What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any bass players out there?

well i havent seen the bass player's thread so if there is one floating around out there somewhere, i apologize.

i've been playin for about 13yrs now and i have an ibanez 4 string with a 300w gallien krueger. i like primus, RHCP, victor wooten among many others.
i like to play funk the most. i believe that blues is to guitar as funk is to bass.

now i would like to think that everyone out there that plays bass, plays because they love it, but if you just play bass cuz you suck at guitar, :pointlaug well you are welcome here too. :wave: (and you know who you are) lol jus kiddin.

so if you love to thump....lets hear about it :headbange

kindroyale

i can play a bass, but i spend most of my music time playing guitar and singing/songwriting. wish we could hook up, i need a bassist...

love, kr

I dont play but i definitly respect your craft. Without bass alot of songs would sounds empty. Props to you and your instrument!

G

We could get funky! I think we are from the same neck of the woods. I play guitar, my best friend plays drums and we love the funk, the blues, heavy metal...
Any good music!

Rock on! :sasmokin:

Howdy.. :wave:
Guitarist here..Just got a RO100A Modeling Guitar Precessor for Xmas..Thing freakin rocks.. :headbange
Never played bass before, but id love to give it a try....PEACE

just goes to show, bass players are a dying breed :confused:

kindroyal: if there was a way i would definitely jam with you, i love to play with every musician i meet :wave:

onewingedimp: you should try, its fun. btw thnx for the props :woohoo:

willie nillie: we probably live within an hour of each other (if i had to guess) :chin: ya'll in a band? or just get together and mess around like we do?
how long you been playin?

1TT:you should get a bass too! :violin:

pedro de pacas:that's a cool processor i think my buddy has one like it :confused: but i'm not positive. you ever tried to play a bass? i still trip out on how different it is from guitar. i'll pick up a guitar and it feels like i'm gonna break it,lol.

i used to grow: cool....go get a bass....lol

James Morrison

~*MR.MOJORISIN*~
Fellow musician here....

I love jammin on the base. Such a different instrument than guitar note and sound, tone and feeling wise, while being the same physically.

Enjoy!!!

Merman

Bass player here.... I've been playing a Peavey Forum 5-string for a couple of years after going through many cheapo instruments. The Peavey is middle-o-the-line, but plays just great for me. Gotta luv that big 'B'!

I've been looking into getting one of these puppies but I can't find one to actually play. Price is about $700 online. Getting good reviews on the bass forums for an EUB. Would be great to have the upright fretless sound without carrying around a full-sized carcass to gigs!

My latest project is a 1973 Fender MusicMaster 4-string fretless with 3/4 neck. Picked it up at a garage sale years ago for almost nothing. I cleaned it up then and played it a bit, but it needed lots of work (which = $$$) I didn't have. Pulled it down from the rafters last week and started up again.
Its gonna rock when I get it done! I'll post a bass refurbish thread for the hell of it!

It originally looked like this:

The pickguard was broken when I bought it and the paint was beyond repair so I'm sanding it down again (will finish with sunburst style), new bridge and nut, probably new tuners, new pickup and electronics.... is it worth it? This one is selling for $780.00 all original parts... I will probably be into it for about $300.00. Its a player for me so I don't care if its worth anything to anybody else.

ROCK ON!

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
pepelepew098 said:
just goes to show, bass players are a dying breed :confused:

well my son has played bass since he was 12 and is a pretty good player
unfortunately he's still too young to be a member here
this is him playing Bass & guitar filmed about a year ago when he was 15
I was teaching him how to do video editing and this is what he put together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fRAbSHawxQ

my youngest son 11 also plays a bit of bass but he's more into his Sax

OP

S

Stone Skunk

I hold up the low end in a reggae band, though we really dont get to jam that much anymore. When I was younger I played in a few punk bands but playing bass in a reggae band is just so much fun. I have a Mexican Fender Jazz bass that I love.

yea op he rocks

willie: blues rules! ya must be pretty good on guitar

SS: never played reggae, i should start, plenty of good bass lines in reggae, mon

Merman

Just thought I'd give this humble thread a bump....

After a great deal of deliberation about getting an EUB standup I decided that what I really wanted was that fretless sound. So I decided to go from this:

To THIS!!!!

Unfortunately, this is an EvilBay purch. Its definitely on the low end for basses (less than $300) but, damn.... I think its worth the price of admission, its Korean made I think. Hard to find even a used fretless 5-string for less than $500. Most of the Craigs list stuff is far more than that.

It needed to be set up by someone who knows what they're doing. My local tuneshop luthier does a nice job.... Doesn't have an attitude about working on cheaper instruments. Anyway, its plays alot better with new strings and a proper going over. Flatwound strings are freakin' killer.... so mellow, BUT this bass has active electronics so every one of those mellow tones can come across to punch you in the chest!

I've not played fretless much but this thing makes it easy, its really helping me get my pitch trained... just dig that mmmwwwwaaaahh sound!

As long as I'm bumping this thread.... :chin:

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
Bass? 8 years.

holybest.jpg

Cloverleaf Customs R254 zebrawood [my own make]
Schecter custom 5
SWR Workingpro 700

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts