What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VEG TIME DWC PROFESSIONAL S

purpleplayer007

Just wondering if and by how much your veg time improved after dialing in
your Dwc method. I think it got a bad rap on the forum but I noticed real life hydro that's done right is hard to beat. I learned through the years getting to a good start is IMPORTANT. I hate when small healthy clones get stunted when they're 100% healthy when I look at some Dwc grows the stumps already getting thick and the roots already look like pasta... And mixing Coco fucks up my sinuses. Any advice is appreciated

gh0stm0de

Dialing in your crop will of course influence your growth rates. The potential for influence depends on degree of deviation from ideal conditions..

Which issue did you feel like posed a problem for you more specifically? Some strains are naturally squat or slow veggers, others stretch more in flower...so genetics certainly play a significant role.

Dwc is my favorite method, take a look at undercurrent style if you havent. Easy to build on your own.

Dwc has many limiting factors: water temp, ph, ppm, nutrient composition, dissolved oxegyn level. But when dialed in you can get great rates.

bigbadbillybob

well, I'm no professional, but I done rdwc and dwc for the past 5 or so years. Before that I have done coco and soil
In my experience I can veg plants for 4-5 weeks in hydro and end up with around 15 ounces each
I'm not sure what you are actually asking? is it how much veg time you can save compared to another medium, or just how much time you can save if your room is dialled in ,environmentally compared to It being all over the place?

Environment is everything in growing, no matter what mediuim you use, and using a controller for temps, RH and heat is one of the best investments you can make imo.

As for veg time compared to other mediums?
Well I would save a week against coco, and probably around 10-14 days against mud, for the same or generally better end results.

Hope this helps

purpleplayer007

To sum it up yeah , how much veg time is cut out the picture when conditions are ideal compared to Coco or compost, is the question. Ive seen plants in dwc hydro waaaay more than one week ahead of ones in Coco pots.

Latest posts

Latest posts