What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Mill's Pride Club

gdbud

m00nchild, I would think about replacing the cardboard back that the cabinet came with with a plywood one.
A plywood back will make the cabinet more stable and last longer.

M

m00nchild

Hey thanks for the suggestion. I've already thought of that, and I may still go ahead and do that, but for now it's actually pretty stable. I'm testing the waters, but it seems that by fortifying all the butt joints with liquid nails the cabinet is rather stable. The main problem I'm having at the moment is that the old ass wood floor in this 90 year old house is very uneven, so it's hard to get this thing leveled. I think I'm going to install adjustable legs under it.

But if it seems to need it, I'm definitely going to replace the back with a thin sheet of plywood. I just hooked up the 265 cfm dayton, secured it on one of the adjustable shelves, up at the top of the cab, and put some 1/4" thick weather stripping in strategic locations around the blower to absorb vibrations. It's pretty quiet, except for the sound of rushing air, but I think it will quiet down once I hook up the carbon scrubber.

I'll post more pics tomorrow.

Relentless

Veteran
im glad i found this thread.. right now i use tents, but im looking to go more stealth.. prob use a small dresser for my bonsai mums and i want to get a big cabinet or armoire for a 600..any help would be greatly appreciated on the cab for the 600. thx

foescan

Hey m00nchild, I have been using that same cab for a few years now. And quite successfully my last few grows, getting well over .5gpw. Up to now all with a 150w HPS, but I'm running a 250w magnetic ballest with CMH bulb on my latest grow, and plan to finish with HPS. Just waiting on a fan to make the switch happen and kick off flowering.

Interesting shelf configuration you have. I have a second 8" vent installed like that as well. The 4" round vents I tried to use instead were far too restrictive. What did you use for the back panel? I'm ready to ditch the luan sheet I have for something heavier.

attachment.php

That reflector is one of several I've been experimenting with...I'm working on one that slips inside the glass, but I may just go with one of those commercial reflectors that clamps onto the socket.

Attachments

• mg3.17.jpg
    mg3.17.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 38
M

m00nchild

WOW, very cool! You're the first person outside of myself I've seen using these cabs. Very nice, man! As for mine, I'm still using the original cardboard back that came with the cab, and I'll probably keep using it until it rips or otherwise degrades. I like how you left that middle shelf out, because I might end up eventually doing the same thing, and just making a new cabinet for vegging. But yes, for now, I've got the middle shelf in there, and darkroom louvers separating both halfs.

Come make a post in the new club thread, the Cab Club. Click on the link in my sig. Thanks for posting foescan! :)

M

m00nchild

Oh, by the way, how are you finding the stability of the thing, using it without the middle shelf? Also, are you keeping temps close to ambient with that cooltube setup? Right now, I have just a sheet of glass under the reflector and I don't think it's working that well. And where are your intakes at?

floydfanx6

ets make a grow tent/cabinet completly stealth idea!! help
ok guys heres the deal i have a grow tent and i have had good results with it.
the problem:
A grow tent from the exterior looks like a grow tent ?

this isnt really cutting it for me anymore .i have my tent in a closet in my kitchen,,i want it to look like a basic shelf or cabinet,not a tent inside a closet

so here lies 2 options we have
1) buy a storage cabinet like the mills pride ones that are discontinued,make it look like a ordinary cabinet
2) build some kind of frame around my tent and make some sort of fake front to make it look not like a tent
I NEED THIS FOR UNDER 200$

my dimensions im looking for ideally are 2.3 ft X1.4 ft X 8 FT
i plan to segment it into a veg/flower area, but i have to have at least 5--8 foot in height with the other dimensions aprox
eeeep!! help

anyone know how to take a c-13 apart. I have an old one in my basement that has not been modded I want to take apart and bring upstairs.

Edit: never mind I got it.

anyone know how to take a c-13 apart. I have an old one in my basement that has not been modded I want to take apart and bring upstairs.

Edit: never mind I got it.

Glad to hear you found a "relic"!

I love my C13. I've run a 400W HPS in it with Waterfarms and I get 4-5 ounces of bud per grow. Not a great yield, but better than nothing. If you have a 250W lamp, give that a go, first. The 400W lamp is a tad too big and hot for my taste in the C13.

Best of luck to you!

diebold

Thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread over the years... I'm in the process of making my own stealth cab based on a KMART Sauder cabinet, using the skills that you folks have posted in here and also in the infamous GROW-POD thread. Pics to come when I'm not embarrassed by my laziness in finishing what I started.

kjz71521

What cabs are simular to the c-model cabs everyone is running on this thread. Does home depot or Ikea carry something close..? I need a lil more diameter space. Im cool with the grow bar I have now, but im already setting plans for my next cab.

This is me now

Heres my first run as a newb to farmin

Can I get some imput from tha O.G. Growerz out there about cab selection for a prepetual ngb..

przcvctm

Edit-learned how to grow my own at OG because of Maliboo's inventiveness. Thank you Maliboo, wherever you are.

Last edited:

sumo

wassup?

wassup?

Hey I just dismantled my c13 cabinet for first time since I built it 12-13 years ago. Its been in mostly continuous use and has paid for itself over 120 times over what I paid to build it. Thanks Maliboo! I'm moving. I am disposing of all particle board parts but will fire it up again in some other form with a new cabinet.

Attachments

• 20170709_234021.jpg
    20170709_234021.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20170709_234218.jpg
    20170709_234218.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Latest posts