Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2021, 03:18 AM #4391
Sertaiz

Sertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud of
yeeeeeeehaw thats a good one. that was swazi right? those pics are awesome. funny how time goes i remember that post like yesterday.
Sertaiz is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:00 AM #4392
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sertaiz View Post
yeeeeeeehaw thats a good one. that was swazi right? those pics are awesome. funny how time goes i remember that post like yesterday.
Yes it was. I have some GG4 like that too.

Boreal Lights Semi Auto

---

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 01-12-2021, 01:05 PM #4393
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
Yes it was. I have some GG4 like that too.
Love to hear your comparison of the GG4 opposite ends of the spectrum.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:21 PM #4394
nivek

nivek has a spectacular aura aboutnivek has a spectacular aura aboutnivek has a spectacular aura aboutnivek has a spectacular aura about
heya agin friends,, cob on

i would be so appreciative if anyone might be able to point me towards any actual 'real science' regarding the cobbing process

i have read on here a bit about the conversion of chlorophyll into sugars and a bit of other info and i would be very interested to know more

and in exchange i will provide one tiny tip that might help the odd folk,, and the not so odd as well, ha

the initial 104 degree temperature to sweat the cobs in,, this is where i get my 104 temperature for the first 24 to 48 hrs,,

a perfect 104 and safe in some tupperware

cheers friends
nivek is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:37 PM #4395
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
I cant help maybe other scientific types can, but it has been speculated that its a bacterial process helped by the warm conditions.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:55 PM #4396
nivek

nivek has a spectacular aura aboutnivek has a spectacular aura aboutnivek has a spectacular aura aboutnivek has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
I cant help maybe other scientific types can, but it has been speculated that its a bacterial process helped by the warm conditions.

ok,, thanks tang,, if you don't know of any then no one does

get this tho,, i was thinking of pursuing some actual science,, and coincidentally, not far up the road

https://flowrcorp.com/operations/canada/default.aspx

this company owned by miracle grow corp, has just opened and might be able to provide me some of the science i am after

a work in progress, indeed
nivek is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2021, 09:59 AM #4397
MedBelgUsr

MedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the rough
For those having positive experiences creating cobs, I have a question :

Imagine you are ready to create your cobs : you have a bunch of flowers for cobbing and some are not/less ripe than the others.

Out of your experience, do you place the less ripe flowers in the center/core of the cob, or more on the external layer ? ( so you use the most ripe flowers in the center ).

I know there's experimentation to be done but regarding ripe/not ripe flowers positioning in the cob, I guess it's better to know the way to place the buds so the fermentation/curing is the most efficient.
MedBelgUsr is online now Quote

Old 01-20-2021, 11:51 AM #4398
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedBelgUsr View Post
For those having positive experiences creating cobs, I have a question :

Imagine you are ready to create your cobs : you have a bunch of flowers for cobbing and some are not/less ripe than the others.

Out of your experience, do you place the less ripe flowers in the center/core of the cob, or more on the external layer ? ( so you use the most ripe flowers in the center ).

I know there's experimentation to be done but regarding ripe/not ripe flowers positioning in the cob, I guess it's better to know the way to place the buds so the fermentation/curing is the most efficient.
I would suggest making two cobs one with mature buds and one with the less mature buds then check the different effects of both cobs once matured.
In my experience the effects can be very different in fact so different you might think they were from different strains.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:12 PM #4399
MedBelgUsr

MedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the roughMedBelgUsr is a jewel in the rough
From harvesting immature flowers, I have experienced that the effect can be at the edge of being unpleasant with those ( e: paranoia ) ... should I expect such an occurance of negative effects after fermenting immature buds ?

Or, on the contrary, do you think that cobing is converting the "bad into good" ?
( I'm not a believer by any stretch, but writing that made me feel like a prophet )

If the effect is different, I dont care ( and I am curious )

Last edited by MedBelgUsr; 01-20-2021 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Huge typo
MedBelgUsr is online now Quote

Old 01-20-2021, 08:59 PM #4400
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedBelgUsr View Post
From harvesting immature flowers, I have experienced that the effect can be at the edge of being unpleasant with those ( e: paranoia ) ... should I expect such an occurance of negative effects after fermenting immature buds ?

Or, on the contrary, do you think that cobing is converting the "bad into good" ?
( I'm not a believer by any stretch, but writing that made me feel like a prophet View Image)

If the effect is different, I dont care ( and I am curious )
I also dont like edgy or nervous pot. I prefer spaced out trippy types the cob curing def takes off the nervous edgy feeling mostly the nervous edgy feeling comes from the strain IMO.