What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Great White (beneficial bacteria and fungi)

Hydro shop guy told me he checked the ingredients and MykosWP is the same ingredient for ingredient as Great White and WAAAAY cheaper. I’ve ran it this run and the plants look good... so whatever... we’ll see.. I haven’t compared myself yet

Here’s a pic...

I'm going to ask a very stupid question. Is this water soluble? I used some from that same company and had very mixed results with it in Hydro but it wasn't that specific type from that Xtreme label. Do they make a water soluble Mykos as I wasn't aware of it if they do?

BerrySeal

I'm still a relatively new growers so I'm sure I'll have trouble identifying the benefits and results. Are there any signs I should be looking for to determine if the plants are utilizing it?

The benefits of Great White? Yeah, just use your imagination like recommended.

Probably the only thing I don't source in the wild
https://wallacewow.com/products/wallace-organic-wonder-best-mycorrhizal-fungi-for-sale-1-pound

Of course I'm reality driven not a nut rider.

SaToRi_GrOwS

I'm going to ask a very stupid question. Is this water soluble? I used some from that same company and had very mixed results with it in Hydro but it wasn't that specific type from that Xtreme label. Do they make a water soluble Mykos as I wasn't aware of it if they do?
The answer to your ? Is yes it is water soluble and works great in hydro also.

Bobby Boucher

Mine went bad before I got a chance to use any substantial amount of it.

I just add a knife hit of gh's a+b along with some great white and blackstrap to a tablespoon of ancient forest in a pint of water, aerate it for 24 hrs, strain, and add to res in the last few weeks of flower in place of any bleach of disinfectant.

I've been hesitant use anything organic in my res though ever since I installed a ph doser, for fear that any slime would throw off my readings and cause my controller to start spewing ph up into my soup. If anyone cares to confirm or deny this suspicion, that'd be great. I would very much like to keep using BB's, but I think I remember reading in the bluelab manual to not use the controller in conjunction with any organic nutrients (and therefor, assumedly, anything organic). :/

I've used Great White,i prefer to use Trichoderma harzianum,i have used Rootsheid from Bioworks and Dora Rootguard from China,All have good effect to protect roots.

Besides,it's important to check the date of manufacture for Microbes.

svrn

I use Dragonfly Earth Medicine Lush roots.

I sprinkle it on roots at every transplant and always have white exploding roots!

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
Xtreme Gardening Mykos is only one fungus - Glomus intraradices
Great white has the same fungus but Xtreme contains more of Glomus intraradices
Great white contains many other species and strains

Elite 91 mycojordan is the highest concentration of Glomus intraradices that I have found

therevverend

Veteran
I'm curious how much of this stuff sticks around in the soil over winter. Or if you have to inoculate it year to year. I'm thinking probably quite a bit, I'm still seeing white fungus when I dig around in the soil. Stems and leaves are getting munched and broken down.

I have a potato bed that grows right into my ganja patch every year. Last summer I was digging potatoes right up to the fringes of my ganja. There was a mat of roots and mycelium coming out from the ganja plant into the potato bed like a carpet. I was pulling potatoes out from underneath it. Now I wish I'd taken a picture.

Fixer

Absolutely love this stuff. I've used it for a couple of seasons and it really does have a dramatic effects on my plants' roots and growth. I really love it but my only complaint is how pricey it is. You'll burn $30-100 worth of it every grow in hydro. But is worth it.

I've tried using cheaper Myco companies my last few seasons but nothing works as well in my experience. If any of you have found a cheaper alternative that works as well, I'd love to know.

A commercial grower I respect uses Mykos granular and WP along with Azos in coco. I've used a product similar to Xtreme Tea in DWC and it prevents root slime. I'm sold on beneficial bacteria.

I posted a tutorial on making your own tea. You can save some $ if you start with someones product and propagate the microbes yourself.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=363371 :tiphat:

Fixer

I’ve actually just been dusting the rootball during transplants and top dressing occasionally with it and watering it in.

Humm. Any idea what you end up spending per plant, per grow? There are so many products out there it's hard to choose.

troutman

Seed Whore
I used my entire 1 ounce shaker today to feed all my 100+ Guerilla plants. :biggrin:

I didn't measure. I just sprinkled some in my water container and mixed it up and watered each plant with some.

Oh yeah, my 2 little worm bins also got some. :)

Fixer

It looks like you can save some $ by buying larger quantities. I think I'm going to give it a spin. Thanks! troutman & Vanilla Phoenix :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts