What's new

Titan Controls.. Help please!

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I just purchased a Titan Controls Helios 7 light controller. It will power up to 8 ballasts and lights.

You have to hardware the controller to 240 which of course I am running it to 240v. So the box is a 240v only box. Now here is where I get confused and I can't find zero info on this...

All 8 plugs are universal. You can plug 120 or 240 volt plugs into the universal outlets. I ordered 4 digital ballasts rated at 120v/240v. So if I plug the 120 volt ballast into the universal 120/240 outlet are my lights running on 240 or 120??? I was gonna make sure I understand this right before purchasing 240 cords.

Red Bear

Your pulling 240 volt with the 120 cordsets, it's fine, same gauge, just different connector. They sell these "x" plugs so you don't have to buy 240v cordsets, knowing most digital ballasts come with 120 cordsets, but can run 110v-240v.

It's pretty sketchy because if you do plug a 120volt anything into them not knowing it will destroy the equipment. So don't plug anything other than 240v compatible ballasts into the light controller. And maybe label the thing at each receptacle 240 volt, if any one else may be in your grow room.

Red Bear

If you have old 120 volt ONLY ballasts, DO NOT PLUG THEM IN TO THIS CONTROLLER.

That controller, when wired to 240 volt puts out ONLY 240 volt.

Latest posts

Latest posts