What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a pic Buckeyebandit sent me of the Cherry Mist. It's a serious kali mist x dr greenthumb Cherry bomb. Check this out he tied it down and it still grew up 14ft tall lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 20

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Here's a pic Buckeyebandit sent me of the Cherry Mist. It's a serious kali mist x dr greenthumb Cherry bomb. Check this out he tied it down and it still grew up 14ft tall lol

Very nice! I'm taking it's mostly a Sativa? Can you even grow a plant up north like that?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Very nice! I'm taking it's mostly a Sativa? Can you even grow a plant up north like that?

Well it's Kali Mist x Cherry Bomb....don't know if you remember Dr Greenthumb Cherryy bomb?? The Kali mist is serious seeds it's 85-90% sativa they say and the Cherry Bomb is a Hawaiian Sativa. N America indica hybrid supposedly....if not sure right off. But I'm not that far north really......I'm looking at pushing into the early Nov days hopefully. Plants usually start to flower late July. So I'd have Aug,Sept,Oct......I'm hoping for a mild Oct into Nov...but my avg 1st frost is around Nov.1. So who knows if that comes early,on time or late this yr. I guess in a decent world I could finish it, but who know....12wks I figured up....I'm not sure the flowering time but I was told early Nov so that's 12-14 weeks flowering. I guess I'm trying to say I hope to see one of them finish I started 5-6 seeds so we'll see!!!!!

JustSumTomatoes

Well it's Kali Mist x Cherry Bomb....don't know if you remember Dr Greenthumb Cherryy bomb?? The Kali mist is serious seeds it's 85-90% sativa they say and the Cherry Bomb is a Hawaiian Sativa. N America indica hybrid supposedly....if not sure right off. But I'm not that far north really......I'm looking at pushing into the early Nov days hopefully. Plants usually start to flower late July. So I'd have Aug,Sept,Oct......I'm hoping for a mild Oct into Nov...but my avg 1st frost is around Nov.1. So who knows if that comes early,on time or late this yr. I guess in a decent world I could finish it, but who know....12wks I figured up....I'm not sure the flowering time but I was told early Nov so that's 12-14 weeks flowering. I guess I'm trying to say I hope to see one of them finish I started 5-6 seeds so we'll see!!!!!

I'm actually not all that familiar in the Sativa department. I grow near 41 N and like to be done by mid October because of the rain and dying native foliage making buds stand out. Not to mention deer season starts on October 1st. We normally get freezes in November but the weather has been really weird in recent years and snow in October is not unheard of.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm actually not all that familiar in the Sativa department. I grow near 41 N and like to be done by mid October because of the rain and dying native foliage making buds stand out. Not to mention deer season starts on October 1st. We normally get freezes in November but the weather has been really weird in recent years and snow in October is not unheard of.

Yea I'm not well versed on growing Sativa outdoors here.....but it's hard to say no when I see a beautiful 15ft sativa and have seeds gifted to me to grow....I'm gonna give it hell. I'm a few ticks south of you....I understand it's not ideal to grow past mid OCt here and that's what I'd prefer but I'm giving it a shot. I'm looking for strains to finish In mid OCt. Most everything I'm growing should finish in Oct. I've just got these Cherry Bomb and a few Genius Thai I'm gonna put out or gift to my brother inlaw

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Azamax and Neem oil are both extracted from neem tree seeds. Either one should be fine to use on young plants, ive never had issues. I switched over to using the Neem oil because its cheaper. I reapply Diatomaceous Earth intermittently as the main repellent/preventative. Insects can develop immunity to the neem oil and azamax, so i wait to use them until i notice a problem (spidermites usually) and spray daily until they are gone.

Hey man I got some diatomaceous earth and another bottle of Neem....also got some other insect granular and things. Do you just dust your plants with DE??? Or to you mix a bit into your soil/ water it down a spray it???? Just kinda curious.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
i mix 2 tbsp of the diatomaceous earth with a gallon of water and spray it on the plants. i add it to my feed water intermittently as well.

JustSumTomatoes

Yea I'm not well versed on growing Sativa outdoors here.....but it's hard to say no when I see a beautiful 15ft sativa and have seeds gifted to me to grow....I'm gonna give it hell. I'm a few ticks south of you....I understand it's not ideal to grow past mid OCt here and that's what I'd prefer but I'm giving it a shot. I'm looking for strains to finish In mid OCt. Most everything I'm growing should finish in Oct. I've just got these Cherry Bomb and a few Genius Thai I'm gonna put out or gift to my brother inlaw

Go for it! I'd like to hear how it turns out. Maybe those Sativa genes will give you some protection against mold/mildew. I'm guessing some chilly nights will also encourage them to ripen a bit faster as well. I think they are very interesting, I've just stuck to Indica/Indica dominant hybrids cause I prefer a faster finishing crop and like something that helps me sleep. I would honestly like to give them a shot a some point. Could also be useful breeding material.

caliprop215

Veteran
Got cages up.... Little early but now i have somthing to tie the main branches down to let the inside growth become 30 plus tops. Ill be tieing down tomorrow. . 10 ft sections of fencing comes out to about 40 inches diameter.... Hopefully will be half that sativa pic from above LOL

Attachments

• 20180530_182244.jpg
    20180530_182244.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180530_182358.jpg
    20180530_182358.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 16

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Got cages up.... Little early but now i have somthing to tie the main branches down to let the inside growth become 30 plus tops. Ill be tieing down tomorrow. . 10 ft sections of fencing comes out to about 40 inches diameter.... Hopefully will be half that sativa pic from above LOL

You got a very nice grow going. Do you have your rabbit cages anchored down someway/how??? I don't have much rabbit wire(what us hillbillys call it) left. I've got a bunch of regular chicken wire front old cages I had from my chicken fighting days. I've got a few made I've zip tied then on the ends. I've got another day or so work removing brush, than gonna put insect granular/ and spray before I get started putting my containers were I want them. Keep the pics coming Cali.

caliprop215

Veteran
You got a very nice grow going. Do you have your rabbit cages anchored down someway/how??? I don't have much rabbit wire(what us hillbillys call it) left. I've got a bunch of regular chicken wire front old cages I had from my chicken fighting days. I've got a few made I've zip tied then on the ends. I've got another day or so work removing brush, than gonna put insect granular/ and spray before I get started putting my containers were I want them. Keep the pics coming Cali.
thanks man! Im happy so far...

No anchors yet but i will be using U stakes to hold them down.

I have seen people use chicken wire but i cant with big plants i feel my stems will be larger then the 1 inch holes.

I bought a 5 ft x 100ft roll for 100 bucks. Pretty expensive but its a must with big plants.

Keep up the hard work.once plants are in the ground not much work after that. Almost there man....

After weed eating the garden i noticed all my plabts have chew marks from bugs. I knocked them off their home and they found nEw ones on my plants.

Time to neem again

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
thanks man! Im happy so far...

No anchors yet but i will be using U stakes to hold them down.

I have seen people use chicken wire but i cant with big plants i feel my stems will be larger then the 1 inch holes.

I bought a 5 ft x 100ft roll for 100 bucks. Pretty expensive but its a must with big plants.

Keep up the hard work.once plants are in the ground not much work after that. Almost there man....

After weed eating the garden i noticed all my plabts have chew marks from bugs. I knocked them off their home and they found nEw ones on my plants.

Time to neem again

Yea I think the mendo dope guys use chicken wire.....it might be rebarb I'm not sure. But yea I've worked my ass off cutting brush to clear some overhead to get sun. I've got another evening or so to have it right. Then gonna spray/and throw granular everywhere to try and keep the insects down. My tester plant is in my container area and the bugs have destroyed it. I've got some seedlings to transplant and give them about 2 wks and then I'll be putting my container plants out and some guerilla stuff. I've gotta do at least 4 - 30gal grow pots....I don't have to carry soil very far, maybe 50yd or so. I'll prolly carry a 5gal bucket at a time and dump into the bags. Lol just getting started....though I'll admit after I can put the chainsaw, weedeater, machete away I'll be a lot happier to be mixing soil in the shade lol !!!!!!

caliprop215

Veteran
Mendo dioe uses cages simular to mine their plants waaaaayyyy to big for chicken wire....

Pests are a bitch but we will overcome with natural solutions. Last year i realeased 3000 lady bugs in the garden definatly helped the spider nites and aphids.

Lets see some pics of ur area u cleaning...

I can grow 6 per household .which sucks because me and my wife have our medical card and we could do 6 each before it was legalized this year. So from 12 to 6...legally..... But we already dug 8 holes before we found out the new laws so we got 2 over...... Plus a couple in pots for now....

Where parts of world u located? Is it legal in your state yet?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea we call the wire like you have chicken wire.....the small hole wire is rabbit wire in these hills lol. I'm around Wv and it's VERY illegal here, same as fucking selling Meth basically. You guys are so lucky to be able to grow legal out there, it's a different world across this USA. It's so crazy that on the West Coast, even Michigan can grow a set number of legal plants. I'd love to see the whole US be able to adopt the Oregon law of 4 legal outdoor plants for rec use???? That's what I'd love to see. I'll get a few pics.....I'm a lil scared there's certain landmarks and things I've gotta be carefully with pics because of the prejudice laws in this country. And security reasons....these guys were I live are extremely bad to steal/rob your ass.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'll have some transplanting pics coming up!!! I've got prolly 30 I'm gonna be putting in 1/2gal containers. After a few weeks in these containers then they'll get there final home. If I was growing indoors I'd go ahead and put em in the big final pots but I'm wanting a bigger plant to put outdoors full time. I'm also going be introducing my plants to the outdoors very slow and the photoperiod. I start them indoors under 24hr flurosent for a couple wks. I'll have them in a controlled outdoor environment. I'll bring them indoors if heavy rain or anything that might happen. So gonna be pretty busy this afternoon, I've got around 50+ plants but I'll probably transplant around 30 and the smaller stuff give a few more days before transplant.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Transplanted these 4 KC Brains Cristal Limit fems. I'll be slowly easen these outdoors into the sun tomorrow. Hopefully after about 2wks or so I can put them into 30gal containers for there final home!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 17

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's GG4 x GTE just transplanted gonna get them outside.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 17

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Cherry Mist just transplanted. Like the others these will be going outside!!!! These are around a week-10 days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 19

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's GG4 x GQ.....old wv is doing some work this evening !!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Latest posts