What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

funkyhorse

Today's update
I believe I will be able to get buds without fungus and rot. Until end of february it will the driest year in the last 40 years and all PM issues stopped. They stopped making fungus at mid december

I am growing Lebanese side by side with Sinai, they show a few differences. Lebanese is taller, it is more resistant, it is more resistant to aphids and to PM than Sinai
I am happy to have the chance to grow them, they are part of my life, I smoked this stock many years
Lebanese girl 1
Líbano girl 1 (4).jpeg

Lebanese girl 2 making foxtails
Líbano girl 2 (4).jpeg

They are all pollinated with the productive lebanese male, same like the Sinai girls
This is Lebanese girl 2 in the back and Sinai 2 in front for size comparison
Sinaí front Líbano back (2).jpeg

Sinai girl 1 is making a lot of foxtails like Lebanese girl 2.
Sinaí girl 1 (4).jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad these plants bring you good memories from your past travels @funkyhorse and that environmental conditions are improving, new bud growth looks much healthier now, and that's great news when facing last stage of flowering (y)

Elf777

Hi @Elf777 we have always reproduced our Lebanese since it was released using many different females and males with different chemotypes, line was never inbred towards one specific pheno or chemotype. To know for sure the chemotype of a plant you need to bring the plant to a lab for cannabinoid testing.
Thanks for claryfying, I understand now. I am going to cross some of my lebanese seeds with a white strawberry strain. I was wondering, in your experience, how varied/different are F1 seeds phenotypes? I mean, will all phenotypes or seeds from the cross be the same as the dominant parent, or will I get phenos similar to both strawberry and lebanese parents?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@Elf777 sorry, there's not an easy reply or easy way. You will need to learn in depth (through inbreding generations and in outcrosses) about the lines and parent plants you plan to breede with before seriously start considering such questions. And that means years of growing the lines and hybrids of them.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
yes @Nannymouse after 2 years of indoor selections and generations, our Lebanese is less hermie prone, has less autoflowering tendencies, producing better quality plants in average than in previous generations, yet all the original, different THC-CBD chemotypes can still be found at population level.

Elf777

All my 12 reg lebanese seeds have germinated. I was wondering, which phenotype would be best for a male plant? I am looking mostly for the tastiest phenos with the best smell, is there any trait that I should look for regarding this? If I am not mistaken, someone said the tallest phenos had this good mango smell/taste, correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you have had perfect germination from your Lebanese pack :) @Elf777 Correct, usually the taller, green, higher yielding expressions produce in average fruitier, more refined terpenes within this line. Also, it's important to consider the THC-CBD chemotypes this strain offers, although for that samples must be analyzed at the lab.

Perdido

Thanks, perfect. Will have to order some. Really exceptional stuff that should be perfect to tame late bloomers for outdoor.

revegeta666

Hi! @dubi sorry if this is a stupid question, I was wondering if one was to cross a lebanese male to an afghan female, what percentage of the progeny would you expect to come out inheriting the semi auto flowering trait from the father?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
well @revegeta666 depends on whether the chosen Afghani and Lebanese lines and parental plants have the trait or not. Most Lebanese lines easily behave as semi autoflowering, but most Afghani doesn't. The trait is quite recessive and most of the times disappear in the F1 when you cross a fully photoperiod plant (Afghani) with a semi auto (Lebanese), but can appear again in the F2.

@Tranquilidade When you cross a photoperiod plant with an autoflowering plant then you need to select for autoflowering traits and bring the line until F3 to make it fully autoflowering.

To get a semi auto is much easier, it's what some seed companies call as Fast or Quick strains, and they are usually photoperiod x autoflowering F1s which are not fully autoflowering, but got the faster flowering onset, faster ripening and semi auto tendencies from the ruderalis side of the hybrid.

Tranquilidade

To get a semi auto is much easier, it's what some seed companies call as Fast or Quick strains, and they are usually photoperiod x autoflowering F1s which are not fully autoflowering, but got the faster flowering onset, faster ripening and semi auto tendencies from the ruderalis side of the hybrid.

So if the photoperiod starts flowering by the start of September and fully ripens in 60 days when does photo x auto F1 start flowering, and how long does it take to ripen fully?

funkyhorse

This might be the first time I am getting a better result for a strain when compared to the real life landrace version
I never seen nor touched such sticky buds and such foxtailing in real life handling every week the landrace buds
Is this foxtailing the adaptation to light stress to the very strong southern hemisphere sun or is it supposed to be like this?
Certainly it could have gone longer but sister Sinai had some dried/rot top shot so I decided not to push this at all, I am happy with results, certainly better than the highest expectations
Both plants are intact, very good landrace resistance to local fauna

I just asked a friend and he told me this weed dont exist anymore. I wonder if @GrassMan can tell around what year this weed stopped being grown and if you know by chance where it was grown. I have no doubts this was grown at the southern desert. Weed consistently came every time with rock dust inside it. Todá Rava for help and for saving the landrace!

Dubi, what height does this strain reach in the spanish peninsula? Here they cant make it over 1.5 meters.
Is this how the buds are supposed to look like because of selection? When you run the P1 seed, did all the plants flower foxtailing like this?
I am suspecting buds were chopped immature in landraceland, the stickiness of these buds is impressive. Immature and all, those buds were much better smoke than the moroccan huevos culeros I smoked in Canary Islands at the same time.
I wonder why this is not popular in Spain, you have a perfect environment for this strain in southern Spain

Girl 1 Top shot
Líbano girl 1 top shot.jpeg

Lowers
Líbano girl 1 (7).jpeg
Líbano girl 1 (8).jpeg

Girl 2 Top Shot
Líbano girl 2 top shot (2).jpeg

Lowers
Líbano girl 2 (6).jpeg

Girl 1 left, girl 2 right
Líbano girl 1 left Líbano girl 2 right (1).jpeg
Líbano girl 1 left Líbano girl 2 right (2).jpeg

Really looking forwards to try these flowers. I tried to replicate the very seeded landrace style but the flowering is totally different than the landrace. The plants cant hold the weight of the airy foxtail buds
Thank you very much to all the parties involved in saving this landrace and Have a nice weekend everybody

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad the results surpassed your expectations @funkyhorse I had doubts about how the Lebanese would perform in a humid greenhouse like yours, but glad to see the genetics performed well (y) What kind of smells are you getting now they are ripening ?

Yep, the reflowering is a very typical sativa trait, it is more evidently found in tropical sativas of very long flowering, but can also be found in early semi autoflowering sativa landraces such as Lebanese and Moroccan, if you check Lebanese pics from the start of this thread you will be able to see same phenomena in others growers' Lebanese plants, first pics of the release included. The reflowering trait is stronger in the green, taller, well brached, high yielding and long flowering Lebanese phenos, not so much in the early flowering colorful expressions without much branching,

Grassman will be able to confirm more details about the area and year this genetics were collected (iirc late 90s/early XXI). Hope the genetics are still alive and being grown in its native place, but you know how problematic is that area of the world.

Lebanese hash is extremely rare in Spain although easier to find in places like Amsterdam. Spain is so much flooded with Moroccan hash for the last 30 years that any other type of hash other than Moroccan origin is pretty rare (exceptions are when a friend goes to India or Nepal and brings back some charas). Similar situation with wine here, it's rare to see Southern Europeans drinking Chilean or Australian wine, because wine is produced here is really good and cheap.

funkyhorse

This is a special draught year and humidity has been low. I have seen days as low as 20% humidity this summer
In a rainy year I dont think they can perform here

Questions are clearly answered at the beginning of the thread, thank you for pointing out. I am curious what Ras Pablo found in the P1s. I can report no intersex issues at all with any of the middle eastern strains I grew: LEB 27 and now Sinai and yours

This is Sinai bud, I never seen this foxtailing in real life and this one is more extreme than your lebanese, thats why I think it is some kind of light stress to the local conditions in this case
Sinaí girl 2 (5).jpeg

The same way I was explained your buds dont exist anymore, Sinai flowers are still available without any change today in the third decade of the 21st century, the local conditions are real harsh and imported genetics will probably have a very hard time in Sinai.
If you go to Dahab, Tarabin or Ras Satan beaches on the Red Sea you should find buds with seeds. Dubi, you will love those places and sourcing this strain, it will remind you of some of the magical places in South East Asia
And if you go to Sharm el Sheik which is the rich people beach resort, the hash sourced there just a month ago was reported to be on the same quality as one of the types of lebanese 80s hash. There were 2 types, one uplifting for outdoor activities and another lebanese 80s hash which made your ass heavy. The one my friend found and smoked there was the ass heavy one

I dont find differences in the organoleptic profile of the three middle eastern ones. They dont stink, you need to get real close to get some smells. They all are sativa smells, the ones I am used to. I never smoked modern weed in my life except now that I am growing it. Modern weed stinks. These are light subtle smells all on the sativa side, I cant really put into words. Something like light pepper/light floral?

If you smoke these flowers then it stinks. And if you burn a hash spliff it stinks with a very particular and different smell. They are both very distinctive. The hash was smellier than the buds. In real life buds never smelt in the middle east and they were never sticky. The hash did have smell and it is a very peculiar one very different from the buds