What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

guide me

Speed of green

well for a long time i have been dry trimming everything by hand and i 100% feel that this is the best option for nose and quality.

i have access to a wet trim machine, but im a little hesitant because...

Every attempt i have made at wet trimming has turned out lackluster in all departments, maybe i'm doing it wrong. i trim fresh and turgid by hand and then place on drying racks at 55% humidity, smell comes back after a week or two but it doesnt compare to dry trimmed.

if you are a wet trim guru please advise on what im doing wrong.

I dont have the manpower to hand trim this harvest... so this leaves me in the market for a machine.

trimbag is at the top of my list so far, i know the flowers need to be very dry, i know trich's are going to fall off, and i know that the flowers will need to be gone over after running through the bag. i feel like an idiot paying $350 for a laundry bag thats going to knock off a high percentage of trichs but i am kinda painted into a corner here.

any other machines on the market i should know about before pulling the trig?

any thoughts on the trimbag? feel free to rip on me.

well for a long time i have been dry trimming everything by hand and i 100% feel that this is the best option for nose and quality.

i have access to a wet trim machine, but im a little hesitant because...

Every attempt i have made at wet trimming has turned out lackluster in all departments, maybe i'm doing it wrong. i trim fresh and turgid by hand and then place on drying racks at 55% humidity, smell comes back after a week or two but it doesnt compare to dry trimmed.

if you are a wet trim guru please advise on what im doing wrong.

I dont have the manpower to hand trim this harvest... so this leaves me in the market for a machine.

trimbag is at the top of my list so far, i know the flowers need to be very dry, i know trich's are going to fall off, and i know that the flowers will need to be gone over after running through the bag. i feel like an idiot paying $350 for a laundry bag thats going to knock off a high percentage of trichs but i am kinda painted into a corner here.

any other machines on the market i should know about before pulling the trig?

any thoughts on the trimbag? feel free to rip on me.

instead of the trim bag route (if that's what your interested in) you can achieve the same results with a five gallon bucket. trim off the fans at harvest and let the flowers dry until the sun leaves are dry but the buds are not dry. toss them in a five gallon bucket, secure the lid, and give them a shake. inspect the flowers. shake again until you have only buds. saw a guy share this on youtube. he did the demonstration and his buds looked pretty good.

$350.00 for a trim bag or $2.00 for a bucket... you do the math. lol.