What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why seperate women?

BioNerd

Hi I am new here. Why seperate women? Is it because women here want to have their own place in this forum or do the administrators think women grow differently or what? if so it is quite misogynistic. Why no "men forum" ???:fight:

justpassnthru

Veteran
Hi I am new here. Why seperate women? Is it because women here want to have their own place in this forum or do the administrators think women grow differently or what? if so it is quite misogynistic. Why no "men forum" ???:fight:

BioNerd, Welcome to ICMag and the women's forum. All you have to do is :moon:take off your pants to be a part of this forum! Everyone is welcome. If you get out of line, we'll :bashhead::blackeye: you. So enter at your own risk. :petting: jpt

L

lemongrove

Relax and don't be so defensive! I think the administrators thought it would be nice for women to have a place to go and talk with girlfriends. In other words they were trying to be thoughtful! It's not like the site is isolating women and letting them only post on a women's thread. Women are welcome to post on any thread on this site. I think it was more a courtesy by having a place where women can go and talk to other women. Now if the site had a thread for men only and no women where allowed there, then that would be a different story and I'm sure you'd be up in arms about that.
If you don't like a thread where women can talk to other women about all things mj then don't use it.

BioNerd

Yes I am relaxed..I just see this in so many places, women this and women that, almost like suggesting that women are a minority or something, and I wonder why there is less demand for men exclusive areas. But Ive been a member on other grow forums and I can never really tell whether posters are female or male and it really doesn't matter at all.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes I am relaxed..I just see this in so many places, women this and women that, almost like suggesting that women are a minority or something, and I wonder why there is less demand for men exclusive areas. But Ive been a member on other grow forums and I can never really tell whether posters are female or male and it really doesn't matter at all.

this site is mainly males,that should be pretty obvious , ladies just want a place to chill and talk about whatever's on their mind,not all that complicated :)
Plus a lot of ladies are awesome growers :^

guineapig

Veteran
In the beginning, when ICmag was a swirling bowl of primordial internet soup,
a few female members got together and founded the Women's Forum.

The administration agreed and thus the Women's Forum was born.

That is the end of the story. There is no exclusion. Anyone can post anywhere.

I am not even a human and I can post anywhere.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
talking is good but if girl has personal issue with guy she choose to be with those "woman" cirlcles can turn into witch hunts lol . sux to have random cics use personal inside info to manipulate you . its sad to see how many girls/people bail on other people when they are sick or dieing .

This seems a bit harsh, not sure why the generalization of women? There are no witch hunts around, stays pretty chill here most of the time. Don't be such a Debbie downer, let's puff :\

CosmicKitty

^^ That.
Cannabis is so undeniably feminine.
The way she spills when her swollen buds make her languidly fall this way and that, like some sort of stinky goddess.
She can be finicky and quite dangerous, yet comforting and strong.
(Really, I can go on for a while, but maybe will start a thread about it in the bitches' forum :tongue: )
She is my only female friend.
I am new here, but found the women's forum as a sign of respect and understanding.
It's really how you see it....
I think that NOT having a "men only" forum makes this one more special.
If you took the time to read through it, you would see that it has more than a few chicks who could outgrow and outsmart a large chunk of the "general" population.

Oh, the definition of "misogynistic" is;

Of or characterized by a hatred of women.

Not the case here at all, maybe sexist would be more suited.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
why a womens forum.....
out of respect for the ladies.... remember where WE all came from... MOM

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you can dwell on the negative all you want ... most of us here try to be positive ..seems you can find something negative anywhere you want ..... IF that's what your looking for

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well thats not the topic of this thread.. so perhaps create a new thread or stay on topic ?

LEF

Veteran
I think it's okay for women to have their own place

I don't get why the men go into their forums

leave them alone

at one time, men had their own clubs too

LEF

Veteran
not trying to be negative i just dont like seeing how those 'left over' kids are treated vs the ones that have both a mom and a dad or ones that have a ride or die mom that sticks with them to the end :) i feel uncomfortable in houses where the familys dont fight n stuff :biggrin:

leftover kids ?

nowaddays most kids have a stepdad so this left over kids is rare imho

maybe if you are uncomfortable in houses where the family don't fight then you have a problem ?

I think I know what you mean but..