What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CMH - 945 watt DE Digilamp 2060 PAR?

Zen Medz

Stopped by a local shop today and was discussing some of the new bulbs coming out onto the market. The guy said I should consider going CMH, I told him they had a great spectrum but not enough PAR compared to HPS. He then busted out a new 945 watt DE CMH bulb that the shop got a few days ago. It has three 315 watt CMH bulbs in a DE bulb.

I hit the internet and couldn't find much info on them. The company Digilamp claims the bulbs put out 2060 PAR which sounds impressive but I'd like to see some independent testing to back this up. If this design and technology is legit, this could be a game changer. Anybody else see these or have experience with them?

http://gramomania.com/media/BQWK7_hhOsk/

http://allstategardensupply.com/product/digilamp-945-watt-ceramic-metal-halide-double-ended-lamp/

kelly1376

Interesting indeed. Do you know if they require a specific fixture or are they compatible with any 1000 watt DE fixture?

Zen Medz

Kelly,
I was told the bulbs are compatible with any DE type of ballast. I'm really skeptical of this new type of bulb, the PAR numbers given seem inflated and I've never heard of Digilamp. If you look at the Ushio Hilux website they list the 315 w CMH bulbs PAR at 620. So with three put together quick math says 1860, I guess with some tweaks they could bump that a little, but to 2060? If Hortilux or Ushio starts making this bulb I'd be much more interested in them. The bulbs were $200 at my local shop which is pretty steep considering how much SE 1K HPS bulbs have gotten.

gmanwho

Veteran
Growers choice 945w de cmh

Growers choice 945w de cmh

Hey hey.......pulled the trigger against my normal research research research before i buy approach. I just purchased a bunch of Growers Choice 945w DE CMH 3100k bulbs at growershouse . at this time the 3100k was the only option. about $150 a piece with a " 10% off Special "

Attempting to use them with e-pappilon 1000w de & nanolux 1000w de setups. i do have a few versions of nanolux de ballasts. so i def can report at some point if they worked on the ballasts reflector combos.

NOW, i have never used growers choice products or BULBS, or ballast bulb combo for that matter. everytime i stray from hortilux, Philips, or ushio i get burnt. the bulbs work great at first but they degrade withing 2 or so grows... nanolux,maxpar, or sunburst i can vouch for. not even that happy with the solistek 600mh bulbs i once had, didnt see anything special about them. went to horitlux 600 mh blue bulb an was happy again an plants resonded better.... anyways.

also got 1 of the growers choice DE 630w CMH 3000k red bulb with ballast reflector setup to try.

updates later. i do have a par meter with a quantum sensor. cant wait to see these , i hope, rock!!

bsafe...

gmanwho

Veteran
there in!! tomorrow i install an test with par meter. can compare them to phillips 315 cmh 3100k bulbs an the philips growmaster de 1000w that these are gonna replace or swap for preveg?

picture.php

iuredbud

Nice, I will be interested to see your results! I am considering getting a 630 DE CMH.
gmanwho, are you going to use this in an open reflector? It is not rated for open reflectors. It is was it would have a secondary quartz envelope around the glass sleeve sleeve that encloses the 3 CMH emitters. Be careful.

digging

After reading as much as I could about the 630 watt de CMH fixture, I just bought two of them.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the 945 watt de CMH bulb :)

A guy

I've very interested to hear about your experiences with this bulb. Specifically, the footprint, heat, and quality of light.

goldensage

these bulbs kick ass - been running one for over a week now and am impressed with the results, and love working under this spectrum

gmanwho

Veteran
Soooo heres my little Update on the 945 cmh bulbs. i have 3 generations of nanolux 1000w de ballasts. the growers choice 945 cmh doesnt fire on the first generation or 2nd generation. at this point only the 3rd gen works.

quick way i can tell is

first gen has no usb input

2nd gen has a vertical usb input where the dim dial is

3rd gen has a horizontal usb above the dim dial.

i have had not yet tested it on my e-papillons 1000w de. they are like 4-5yrs old now.

so ya nanolux 1000w de 3rd gen only at this point. kinda bummed. ill know in like 6 months if ill be replacing the older generations

gmanwho

Veteran
Hey Gman.
Any updates on the 945s?

still vegging away. room that was loaded had a ROUGH transplant. roots didnt fill the prior container enough. so at the transplant the root system fell apart. this is the only room that can use the 945's atm. an one veg 3x7 tray.

Latest posts

Latest posts