What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BEST Bong on the market? Runners up?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
:laughing:
So, ahhh have a chance to try the disc perc yet?? Really curious to hear whatcha think!
PS: Any milk shots??

Best of luck finding your Mobius, Mo!!
:witch:

No not on tokecity man.

Definitely prefer percs, but for many years you couldn't separate me from a nice straight tube classic bong.

Yep, me and threeeleven have been hitting it all weekend - hits super smooth, clears quick, and has a bit more chug than the regular matrix perc. Check this out -

[YOUTUBEIF]6TFxcNhBRGI[/YOUTUBEIF]

Was NOT impressed with the new designs, i turned them down at two shops....

WAS impresses by a HISI colab with WHELLANS in Berkeley. gridded perk disk oil rig, stacked bubbles like a champ and only $300...

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
^^^ Mr.BJ, are you on tokecity? do you like percs more than regular tubes?

I've always liked the classic straight tubes the best. I have this one 18" german roor straightshot that hits like no other.

i've always owned and used straight tubes...

can someone tell me what the perc diffusers do? how the fuck do you clean those things....?

i think when i do invest in something nice i will definitely need some type of vapor swing arm as an accessory.

i gotta spend some time on youtube checking out some of these suggestions you all have made...

:tiphat:

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Was NOT impressed with the new designs, i turned them down at two shops....
I could not agree more, I think nearly everyone was a bit disappointed w/ the new percs...
(Edit: I was referring to the pentagram and diamond designs as disappointing, the disc perc, (which I forgot was new-new when I made the post), looks awesome!)
We're def. still in the market/looking for a stereo...it is ridiculous, so I still give Mobius props for innovation and sick function!

Glad to hear Mo is a convert too!! ;) :woohoo:

We'll all have to take/post milk shots! :blowbubbles:
I demand milk shots!!!

Last edited:

AKDrifter

I am curious about all the doo dads as well, percs, and diffusers. How much better do they make a bong. And some posters claiming Roor, or another expensive brand " the best". I am just curious what makes these high priced bongs better than an inexpensive one?

I understand the thicker, tougher glass will cost more and be more durable, and some color schemes can be viewed as the craftsmanship/art aspect so will cost more. But performance wise, a bong is a pretty low tech piece of gear, draw smoke through cool water.........and then decide on what volume of smoke works best ie, size for your personal preference.

Not at all trying to start a pissing match or heated debate, but I would like to know what you folks feel improves the performance of a bong? I am always up to improve on my rig.
I just broke a Magic glass ice tower that I thought was kick ass, very simple but effective. I have a MG moonwalker on the way.

Before these two I made a million home brew pieces that all worked, but am trying to see what I have been missing.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The best pieces is always Glass on Glass on Glasssssssssssssssssssss

Has to be easy to clean also.... thats a very big deal....some of these new pieces with all these extra chambers and ash catchers seem like a pain in the ass to clean....

Nothing like smoking a huge bong load to the head out of nice clean glass bong...mmmmm time to get mine ready!

krunchbubble

Veteran
I am curious about all the doo dads as well, percs, and diffusers. How much better do they make a bong. And some posters claiming Roor, or another expensive brand " the best". I am just curious what makes these high priced bongs better than an inexpensive one?

I understand the thicker, tougher glass will cost more and be more durable, and some color schemes can be viewed as the craftsmanship/art aspect so will cost more. But performance wise, a bong is a pretty low tech piece of gear, draw smoke through cool water.........and then decide on what volume of smoke works best ie, size for your personal preference.

Not at all trying to start a pissing match or heated debate, but I would like to know what you folks feel improves the performance of a bong? I am always up to improve on my rig.
I just broke a Magic glass ice tower that I thought was kick ass, very simple but effective. I have a MG moonwalker on the way.

Before these two I made a million home brew pieces that all worked, but am trying to see what I have been missing.

Thay are basically an added chamber of filtration...

There are a few different designs, gooseneck, dome, and tree perc....

They each draw smoke through an upstem and then this is where the three differ in design....

The gooseneck is just like it says, shaped like a gooseneck(also like a ?) and the tip is submerged in water so that it will filter the water....

The dome is an upstem inside of a dome, and the dome has holes on the bottom. If water is above the holes...the smoke travels up the upstem, into the dome and then has to filter through the water to get out of the time....

A tree perc has an upstem and several arms, ranging from 3-8 that extend back down. Smoke is pulled through the upstem and distributed through the trees and filtered through the water....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_pipe_percolator

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran

honestly many of the prices, especially on things like roor, or illadelph, are drastically over priced.

They have many cheap china produced pipes that work fine. The problem is that many of the more intricate percolator designs are delicate, need to be blown correctly, and also to be a certain thickness, and reinforced to make sure they don't break.

So the cheap pieces are kinda famous for the percolators breaking off inside the pipe. Happened to one of mine. Granted I'm not going to spend $700 buying a US made model. But just to answer the question. Its the quality of craftsmanship.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
It's all about ease of cleaning for me. A multi-chambered bong is a BITCH to clean. A straight tube is much easier. Get an ash catcher for percolation.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Well said Motaco- you usually get what you pay for...
Cheap "china glass" seems to have tons of drag and super thin, fragile glass that is poor quality, has weak seems, is full of bubbles and nicks, and I've heard, that few are actually put in a kiln to finish...

I much prefer the effortlessness and smoothness of a functional set-up that is well made by someone with a reputation to protect.

And that is coming from someone who honestly couldn't justify the price in the beginning either...
...That is until I hit our first Toro, then I "got" it!

It seems to me that most of the people who "don't get it", haven't tried one yet or just can't get past the price...
Which is ok, to each their own- whatever makes you happy! :D
...and toking from a clean, functional, effortless piece, makes me very happy!!

If you want to see the difference, go to youtube and take a look at some of the video's people have posted...
...Of course, that said, there is nothing like trying one yourself!

AKDrifter

That's exactly what I was thinking. Cleaning has to be a nightmare on some of those complex designs.
Not to mention the more loose parts I need to clean seperately the more chance of breaking parts.

I was just curious if they are more a novelty or they really smoke that much better and are worth the extra $$.

Just spent some time checking out some of the reccomendations here, including the ToroS. Any suggestions on great quality with decent prices? Nattygurrl scared me with the Toro, just checked them out and holy bajebus!! they are steep.

GP73LPC

Veteran
i can't even begin to comprehend cleaning on one of those multi stem'd bongs...

btw, thanks for the wiki link Krunch... :good:

krunchbubble

Veteran
It's all about ease of cleaning for me. A multi-chambered bong is a BITCH to clean. A straight tube is much easier. Get an ash catcher for percolation.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Cleaning has to be a nightmare on some of those complex designs.
Not to mention the more loose parts I need to clean seperately the more chance of breaking parts.

I was just curious if they are more a novelty or they really smoke that much better and are worth the extra $$.

Just spent some time checking out some of the reccomendations here, including the ToroS. Any suggestions on great quality with decent prices? Nattygurrl scared me with the Toro, just checked them out and holy bajebus!! they are steep.

i can't even begin to comprehend cleaning on one of those multi stem'd bongs...

btw, thanks for the wiki link Krunch... :good:

Cleaning them is actually pretty easy, the key is TO NOT let them get grimy to begin with....

All i do is run hot water through the bong and ashcatcher and swish it around. if you dont let it cake on there in the first place, you don't need cleaning agents...

going to run some hot water through my Mobius and take a toke right now!

GP73LPC

Veteran
Cleaning them is actually pretty easy, the key is TO NOT let them get grimy to begin with....

All i do is run hot water through the bong and ashcatcher and swish it around. if you dont let it cake on there in the first place, you don't need cleaning agents...

going to run some hot water through my Mobius and take a toke right now!

easier said than done for a couchlock'd stoner :hide:

The Boys

hammerhead : is acetone alcohol ? and if it is, is it bad for the glass like rubbing alcohol ?

ps the "best bong" on the market is case specific, in other words, it depends what you want/need. i just bought the smallest bong iv ever had. my lung compacity isnt what it used to be. i cant take big hits anymore. so for me, having a big bong would be a waste of weed and money.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no its not the same. I have never herd of IPA being bad for glass. I use 70% or higher to clean my camera lenses. Some people use IPA instead of Acetone to clean there glass.. I have been using Acetone for many years. I mix it with some rock salt. Give it a gentle shake and rinse just like new..:)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'm not sure where you are located, but Needful Things smokeshop in Santa Cruz, CA has a full selection of Mobius Matrix-perc pieces right now.

do they carry sovereignty?

Krunch, I believe they do. Call first and make sure, but they have a good selection of Mobius and Sovereignty. The shop was just opened by the guys who own U.S. Tubes so they got all kinds of sick shit.

Latest posts

Latest posts