What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Highest Yielding Outdoor Strains

LW Teller

New to growing and trying to narrow down my selection for next year. I'm in the SE USA and looking for both Photo & Auto that are best suited for outdoor grows, High Yielding and don't require too much attention. I could see them once a week but these are not going to be in my backyard.

green-genes77

Veteran
Blueberry Headband from Emerald Triangle. Beastly yields, nice quality, early October finish and highly pathogen resistant.

browntrout

Veteran
PeakseedsBC NorthernSkunk can get truly massive buds, but I didn't get much of a smell or taste when I grew her. Also Dutch Passion Green Spirit hybrids were downright ridiculous in bud size.

Really depends on finishing time for your climate & growing capability. If you have a November plant that is a known yielder in a September climate you'll likely not end up with much.

Hey man, for the type of growing your wanting to do, research strains that are mold resistant and drought resistant and go from there. I know the highest yielding plants on the market seems appealing but a solid tough strain with “good” yields is absolute gold when it comes to guerilla growing and not being able to tend to them every day. Best of luck to ya buddy :dance013:

And btw..I know nothing about blueberry headband nor have I researched it but going by what green genes said.. it sounds pretty good..

'Boogieman'

Dutch Passion Durban Poison is a mold resistant, very tough outdoor plant with good yeilds. I grew it the first time last year and im growing again this year.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Im in North East Ky. Not quite South East South East I consider South Carolina, Georgia, East Tennessee, North Carolina.

But for huge production, look into the
Swami Organic Seeds

RKS/Uruapan is Michoacán Mexico. Huge Sativa.

Blue Orca x RKS/Uruapan.
Blue Orca Haze
Cherry Bomb... Maui Wowie.. Real Shit from Mr Greengenes. 1979 IBL
Cherry Bomb x RKS/Uruapan
THE ONE x RKS/Uruapan
Purple Zebra x RKS/Uruapan
1988 Ltd Release Neviles NL5 x Haze. F5.

In the Fall.. Swami will have 88 NL5/Hz x 1985 NL5

Dominion Seed Company
Dominion Skunk

The Nature Farm Genetics.

To many to list coming this fall.

Be on the lookout for

Open Pollination Sk18
Nepali HP X Sk18
89 NL5 x Sk18

And about 30 more.

Follow all 3 on Instagram.

LW Teller

Thanks Guys. I have some early skunk going now but it appears to need more attention than you would want to give in a Guerilla Grow. I'll research some of these others and let yall know how it goes.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I wanted to run KC Brains KC 33....I used to chat with silverback a lot back before he passed and he got huge yields from KC 33. I had to settle for KCs Cristal Limit as KC 33 was sold out at the time. I used to run a lot of Dutch Passion stuff indoors that was great (WW,BB,Isis and so on). I'd love to get some DP outdoor stuff. In my book Dutch Passion has always been solid for me over the yrs. I'm running Female Seeds Critical Sour and they seem to be good outdoor plants. But I know around KY silverback loved those KC 33. I mainly ran indoors when we talked yrs ago so I never tried it until I wanted to run outdoor in wv this yr and remember him talking about that....also nirvana aurora indica....also sold out when I ordered my seeds lol.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
We should bump this.....highest yielding outdoor strain that YOUve ran and know or have a idea of the final harvest weight.

insomniac_AU

Hey man, for the type of growing your wanting to do, research strains that are mold resistant and drought resistant and go from there. I know the highest yielding plants on the market seems appealing but a solid tough strain with “good” yields is absolute gold when it comes to guerilla growing and not being able to tend to them every day. Best of luck to ya buddy :dance013:
Yeah I'm curious as to why high yielding plants are the first consideration? I'd be looking for strains that will flourish in the environment I am trying to grow in, then I'd look at mold and pest resistance and finally the quality of the end product which is key for me.

I wanted to run KC Brains KC 33....I used to chat with silverback a lot back before he passed and he got huge yields from KC 33. I had to settle for KCs Cristal Limit as KC 33 was sold out at the time. I used to run a lot of Dutch Passion stuff indoors that was great (WW,BB,Isis and so on). I'd love to get some DP outdoor stuff. In my book Dutch Passion has always been solid for me over the yrs. I'm running Female Seeds Critical Sour and they seem to be good outdoor plants. But I know around KY silverback loved those KC 33. I mainly ran indoors when we talked yrs ago so I never tried it until I wanted to run outdoor in wv this yr and remember him talking about that....also nirvana aurora indica....also sold out when I ordered my seeds lol.

Sorry man I drained all the KC33. I Bought them out every time somewhere restocked.. 5 or 6 times.. that was me. It’s pretty good.. not a consistent stable strain at all..sadly.. some phenos grow big some don’t.. we use to grow a lot more consistent plus HUGE strain right here in the hills.. so 2 years and a few hundred KC33’s later I’m just not that impressed (with there growth) .. I’m anxious to hear about what all monsters ppl put on here tho! :dance013:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hey you should add some of your grows to the New Outdoor Strain Guide. I decided to start a new one to get some new updated grows and info. All the new info could really help the community out and all the icmag members. Thanks

Satyros

I don't have a suggestion, but to clarify towards some of the replies:

Although there could be exceptions (such as swamps or mountains), generally, in the Southeast, there is no concern with mold from rain in September, and no concern with finishing times unless a pure equatorial plant needing to hit December or beyond.

For the most part, no frost until Halloween or into November.

There is a pretty wide open season from March to November, plenty of time to grow almost any plant as big as it can get. I have no clue on a per-strain basis what makes more than what, but if you have a place to do it, you could max out almost anything. On the other hand, strains that are adapted for cooler climates may not fare so well.

If we were allowed to do it, I believe it would give Oregon/NorCal a run for the money, with the twist of not usually needing things adapted towards the (relative) coolness and moisture. But yeah, the only options are guerilla or stealth, so we will be on a "trial and error" basis until who knows when.

Therefor I'd lean towards non-tropical sativas since almost any of them will blow away an indica over a full season, total opposite of an indoor situation where you can run more indica plants quicker. I just do small stealth plants, and, from this year's experiment, it seemed to me that Mandala is slanted towards the outdoor grower so I tried some of theirs. They are perhaps a bit sensitive as babies, but once they set in good, they really fly. One of mine rooted into the ground and turned into a tree much larger than its companions, so, I'm pretty sure in a true full season in-ground in this geographical area they would be massive, but if, per plant, they could compete with things already mentioned, I have no idea.