What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco dtw vs coco flood and drain buckets

CrushnYuba

I personally think dtw is the easiest. I don't think it has too be wasteful. I think bucket or autopot systems have to much plumbing. That's all good for a room but a warehouse is allot to deal with. Allot of fittings and tubing. Clogs to worry about that can prevent drainage.
Whenever i did recirculating, it used more water/nutes for me personally. I could have possibly done less rez changes. You don't need to get a ton of run off on every water doing dtw. You can get it dialed so u just get a tiny bit of run off most waters and here and there flush with plain water.
I'm in agreement with f-e. I think coco is better top feed. I don't think it's the best medium for ebb n flow.