What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

DoDad

Wow I am very excited for these
I'd love to see more Delicatessn grows

All 4 had different growth rates even though they all received the same treatment.

Here is one of the Queen Mother's at 14 days.

Attachments

• qm14days.jpg
    qm14days.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 22

DoDad

It's been a few more days on the QM and Alice. 4 out of 4 seeds are keepers.

Attachments

• RM_Alice.jpg
    RM_Alice.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 16

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Looking nice bro... here's my Queen Mother aka Reina Madre (Mario's cut) so you can get an idea about the structure. Doesn't branch a lot laterally unless pruned or trained, very thick and woody stems as well, they crack easily when bent:

picture.php

It's got some huge fans now with a very distinctive feel, very thin and fragile leaves:

picture.php

I'll update in some time with Lilly and Alice cuts too.

Vibes.

DoDad

Looking nice bro... here's my Queen Mother aka Reina Madre

Thanks, yours look better. :)

All mine are pretty consistent. Same size, same color. Some have a red stripped stem.

Mine tend to grow out a long leaf stem, then short broad leaves at the end. I think this is a good trait as more light will be getting to the nodes because its not blocked by its leaves.

I'm running mine 12/12 from seed so we'll have to see how that goes, but so far I can say they have behaved perfectly.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 23

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
To the poster above with 'marios cut'..

would this be the reine madre cut,or a cut..
reason I ask is I have been offered 'the' reine madre cut by friends in spain,and wondered if it will be 'marios'.
thanks for any replies

DoDad

Here are some color photos and an image of the undergrowth.

I have 3 plants all the same size and one very tall and lanky. Why is that one so tall?

Attachments

• 700_3816.jpg
    700_3816.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 700_3815.jpg
    700_3815.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 17

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
reason I ask is I have been offered 'the' reine madre cut by friends in spain,and wondered if it will be 'marios'.
thanks for any replies

Yeah Reina Madre also known as Queen Mother... there are several cuts around Spain but RM Mario's cut is the most widespread among the sativa lovers because of it's quality and being shared by the breeder many years ago.

Many other growers reported lately that they've found even nicer females among the latest batches of fem QM releases though.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

mobi50

I suppose it would look just like all the others, but personal taste about smell and flavour is what makes the difference.

DoDad

really great to see more ppl running African genetics... bring on the headcharge :D :D :D

I was playing with my plants today and caught a whiff of Skunk as I moved them around.

I went back and gave them each a more serious sniff test and found out I only have one plant that smells like Skunk and it's the only one plant I have named Alice.

I have 3 Queen Mothers in the tent and this one Alice. The QM don't have that smell, as of yet anyway.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
So is the plant named Alice of the strain, Alice?
or are you dubbing a QM 'Alice'? (that can get confusing - especially if you keep a clone of that and decide to run actual Alice

DoDad

So is the plant named Alice of the strain, Alice?

Sorry. It's the strain Alice. It was a bonus seed Rafa sent me.

Queen Mother x Congo but it looks just like QM to me. Sure smells different though. I found it by accident when I was moving plants around in my tent. Something smelled like a skunk. I have several c99's in there too and when I smell tested all of them, there was only one that smelled like a skunk.

I guess it's the Congo in Alice that causing the smell because none of my 3 Queen Mother's smell at all. Alice is smellin' up the place and she's not in flower yet.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
There was a PPP leaning pheno, Flat-Top pheno to be exact, of Snow's High Voltage that smelled like a Skunk's skunk A-hole. That turned out to be the one plant I most regret losing.
Might be worth it to clone the shit out of that lone Alice ;-)

DoDad

There was a PPP leaning pheno, Flat-Top pheno to be exact, of Snow's High Voltage that smelled like a Skunk's skunk A-hole. That turned out to be the one plant I most regret losing.
Might be worth it to clone the shit out of that lone Alice ;-)

It caught me by surprise obviously. I had no idea how any of these plants would smell and 3 out of 4 really don't have an odor so far. The fact it's only about 4 weeks old and already smells like a Skunk is a little alarming.

I have another mystery surprise in this grow. 2 of the queen mothers are short and have close internodes. One QM however is very tall and lanky. It doesn't even look like like the same strain and I have to keep tieing her down to keep her height under control.

DoDad

I did clone a few days ago and it looks like I had 100% success. All the cuttings I took are still alive at least after a few days so from my cloning experience, they all cloned very well.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
My good friend ThcvHunter directed me over here.

Some very interesting work you folks have been doing in Espana. :) I will have to grow some of these out sometime. Much respect for breeding such elegant and potent flowers. :tiphat:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
3rd eye,
Original Delicatessen have their own website.
Look up Lilly, Alice, and Little Leo --- I think you'll like those (whatever you like I like and whatever I like you like, lol)