen it pass from seed as well bro.... Mine came from a plant who was displaying symptoms... This was almost 10 years ago and haven't seen it since... its a nothing to play around with ...it spreads as easy as water drops hitting leaves and Bam...It's good you've become good at identifying it so easy now.. that's how u really start eliminating it from your rooms
Shit, my buddy Muad' told me he had some looklike plants so many time ago as well from seeds, but maybe it wasn't so present and the clone scene wasnt so crazy active that it didn't spreaded as fast as right now. Lots of people arguing with this. European seedbanks as well... Yeah looks like it spread crazy fast, and yeah I'm understanding it better and seeing how it affects in veg, but sometimes i even doubt myself because this stuff is so weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
I've harvested so many pounds of Hay because of this shit... I mean honestly you get more lit smoking pure Ditch Hemp... It changed my life forever and never looked at clones the same again.... to me everything is a walking petri dish full of problems... paranoia x10...Id take every visible enemy all at once over this issue...

Where Im at in SoCal....the Cuts are just str8 up nasty nasty nasty ....never worth it... seed game is where its anyways... if your looking for these Stupid Exotics everyone wants to throw their money at.....
For real i've tried better hemp than the affected plants, just end beign garbage, can't even make decent hash from it... Im changing all my propagation game radically, bought a gal of pure isopropyl alcohol for surfaces and scissors. No matter about exotics or not, i like to try everything, even if i got pure hay from some landrace seeds, i understand it because is possible, and appreciate the plants as well. But this shit in my selected clones never happened before...
Fakir710 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:46 PM #22
Dankwolf

Dankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivor
Have you checked soil for fungas gantz ?

female seeds 2020 outdoor

oregon genetics group

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.
Dankwolf is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2021, 11:59 PM #23
Fakir710

Fakir710 has a spectacular aura aboutFakir710 has a spectacular aura aboutFakir710 has a spectacular aura aboutFakir710 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankwolf View Post
Have you checked soil for fungas gantz ?
I think you really need to have a lot of fungus gnatz for beign so fucked up, I know of people that has a little fungus gnatz for years with succesfull grows. Sometimes it comes even with soil bags... :/

Old 01-14-2021, 12:02 AM #24
Fakir710

Old 01-14-2021, 12:04 AM #25
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivor
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakir710 View Post
Yeah have seen tons of videos, threads and read lots of news about it as well... The problem comes when we send samples to a lab and they tested negative. Maybe we sent just uninfected parts. Maybe another Viroid/virus causing it? Maybe they need different primer for the PCR test?

*edit: Im gonna attatch this video along with other links to the first post.

Shit, my buddy Muad' told me he had some looklike plants so many time ago as well from seeds, but maybe it wasn't so present and the clone scene wasnt so crazy active that it didn't spreaded as fast as right now. Lots of people arguing with this. European seedbanks as well... Yeah looks like it spread crazy fast, and yeah I'm understanding it better and seeing how it affects in veg, but sometimes i even doubt myself because this stuff is so weird...

For real i've tried better hemp than the affected plants, just end beign garbage, can't even make decent hash from it... Im changing all my propagation game radically, bought a gal of pure isopropyl alcohol for surfaces and scissors. No matter about exotics or not, i like to try everything, even if i got pure hay from some landrace seeds, i understand it because is possible, and appreciate the plants as well. But this shit in my selected clones never happened before...

The tools we have for this issue are limited. All you can do is test or just have everything sent for culture. Anytime a new cut comes in send it for culture 1st.

#hammerhead_genetics

Hammers Perpetual
Hammerhead is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2021, 12:52 AM #26
Fakir710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
The tools we have for this issue are limited. All you can do is test or just have everything sent for culture. Anytime a new cut comes in send it for culture 1st.
Yeah i know, unfortunately this is just possible in legal states and is not very cheap. Sadly not an option for everybody.

Old 01-14-2021, 01:33 AM #27
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
I would do a slurry test of the soil, check the ph and ec, as well as check the runoff ec and ph. Maybe you have done this already. Also would consider testing the water source, even though you are using an RO on it. I used to have issues after 60 days in a cycle, and after testing the water it had 390 ppm chloride from a poorly supplied well water source.
redlaser is online now Quote

Old 01-14-2021, 03:02 PM #28
Fakir710

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaser View Post
I would do a slurry test of the soil, check the ph and ec, as well as check the runoff ec and ph. Maybe you have done this already. Also would consider testing the water source, even though you are using an RO on it. I used to have issues after 60 days in a cycle, and after testing the water it had 390 ppm chloride from a poorly supplied well water source.
Hey, thanks for answering. Will do again in the veg room for trying in the next weeks, the flowers got no salvation... Anyway, my water source comes from public water system and it's drinking water. I even drink it sometimes, i use R/O because it comes at 700ppm and after R/O its 5ppm. Anyway, this has nothing to do with a lockout or salts build up or toxicity. The infected plants aren't capable of produce metabolites. I've seen not infected plants perform better than this under worse conditions and high stress levels...

Old 01-14-2021, 03:14 PM #29
Fakir710

I've been sharing clones with some friends 3 months ago because they need to flower something, they grew in coco, the grow was looking amazing, indeed i was smoking some flowers and the final product was supergood, but some other jars were pure garbage...

Last weeks of flowering he told me something weird was happening to some clones and i made him a visit. He had 5 GhostRider clones from same mom. 2 of them looks like shit and smells like hay. The other three plant are rock hard buds covered in resin wich smell like they should. 5 clones from my Mandarina mom and same, 1 was hay, the other 4 stunning and tasty flowers... About 20 percent of his room dudded. The problem looks like mine, same problem same shit, same times... Thats why this is systemic and latent.

edit:* I gave 4 different clones to another friend 4 month ago. He grows in soil.
He lost one, grew 3. Two of them are fire as they are supossed to. 1 Is pure hay and shit.

:/

Regards.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:20 PM #30
Fakir710

Hey amigos, took a look the other day to root system with the scope and didnt find nothing weird, no aphids, no fungus or mold. Not enough potent to see nematodes, but nothing weird, just a poor root developement compared to two years ago due to this weird thing...