Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > We need a Consumers Report entity for seeds

Thread Title Search
We need a Consumers Report entity for seeds Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2019, 07:34 PM #1
bigAl25

bigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to all
We need a Consumers Report entity for seeds

Since there are just too damn many different seeds and breeders available for us to purchase, I now propose that a Consumers Reports type of company is established to evaluate all the seeds out there and how reliable and potent the finished product ends up. The choices of what seeds to purchase for your next grow is just overwhelming. Many may say that's a good thing, but if an evaluation entity rated the seed product like Consumers reports it would help many home growers narrow down and pick more appropriate strains for their needs. Leafly and a few other sites evaluate the final product on potency, taste, effects. But there are so many breeders for one particular strain, that picking the best breeder of seeds for that strain is difficult. Unless you read this whole website. Just a thought and maybe we will get there in the future. I use consumer reports to purchase my autos, appliances, lawn tractors, computers, etc. Purchase decisions for my seeds are just as important and I have sadly not made the right decision every time. But on occasion I have nailed it.
bigAl25 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:46 PM #2
Muleskinner

Muleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really nice
**********.eu is a wiki-version of what you're asking for.......

https://en.**********.eu

what the fuck? why is Seeedfinder.eeeeu banned from IC? That's very stupid, it's one of the best cannabis websites

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:55 PM #3
Malato

Malato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to all
Does seed finder list if the seeds have high hermaphrodite tendency and such? It's seems like mostly they just list the lineage.

I pee on my plants.... GG x triangle kush

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358327

A pissers tale

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....59#post8496959
Malato is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 09:04 PM #4
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I'm not sure something like this is possible, just because of the sheer number of breeders and the huge inconsistencies in some seed lines. Consumer Reports buys all their tested items themselves and funds it through selling subscriptions to users, that way they can guarantee they aren't given a cherry picked product. A weed equivalent would need to buy hundreds if not thousands of different types of seeds and all run them in virtually identical grows to remove phenotype changes. Even then how do you guarantee that Batch A of Strain X bought from Vendor Y will perform the same way as Batch B of Strain X bought from Vendor Z?
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:11 PM #5
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
**********.eu is a wiki-version of what you're asking for.......

https://en.**********.eu

what the fuck? why is Seeedfinder.eeeeu banned from IC? That's very stupid, it's one of the best cannabis websites
Yeah, I consult that one, too. Gives growers reports. Biased as we're there! ;o)
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is online now Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 09:18 PM #6
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant future
That is what this and other forums are for. In order to have a truly honest and non biased review on seeds it would require a large facility perfectly dialed and constantly testing things like germ rates and hermi tendencies.

Just not the same as a non biased review on electronics or a new bike.
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:36 PM #7
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
It's called ICmag - but the nut huggers and fan boys who lost all objectivity because they got something for free or are trying to hype a brand, dilute the reviewing process.

It's the lack of honesty and the constant clawing to get to the top of the money pile that has hurt the process. The lack of transparency.

I'm still trying not to be butt hurt the Chiquita Banana cut tastes absolutely NOTHING AT ALL like the 3 dozen or so people that hyped her up claimed she did. It taste absolutely NOTHING AT ALL like banana. Not green unripe banana. Not ripe banana. Not candy runts banana. Not artificial nasty ice cream banana. Nope. Nothing like banana remotely at all.

I'm really kind of disappointed I spent 4 years with the idea it might be something special in the back of my mind because those pushing a label and trying to build a brand decided it was more important than the TRUTH.

Also, those who said it was just a relabeled OrgnKid Banana OG - I don't think it's that either. That cut has much more head to it than the CB does. I'm not saying the CB is bad smoke, it just isn't remotely banana.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Last edited by dank.frank; 02-15-2019 at 11:56 PM..
dank.frank is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:59 AM #8
Malato

Malato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to allMalato is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
It's called ICmag - but the nut huggers and fan boys who lost all objectivity because they got something for free or are trying to hype a brand, dilute the reviewing process.

It's the lack of honesty and the constant clawing to get to the top of the money pile that has hurt the process. The lack of transparency.

I'm still trying not to be butt hurt the Chiquita Banana cut tastes absolutely NOTHING AT ALL like the 3 dozen or so people that hyped her up claimed she did. It taste absolutely NOTHING AT ALL like banana. Not green unripe banana. Not ripe banana. Not candy runts banana. Not artificial nasty ice cream banana. Nope. Nothing like banana remotely at all.

I'm really kind of disappointed I spent 4 years with the idea it might be something special in the back of my mind because those pushing a label and trying to build a brand decided it was more important than the TRUTH.

Also, those who said it was just a relabeled OrgnKid Banana OG - I don't think it's that either. That cut has much more head to it than the CB does. I'm not saying the CB is bad smoke, it just isn't remotely banana.

dank.Frank
Preach brother !

I pee on my plants.... GG x triangle kush

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358327

A pissers tale

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....59#post8496959
Malato is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2019, 05:01 AM #9
MintyMick

Location: On an organic spaceship hurtling through the ether. Or somewhere in the Rocky Mountains...
MintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malato View Post
Does seed finder list if the seeds have high hermaphrodite tendency and such? It's seems like mostly they just list the lineage.
It does not list if the strains have hermaphrodite tendencies. Most of the description information is straight from the breeders and it matches the seedbanks selling the breeders seeds exactly.

BUT!

They do sometimes have grow reports uploaded that give a somewhat fair approximation of their opinion. Emphasis on “their opinion.”

Of course it could be grow reports from trolls or overly enthusiastic fanboys so you have to take them with a grain of salt.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:10 AM #10
Hashishh

Hashishh will become famous soon enoughHashishh will become famous soon enoughHashishh will become famous soon enough
Given the variations from seeds it's almost impossible to give a Consumer Type report on them. When you think of genetics, even with stable lines you never get even close to 100% consistency.

There's way too many variables to factor in to something like this. General reviews such as those on forums like IC and others is the best way to go about it.

It's like giving a consumer report on dog breeding lines.
Hashishh is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.