What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scandinavian Guerilla Lat.60 2017

NorthernSoul

Hey guys and girls!

Been lurking way too long now, time to share some pics.
I have grown cannabis from time to time in about 4-5 years, this will be my third year outdoors.

The raised bed is a 50/50 mix of organic soil and cow manure, plus some ash and bone meal. Made two rows and spread out the germinated seeds.

The seeds I'm using is from last years crop, regular scandinavian genetics.
Mors30xRoyalDane x Pc-Jet (Early)
Pc-Jet F2 (Auto)

The bigger plant on the edge seems to be a seed from last year that survived the winter.

Will post pics thru out the season, hope u'll like it.

Sincerely, NS!

NorthernSoul

Nice to see more people up here grow Cannabis! Gonna wach your grow for sure :)

Golli

Hello Golli!

I've seen ur awesome thread, got a bit inspired of it. Yeah, it's kinda lonely here up in the valley's haha!
Going to be fun to share the experience here instead of just a discussion with me, myself and I ;)

Since the pics turned out too small to see shit, I'll try this instead..

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 11
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 14

gorilla ganja

What a lovely spot you have there. But all that space and you squish them into 2 small beds, gonna get crowded.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge

Peace GG

M

metsäkana

minus males it could be ok, further way looks like it could get too wet. also if that spot had good natural soil i would select it too its hard to find deep soil on some parts of scandinavia

NorthernSoul

nice beautiful spot
What a lovely spot you have there. But all that space and you squish them into 2 small beds, gonna get crowded.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge

Peace GG
Thanks guys!

Nature will do the first survival selection, then I'm doing second selection and removing all the slackers.
Sexing will remove ~50%, and I'll probably do another selection. In the end I will have 5-10 strong plants.
But tight it is!

Will expand this spot next year. Had one more spot with nearly perfect conditions but the damn moose decided to smash the whole bed..
Need to put up a fence until next year.

Sincerely, NS!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
Great start NorthernSoul
It will be fun to learn more about the Scandinavian cannabis scene

I hope you don’t mind if I ask questions
How long is your growing season in Scandinavia?
You mentioned you have grown before
Was your set up the same?
How big did your plants get?
Regular scandanavian genetics sounds interesting
Are these seeds you bred yourself or local bagseed?

Best of luck, brother
I will definitely be following along and cheering for you

NorthernSoul

minus males it could be ok, further way looks like it could get too wet. also if that spot had good natural soil i would select it too its hard to find deep soil on some parts of scandinavia
I'm not so worried about it'll get to wet. The natural soil under the bed is nearly non-existent, the stream next to the spot is man made, so the ground is mostly rocks from the stream.
I've put a bunch of logs and decomposted plants in the bottom, then about 1000L soil upon that.

But the landscape around is somewhat a swamp so I understand the concerns.

I watered with about 50L the day before planting and 10L after planting. Last year I watered one more time during the season.

M

metsäkana

yeah i ment that looks like swamp and lowground on background

yeah we have so low temperatures here and lots of humidity and rain mostly everyweek

this year in finland it was extra dry may, i think i lost some plants becouse of that.. some spots i cant get water to there are so many .D

i think they are trying to dry up swamps in scandinavia to get more land for trees and agriculture

NorthernSoul

Great start NorthernSoul
It will be fun to learn more about the Scandinavian cannabis scene

I hope you don’t mind if I ask questions
How long is your growing season in Scandinavia?
You mentioned you have grown before
Was your set up the same?
How big did your plants get?
Regular scandanavian genetics sounds interesting
Are these seeds you bred yourself or local bagseed?

Best of luck, brother
I will definitely be following along and cheering for you
Thanks!
Don't mind at all.

Varies year to year, around may can you put out your seeds/plants.
Earlier with a greenhouse ofc. Harvest as soon as possible before mold in sep-oct.

Setup has been about the same thru the years, spots has gotten a bit bigger and more fertilizers.

Tallest plant, Guerilla Gold#3 got around 2m and looked like a freaking christmas three.

Most strains I've grown are from a danish seed-forum shop and a few packs from forum dudes.

Just throw more questions at me if you are wondering something.
Happy to hear u'll join in! :)

NorthernSoul

yeah i ment that looks like swamp and lowground on background

yeah we have so low temperatures here and lots of humidity and rain mostly everyweek

this year in finland it was extra dry may, i think i lost some plants becouse of that.. some spots i cant get water to there are so many .D

i think they are trying to dry up swamps in scandinavia to get more land for trees and agriculture
It would be possible to grow in the swamp/lowground and I want to try. But the place is full with fire ants.
Was out there scouting for a spot and got ambushed by the small fuckers, like a dog I learned my lesson.

Now that you say it, I've seen that they're digging canals/streams in a lot of "swamps" nearby.
Pretty high % swamp vs forest in my area so it's understandable.

Golli

It would be possible to grow in the swamp/lowground and I want to try. But the place is full with fire ants.
Was out there scouting for a spot and got ambushed by the small fuckers, like
a dog I learned my lesson.

Now that you say it, I've seen that they're digging canals/streams in a lot of "swamps" nearby.
Pretty high % swamp vs forest in my area so it's understandable.

Not so good for egological enviroments thoe. Those swamps is doing there thing so it is not good to fuck with the nature like Humans doing/have been doing for so loong now. Actally it would be possible to grow strigh into the swamps if people only used simple skilz. We humans are ot suppose to grow such a big comercial crops. Humans have always been fixing food our self to survive. Even for 50 years ago everyone had pigs, rabits and potatos in the ground. Nowdays it is more modern to grow than survival if you understand what i mean? hehehe

How did your GG#3 work out for you? Christmas tree your said? How was the smooke for you? :tiphat:

Golli

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Varies year to year, around may can you put out your seeds/plants.
Earlier with a greenhouse ofc. Harvest as soon as possible before mold in sep-oct.

I will be following along as well!
I put my first outdoor plant out this year in western Washington state, outdoor planting time is the same and climate & weather are real similar. As well as rainy harvest time fears lol.

Ive been really curious how weed performs outdoors in climates like ours. Could you give some previous full season may-september per plant yields and estimated plant size LxWxH?

Approximately what % of a crop would you say on average you lose to bud rot?

M

metsäkana

Soil greenhouse gases change as climate changes
Gas measurements at Lake Pallasjärvi. Photo by Niko Silvan.

Northern soils account for only three percent of Earth's land area, but they are stored for one third of all soil carbon and account for about one-half of carbon atmospheric. Finland's natural seas (over 4 million hectares) are a major carbon dioxide mine. They are estimated to accumulate about 1.3 Tg (= Mt) per year. On the other hand, natural nets are the main source of atmospheric methane due to oxidative disintegration. Methane is a 25 times stronger carbon dioxide than carbon dioxide, which is why natural seas warm the climate.

Temperature and groundwater level affect carbon dioxide and methane flows in the moors. It is estimated that a three-degree rise in northern areas would increase evaporation so that the summer groundwater levels of the mires would be 10-20 cm below. Such changes are expected to affect the mineralization of nitrogen and thus the amount of nitrogen available to plants. In time, the original salt pad can be completely replaced by modified species.

Forest hunting is assumed to have the same type of drying effects as vegetation, microbial activity and, consequently, fluid trends of the peat ecosystems, as compared to global warming. The study compares the carbon balance and the factors influencing the natural and the drained soils in different climatic regions and small-scale heating experiments in different marshlands.
Biological production of natural grass and microbial communities change as a result of warming and drying

According to our results, the decrease of groundwater level with the northern aapas by about 15 cm increased the activity of microbes and the degradation of organic matter, as a result of which the carbon dioxide flow increased threefold. On the other hand, as the terrestrial cargo production increased, the coal flow to the ground grew. Changes were also seen in the macular microbial composition so that the proportion of fungi increased in relation to the bacteria when drying the veins. Drying of the swine seems to increase the amount of mushrooms, and certain mushrooms can be of particular benefit. Actinobacterist species ("frogs") does not seem to be particularly sensitive to drying the stomach. The low dryness of the vein also had a clear effect on the communities and activity of both methane-producing and methane-oxidizing bacteria: both the methane emissions measured on the ground and the methane potential in the laboratory decreased significantly.

Even with a slight decrease in water level in the southern temperate zone, changes in the structure of microbial communities were observed, and the change was more prominent with a high-nutrient and more moderate fusion type. Although the mushroom community, in particular, reacts strongly to minor changes, the changes may vary with different types of fungus. The change in dryness caused by vegetation and the quality of the slurry produced by it contributed more to the composition of the disintegrating communities as well as to the decomposition activity than, for example, the nutrient content of the site. With drying, the bark production increased and the slowly decomposing blade became more. Especially in rugged vegetation, lump production was in the long run larger than disintegration. Due to dewatering and vegetation changes, the surface peat temperature was clearly lower compared to the natural ditch.

According to our research results, the changes caused by drying both in aerobic and anaerobic microbial communities and in their activity are higher in wet and lush soils than with drier and caribbean. If climate change reduces the summer's surface water, the methane emissions of wet mires will be considerably reduced. This can have a significant global warming effect. Even though carbon dioxide emissions from peat grow as a result of warming, at least rough rivers remain as charcoal sinks due to increasing propagation of vegetation.
The effects of heating and drying on greenhouse gases were also found in the chamber experiments

During the summer of 2008-2010, the effects of heating and water level on carbon dioxide, methane and nitric oxide balance were studied in three medium-sized, oligotrophic hinges. Greenhouse gases were measured in natural areas and areas where the surface of groundwater was reduced to 15 cm or 30 cm. The heating effect was achieved by open-air chambers. The chambers raised an effective temperature sum (+5 ºC threshold) depending on the amount of the stock 100-108 d.d.

According to our research results, carbon binding of the soils decreased as a result of warming and drying. Drying had a more significant effect on carbon balance than heating. Drying decreased especially emissions of methane, but also the heating had a low methane emission reduction effect at natural measurement points. The treatments had no effect on nitric oxide emissions.
Greenhouse gas calculations require nationwide information on the effects of drainage on greenhouse gas emissions by different types of fossil fuels

Forest fission accelerates the digestive activity in the surface of the pelvis. On the other hand, drainage also changes the vegetation and the quantity and quality of the bark production. The total effect of drainage on the carbon balance depends on the change in relation to the yield of barley and the spread of peat and peat.

Of the permanent probing areas of the 8th National Forest Inventory (VMI 8), 70 test areas were selected for greenhouse gas balance in 2007 and 2008. The aim was to produce generalized estimates of carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide streams in forest-borne soils for all types of turkey types.
Figure 1. Total respiratory depression (■) and heterotrophic breathing (■) decrease as the mammary nutrition decreases. Ptkg and Vatkg are fiery drifted calls, Mtkg and Rhtkg are lively call. Janas represent the internal variation of growth sites.
Carbon production depends on nutrient nutrition

According to our results, carbon dioxide emissions are the highest in densely populated soils and are reduced when the site of growth becomes weaker (Figure 1). However, the variation is large within each type of plant site. The abundance of trees and the deep groundwater surface increase groundwater.

The emissions of heterotrophic digestive soils in the soil are approximately the same as the average for the whole country, as compared to current greenhouse gas emission estimates for greenhouse gas emissions, which are based on much less extensive regional data.
Methane emissions are reduced after drainage

Drainage reduces the groundwater level and increases the thickness of the acidic surface layer. When the oxygen content of the surface layer increases, methane-producing microbes are not successful. Thus, the drainage reduces methane emissions, and the turf gasses even swell to methane juices. According to our estimation, the drainage areas in the ditching and alteration phase were low methane sources (1.16 g / m² / v), and the dewatering sites were small methane melts (0.28 g / m² / v).

The nitrous oxide emissions measured in the experimental fields were low and decreased from the nutrient grass guns (0.185 g / m² / v) to the stubble gutters (0.029 g / m²v). Previously in peatlands in agricultural use, the emissions can be considerably larger. Nitrous oxide is a potent greenhouse gas that can be generated in soil by oxidation and reduction processes in nitrogen.
Figure 2. The soils of the oars of oars (○) of the karus are on average the carbon sink, the soil of more dense soils (X) loses carbon. In droughts, the carbon loss increases as the heat sum increases.
Carbon production and dispersion play an important role in the carbon balance of drained soils

Although the rate of disintegration of the slopes increased due to the drainage, in the longer term, major changes in the number of slots and the quality of the slit resulted in much more organic material being deposited on the hard-disintegrating slots than on the corresponding natural site. This is why, at least in rugged vegetation types, the soil can remain carbon sink even after drying, even if the organic matter is disintegrated.

Changing vegetation, for example as a result of climate change or land use, is an important factor to secure the carbon-dynamic factor. Plant dynamics should be included in models designed to assess the effects of environmental change on the carbon cycle.
Estimates of the carbon balance of ditches

The carbon balance of the soils is based on groundwater measurements as well as estimates of the incoming carbon streams, ie underground and terrestrial crops of vegetation.

On roughly drained drainage areas (semi-hardwoods and weaker) soil is an average small charcoal drain, the magnitude of which does not depend on the thermal sum (Figure 2). In densely drained areas (blueberries and better), soil is a source of carbon, especially in southern Finland.
Figure 3. The current hibernium oxide in the drainage areas of the drainage areas is larger than lichen (○) on lush soils (X) and increases with the increase of the heat sum.

Immediately after the open cracking, the heterotrophic ground respiration of the dewatered mouth decreases, so logging in itself does not reduce the charcoal. Since in the open areas the juncture decreases radically, the peat turns into a net source of coal until the new vegetation again exceeds the amount of coal that is leaving in the decomposition.

The growing tree has a clear carbon sink in all drainage areas, and currently stands for carbon sink in the shrub

The results serve greenhouse gas reporting and guidance on the use of bogs

The enormous carbon reserves of northern peatlands are subject to major threats due to global warming. Therefore, research and monitoring of the carbon sink changes and the factors affecting them are indispensable. In Finland VMIs have been set up to monitor the long-term change in soil carbon stock for observing the thickness of the entire peat layer and the active layer of peat layers. The results from the experimental fields can be used in the national greenhouse gas inventory or in calculating regional greenhouse gas balances.

In roughly drained areas, forestry seems to be climate-resistant in the long run. In densely populated areas, the carbon sinks in drainage areas depend on tree growth. In the long run, this will lead to the transformation of these sites into the net sources of carbon unless the carbon-bound coal can be stored by some means.

Authors: Timo Penttilä, Niko Silva, Paavo Ojanen, Krista Peltoniemi and Tytti Sarjala

Project leader: Senior Research Scientist Tytti Sarjala
Other researchers: Jukka Alm, Tiina Badorek, Markus Hartman, Juha Heiskanen, Jukka Laine, Timo Penttilä, Pekka Pietiläinen, Niko Silva, Riina Mäkelä and Jaana Vuosku
Project 3491: The effects of climate change on peatland carbon and nitrogen rotation
Project publications

https://www.metla.fi/ohjelma/mil/loppuraportti/sarjala.htm

hope it makes sense i used google translate :DP

does anyone have some good research about drying swamp vs not drying emissions data

Last edited:

NorthernSoul

Not so good for egological enviroments thoe. Those swamps is doing there thing so it is not good to fuck with the nature like Humans doing/have been doing for so loong now. Actally it would be possible to grow strigh into the swamps if people only used simple skilz. We humans are ot suppose to grow such a big comercial crops. Humans have always been fixing food our self to survive. Even for 50 years ago everyone had pigs, rabits and potatos in the ground. Nowdays it is more modern to grow than survival if you understand what i mean? hehehe

How did your GG#3 work out for you? Christmas tree your said? How was the smooke for you? :tiphat:

Golli
Haha true that!
The GG#3 was killing it, had two plants in a 200L raised bed.
I put them out pretty late that year so they didn't get fully mature before chop. Well tasting and a nice uplifting smoke.
Early bud pic attached.

I will be following along as well!
I put my first outdoor plant out this year in western Washington state, outdoor planting time is the same and climate & weather are real similar. As well as rainy harvest time fears lol.

Ive been really curious how weed performs outdoors in climates like ours. Could you give some previous full season may-september per plant yields and estimated plant size LxWxH?

Approximately what % of a crop would you say on average you lose to bud rot?
Welcome!
I've never weighed my crop, so can't give a good answer about yield.
Last year the harvest from two plants, lasted for about 4 months for me, smoking AW everyday.

A good spot with much airflow and sun and a bit of luck, has held the percentage down really low. Guessing ~5%.

Attached some pics from 2015, early flowering GG#3.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 13

NorthernSoul

hope it makes sense i used google translate :DP

does anyone have some good research about drying swamp vs not drying emissions data
I think I'll have to read this a couple of times until I fully understand :D
It's interesting, need to get more knowledge about our earth I can tell.

M

metsäkana

I think I'll have to read this a couple of times until I fully understand :D
It's interesting, need to get more knowledge about our earth I can tell.

agreed. i think reason for drying them is trying to controll methane emissions. i would like to know if it works. well i like it i get more growing room =) if its also benificial even better

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
nice color in the first pic
how long were you able to let that one flower for?

four months smoke is great from two plants
how does it compare to what you would get otherwise?
/and how much is AW

good luck on the grow!
hopefully you can produce enough to sustain yourself for this whole year

Latest posts

Latest posts