What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC in males

Superauto

Next year I get 2-4 autoflower males that I will use for pollination, so I have three questions

1. Are there any THC in males worth smoke/extract?

2. When is the best time to harvest a male plant(at what age/weeks, number of days after pollination etc) to get as much potent THC as possible?

3. What part of a male plant(strain, leaf) contain enough THC to make a decent high, and how many grams of the plant material is needed compared to a gram from the same part from a female to make the same high?

Del_9_THC

Normally, you would not bother with the males, unless you want to breed strains.

Having said that, I once had this male Thai plant that had already matured (even shedding lots of pollen). I collected some pollen so I could keep the genetics going (I had not made clones of the females and it was a kind of "rip the top of your head off" types of grass, so I could hope to cross-breed some of those genes into my own crosses)

I decided to put all the leaves and male flowers into a large wok, threw in some olive oil and fried up the lot. That was to be the veggie part of my dinner. I did not think I would get any psychoactive effect, because it was not a female plant...but low and behold, about an hour and half later, I started to get high.....I could not believe it....three hours in and I was indeed quite high!😂

However, in general, one would not want to try to make edibles or concentrates from male plants. You could give it a try, but don't expect too much.

Farm Hero

Males can be quite potent, though most are not.

Back in the early 1990s a friend ordered Northern Lights x Purple Indica seeds from Canada. Being newbies, we only ended up with two very healthy plants, but in August we realized they were both males. Having a few other schwagg bagseed females in the area... we chopped the NL males and tossed them in a brush pile.

A couple weeks later we were trail riding ATVs and ran out of pot. I remembered the males we had chopped and figured they were dry by now. We didn't expect much, but decided to smoke a few leaves.

WOW! We proceeded to become so baked that we were afraid to ride some of the trails we had been riding on all day. I was shocked that male leaves packed so much of a punch. Needless to say, we got a trash bag and stripped all the leaves from those two males and took them home.

Cant say i've ever seen a male so potent since, but it surely is possible.

I've never done it, but I read you can reverse a male plant to become female and are then able to smoke it. I would like to try this sometime.

I've also read that male pollen can get you high, but that is not the case in my experience. I've smoked full bowls of pollen as a teen and felt nothing.

Superauto

Normally, you would not bother with the males, unless you want to breed strains.

However, in general, one would not want to try to make edibles or concentrates from male plants. You could give it a try, but don't expect too much.
I am doing my own seeds next year so I need to have some males, second I will be out of weed in the spring so I need to have something for consume asap.

But I promise, I will give it a try and I will not expect much :)

Superauto

Males can be quite potent, though most are not.

WOW! We proceeded to become so baked that we were afraid to ride some of the trails we had been riding on all day. I was shocked that male leaves packed so much of a punch. Needless to say, we got a trash bag and stripped all the leaves from those two males and took them home.
LOL I just can't wait to try it out
Have anyone tried a Lowryder male?

burmese

male is best smoked //high// when you cut him in the beginning of flowering //first flowers open-not preflowers//
the youngest freshest leafes are always stronger and although you smoke say twice amount,, its the same as smoking buds.//compared to the weight//
also you can test em within vegetative but you must smoke tops //freshiest developed//
imho sometimes are midsummer outdoor tops better quality high than buds later

Del_9_THC

Why not just take clones (instead of making good seeds) from your current crop and turn them into mother plants for next years crop?