What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana tea

Superauto

If I decarb some buds and then use a gram to make tea with pure hot water and sugar(no fat what so ever)
Will this tea have any effect?
Any high or will it give a good night sleep?

And what about the used decarbed weed, will it still contain THC?
Can I use this "washed" weed in a vodka tincture(60%/120 proof) and end up with a potent (and almost)transparent liquid?

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yes, yes, no, yes.... just kidding. LOL

If you decarb the weed, the tea is going to taste like shit. I do believe that sugar is a suitable carrier for the THC but it's usually best absorbed by your mouth saliva rather than in your stomach. Probably why the candies made with sugar are hard candy or gummies that stay in your mouth a long time before swallowing.

There is plenty of speculation on making tea from pot that is not decarbed. Probably won't get you "high" but some people claim a 'calming' or other effect from it.

If you use leaves, you'll probably get more green flavor and a mix of cannabinoids. If you use buds, you'll probably get more THCa than anything. And, THCa is said to have very analgesic and pain relieve properties.

The best way to know is to try it.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
If you're looking for sedative MJ tea, a gm of twigs from inside the bud makes a useful infusion

If it's just for sleep don't waste your bud

Gry

I am fond of hash tea and it sounds as if you are on the path.
Decarb is the route. 150 mg delivers a nice buzz or comforting rest.

Ringodoggie is so on the money about oral absorption -
my favorite buzz is sub lingual - almost as quick as smoking,
but the effect is nicer and more fun and longer lasting.
Stems and twigs are a major part of my hash pile .

A gift from Badkittysmiles: https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction