What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Icmag hash tag and instagram information merge

gmanwho

Veteran
I was thinking....... for informational search purposes here on ic, would it be possible for icmag to include the hashtag icmag in the search engine here?

So that when someone on IG included the #icmag hashtag, icmag's search engine here could use that specific channel as part of its search?

I have not seen anything like this before. Programmers what are your thoughts?

i think it would be a great benefit an help for one seeking specific genetics and or topics that may not be listed here.

just a thought...

gmanwho

Veteran
IG have to much false information, so thats a very bad idea.
Lets keep it seperatet

Couldnt agree more that IG as a whole has scattered misinformation an ego. but what im talking about is the #icmag hash tag exclusively....

on the other hand theres plenty of nonsense here as well. After all what public open source website doesn't have false information scattered ? the mods do a great job here to help keep that out. an thats another reason why IC is a better community.

IG will never be as personal as the community we have here. but thats not the point. information is the point! and its ones job to view the information as they see fit.

my beliefs are that one who uses the icmag hash tag i would wager that he/she is a somewhat PROUD respectable member here. and that the info they post with using the icmag hash tag would follow with that respect.

by allowing the icmag hash tag as a read only part of your search here, u could find things from ic members who post there. the op wouldnt have to create double posts if they wanted to share a quick photo there. But if they wanted to do a journal or grow diary it would naturally be done here.

2ndly as far as im aware, there is no real search engine on IG. only to search handles/nicknames, then view the hashtags an sort thru the info visually line by line.

Hatery1967

I was thinking....... for informational search purposes here on ic, would it be possible for icmag to include the hashtag icmag in the search engine here?

So that when someone on IG included the #icmag hashtag, icmag's search engine here could use that specific channel as part of its search?

I have not seen anything like this before. Programmers what are your thoughts?

i think it would be a great benefit an help for one seeking specific genetics and or topics that may not be listed here.

just a thought...

It's better not to do that. There can be various consequences with a minus sign. I was just recently reading about social media, you can get more information here. There are certain boundaries that are better not to go beyond. I don't think you're the first one to write about this and suggest it.
really bab idea

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts