What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Northern Lights breeder?

eyes

Veteran
For me the Atomic NL's were similar in taste and high to the NL5 I used to buy in Coffeeshops in the 90s. The pheno on the pics was very sour.
For NL1 I have Coastal's Black Domina x Nl1 that throws out phenos that taste and hit exactly like NL1.

Below was a small Atomic NL clone sent straight into flowering.
View Image

I really like the way those look. My joeys are much different. I may have to throw some pics up if I can get the images from camera and get em posted through this proxy.

I ran Peaks NL a few years back and had a variegated crinkle leaf pheno that put out some rock hard buds that were sour. His NL is your typical squat NL with a nice high. I would imagine you could find a nice pheno if you dug through a few beans, cheap too. Peaks NL doesn’t have any sativa effects like some do. He’s working with a haze recently so I’m thinking he’s going to rework his NL line.
Too bad BCSC wasn’t still putting out great genetics like they use to. I had a NL#5 pheno in my pack of Couchlock (NL#5 x Afghani) that was something else.

Fitzera

I ran Peaks NL a few years back and had a variegated crinkle leaf pheno that put out some rock hard buds that were sour. His NL is your typical squat NL with a nice high. I would imagine you could find a nice pheno if you dug through a few beans, cheap too. Peaks NL doesn’t have any sativa effects like some do. He’s working with a haze recently so I’m thinking he’s going to rework his NL line.
Too bad BCSC wasn’t still putting out great genetics like they use to. I had a NL#5 pheno in my pack of Couchlock (NL#5 x Afghani) that was something else.

Mike J says hes trying to entice the terpenes out through selection..curious where he ends up with it

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Mike J says hes trying to entice the terpenes out through selection..curious where he ends up with it
I also had that krinkle leaf pheno pop up. All the plants with it would lack vigor and often died right beside their siblings that thrived. I chatted with him and he said he's been doing a lot of work with NL recently and said he likes what he's seeing. I got 3 packs of Northern Skunk I'm waiting to run. Always wanted to give it a go since I like his NL, and Sweet Skunk is his personal favorite.

Fitzera

I also had that krinkle leaf pheno pop up. All the plants with it would lack vigor and often died right beside their siblings that thrived. I chatted with him and he said he's been doing a lot of work with NL recently and said he likes what he's seeing. I got 3 packs of Northern Skunk I'm waiting to run. Always wanted to give it a go since I like his NL, and Sweet Skunk is his personal favorite.

Interesting...ive got a pack of the NL from a few years ago...I'll keep that in mind when I get around to popping them.
I've been meaning to pop the Northern Skunk too! I don't know why I keep choosing something else when I know how good it will be