What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is she dead?

Alpagumay

I germinated her about 3 days ago and she has not grown since that day. I think she has not got 2 main leaves. For 2 days there is not any difference. Can you tell me whether she is dead or alive? And also what should i do for next?

dyIBnMh.jpg

hcxyC5g.jpg

rcco

Veteran
Hey,

It seems she is still alive. A current mistake is to have a too wet soil. If your pot is 1l, water it with 10% of water, so 0,1L.

Do you have better pics?

Alpagumay

Hey,

It seems she is still alive. A current mistake is to have a too wet soil. If your pot is 1l, water it with 10% of water, so 0,1L.

Do you have better pics?

posted bro. Also my temperature is 22-27. My humidity is very low 20-25 %

MrBungle

it looks like the seed hull is still partially stuck on the seedling... if you carefully peel it away with tweezers or fingernails, you may see it open right before your eyes

nowerries

I know this is my first post lol, but get your humidity up with seedlings, use a dome or ziplock bag, I've had this happen before, the seed hull dry's out too much and becomes too hard for the lil seedling to break it off.

Alpagumay

UPDATE: She is dead :/. But I started growing another one this time i use peat pellets. Does anyone know that how often i should water them ? I couldnt find any info on internet for using peta pellets

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
There looked to be dirt on the stem and the soil looked really wet. The dirt on the stem I'm sure resulted in damping off.

In the future don't water the soil as much. Look into a seed starting mix. And keep a small fan circulating the air, not blowing directly on the seedling. Just so it wiggles in a breeze.

Best of luck

Betterhaff

Veteran
Peat pots are not the best, too acidic. I’d go back to the soil mix, get moist, plant seed and cover with a baggie or such to maintain moisture. Once germinated, remove baggie and water sparingly.

Edit: Also make sure your soil mix is on the light side, meaning it won’t compact. Adding some perlite helps.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Peat pots are not the best, too acidic. I’d go back to the soil mix, get moist, plant seed and cover with a baggie or such to maintain moisture. Once germinated, remove baggie and water sparingly.

Edit: Also make sure your soil mix is on the light side, meaning it won’t compact. Adding some perlite helps.

Agreed. Peat pots are notorious for killing seedlings. Exactly same advice I'd say....Betterhalf steering you right. Good luck!

Alpagumay

Thank you all guys. Now my other baby has sprouted but her stem not straight yet ( she is not on upwards). Is it early to transplant to soil from peat pellet?

Latest posts

Latest posts