What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LET'S TALK ORANGES

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I'm looking for a tasty old school Orange Bud/Cali-O type strain with a nice happy high and great orange taste.

It would be great to hear some recommendations, and feel free to describe your favorite orange in detail, as far as taste, high, yield, ease-of-cultivation, etc.

Currently have Tangie, which is nice and tangerine-y, what's better out there?

I wood

Satsuma from Bodhi was pure orange flavor with a nice sativa buzz that didn't lead to a nap later.
It was indistinguishable from an orange crush cutting gifted to me years ago except that it rooted much easier and had a way better yield and structure.
Only grew one seed to get a keeper that lasted until I discovered ace seeds and had to move on for now.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Thanks, I wood, that's interesting. Satsuma is out of stock at the place I'd be inclined to buy it. L
et me ask you this- are there any Ace varieties that you know of that have a nice if not orange, at least citrus-y flavor? I would imagine all their varieties are sativa leaning, so also long to flower. Is there an Ace you could recommend to those of us that don't want to flower for 13 weeks or more?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Tikal from Ace is reported to be peachy.

Panama from Ace is said to be lemony.

Agent orange was really orange flavored. Had a nice high to it as well. Might not be most potent in terms of couch glue but it was very nice effect.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Tikal from Ace is reported to be peachy.

Panama from Ace is said to be lemony.

Agent orange was really orange flavored. Had a nice high to it as well. Might not be most potent in terms of couch glue but it was very nice effect.

Thanks, Lester Beans. Your description of Agent Orange could apply to Crockett's Tangie too. I have read that Tangie is nothing but Agent Orange X Agent Orange, but who knows?

Thanks for the recommendations on Ace, particularly Panama, sounds groovy.

I wood

My first hand experience with ace is limited but encouraging, I've only finished two varieties so far, nepaljam and zamaldelica. Both were so good I now have twelve ace offerings in varying stages of development, about half of my allowed numbers of plants.
I hear panama and it's crosses can be very lemony.
Panama x bangi haze got my attention for strong lemonyness, first one has a 1/4" root now and will be planted tonight.

sourkush

tangie is the smelliest/tastiest i've grown. Agent orange 2nd, but now i'm growing orange diesel v3 from lady sativa genetics so will compare when done.
tangie is orange velvet x orange velvet, agent o is orange velvet x jack the ripper, odv3 is agent orange x original diesel, so a bit more fuel in it.
you can have a look at catnip seeds too, he makes great seeds from some agent orange lines.

peace

Max Headroom

Veteran
i've only grown agent orange once (and maybe not well enough). to me it has a sort of sickly orange chemical cleaner smell. nowhere near the fantastic smell it had during the first few weeks of flower. the taste is alright but not great and the high makes me quite tired - not really something i like.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agent orange is as described above.
Orange Glue has different Orange terps in every plant.

You may look into C Plus (Cali-O x Blueberry) from Chimera in your hunt.
Orange Oblivion from Catnip is likely good as well. I've seed but not grown these last two.

It seems to me that all the newer orange stuff is being made using either Tangy or Agent Orange.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I've grown 2 strains with very orange tasting phenos: Jillybean(Orange Velvet x Space Queen) and Blood Orange( cali-o x appalachia).
The Jillybean have many different phenotypes and some of them are very orangy but some have awful smell as well, so all depends of your luck. The strain is easy to grow and done in 9 weeks sometime longer with more hazy phenos with medium yield and happy high.
The Blood Orange have also some variations but at least no bad smelling phenotypes. Some orange tasting girls but also some lemony, my keeper was smelling so strong it could be too much to stand. Very strong effect and very good yield it was really a winner, my first Bodhi strain it was a very nice discovery. It was really an outstanding plant for her extremly powerful smell of sweet orange and special funk. Sadly this strain is not in production anymore but if you can get a cut it's really the most orange smelling strain I've ever grown. Some friends still have the cut I gave them 4 years ago and I've made some seeds also with a Headbanger x Colombia Gold male.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
You may look into C Plus (Cali-O x Blueberry) from Chimera in your hunt.

I had C Plus and lost it. You're right, that was a good one, but everything I got leaned toward blueberry. No orange keepers in C Plus for me. I think it's discontinued now, but I could be wrong.

Dawe

I'm currently smoking some "Mimosa" from Symbiotic genetics.. this pheno tastes as my friend describes it the orange goop hand cleaner. But that pretty much echoes what everyone else before me is saying - Tangie or Agent Orange and it's crosses. I would also highly second the Blood Orange suggestion, I haven't grown Satsuma, but Blood Orange was very.. well orange! I hope Bodhi comes out with some more Cali O crosses.

I've heard great things about Citrus Farmer from Dungeon Vault Genetics as well, might have to break down and buy a couple packs..

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had C Plus and lost it. You're right, that was a good one, but everything I got leaned toward blueberry. No orange keepers in C Plus for me. I think it's discontinued now, but I could be wrong.

I thought I saw some in the Breeders Retail catalog, last time I looked at it.
:tiphat:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I made some F2 of Bodhi Satsuma, and one was really orange smelling and tasting. It could have been more potent, but the taste was worth it. I have a couple clones left that I will run this winter just for the taste. I haven't decided if I will clone again for next summer. I need to have a buddy of mine test it for strength first.

Green Squall

Loud Berry by Hippie Hill. Not old school but worth a mention.

Tastes like an orange creamsicle. Totally done in 9 weeks. Clear headed relaxing high.

picture.php