What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys
After a lot of years reading about growing and after reading full threads of "screw in leds" and "terra preta" here on icmag i decided to go for it..little by little..a month at a time since the money is not abundant.
So my cabinet is 70cm height to 60 cm length and 35 width
I have a corsair ml120 12v 120mm with 100mm hole as exctrat that pulls 4mm h20 of static pressure to the future diy carbon filter with seven holes of 4 cm each for intake covered with somekind of mesh and a light trap made with panda filme under the cabinet.
The fan has its own light trap with made of cardboard.
The for nutes i have calmag grow and bloom for now.
The soil is some soil i bought in the bricolage store mixed with coco altough i bought biobizz light mix after the seed was on the first soil.
The soil is in a cat litter to gain head room that olds about 11 to 12 litres of soil not bad to 10cm height, drill alot of holes and thats it.
6 chinese 9w sils 3 6500k 3 2700k 720 lumens on the box
4 mini thermomethers with probe, on for the bottom part of the cabinet, one in the midle under the extract hole, another in the cannopy (now in the dome with the seedling), one stucked in the upper part of the soil. One analog hygrometer in the dome and the digital one have its probe stuck in the soil too but in the bottom part of the soil trough on of the holes
The analog thermometer his outside the cabinet to check the ambient temp in the room where the grow is. (i like to keep everything i can i check yeah kkkk)
Btw the temps in the dome is from 25 to 28/29c, the upper part of the soil is from 25 to 26/27/28c, the bottom part 23 to 26c, the cabinet is around 27 to 30c and the botom part of the cabinet is on 21 to 24c the humidity in the cabinet is around 30 to 45%..all of this depends how the day is.. for now i dont have the cabinet isolated, when i need it i put some blankets on top of it.

The seed is one auto skittles wich now i dont remember the seed bank.

She has 5 day since it got out of the soil, what you guys think? Shouldnt her be bigger by now?the soil is not over wattered, she has been in a good humidity range and the temps acepptable..waht you guys think?

Thank you guys i hope i can get the help from you along the way of my first grow :D and give me some oppinions on everything you see please

Now some pictures

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
]

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If all the bulbs are turned on for that seedling, I would not move the lights/plant closer to each other.

Sampas92

Just newbin
If all the bulbs are turned on for that seedling, I would not move the lights/plant closer to each other.

Blynx i must say, i read every single post on your thread, congrats, really, it got me here.

Thank you for your answer. Btw, since all the conditions are relativelly in check, ph of water and soil too, do you consider that she is going fine? 5/6 days old, maybe 5 cm heigth..what your opinion on that?

Sampas92

Just newbin
And yes they are all on..initially i only had the 3 6500k but then she streched and wilted and when i turn them all on she perked up. I droped her for where she was initially and thats 30 cm from the lights whitnthe humidity dome on

Sampas92

Just newbin
So since my plant stunted in the early days because of lack of tem and humidity control, i started over with a ney auto skitles in a 11litre cat litter with ligth mix from biobizz, also have calmag, grow and bloom from them.

Since i started over i made a few changes
Added a window to see but dont disturb
picture.php

picture.php

I added one heating cable disposed in a way that dont fry my roots and can heat the general space of the grow, and i added a mini humidifier with another one coming in its way to my house
picture.php

You can see it in the corner on top of the lid with cotton all of that is controlled by a higrometer from aliexpress that works like a charm
picture.php

Heatimg cooling humidifying dehumidifying everything.. now the temps are always on 25c, never above never under, with the humidity from 65 to 70% and with the fans always on, off for now since it didnt sprout yet.
The temps on the soil
picture.php

And i switched all the bulbs to 9w 720lm 3x 65k 3x 27k but just for the first week or days of life will only be a 5w 400lm 65k cap on. The thing is, for what i read autos can be a bit sensitive to light intensity and i wonder if i was better with a sill with more diodes than one with less diodes, with the same specifications, but less intensity with more diodes?

Wish me luck this time..still have 2 more advaced seed auto skitles. One auto amnesia xxl and one auto cookies from dinafem..and one gift from the store a feminized photoperiod skunk from 00, but this one i will just germ it when i can get a mother cab, even if its a shit pheno, from my point of view, to someone who is starting with not a lot of money, have somenthing, even if its not the best is still better than nothing.

Wish me luck guys

noknees

Wish me luck this time..still have 2 more advaced seed auto skitles. One auto amnesia xxl and one auto cookies from dinafem..and one gift from the store a feminized photoperiod skunk from 00, but this one i will just germ it when i can get a mother cab, even if its a shit pheno, from my point of view, to someone who is starting with not a lot of money, have somenthing, even if its not the best is still better than nothing.

Wish me luck guys

i would've gone with the skunk. should be at least decent, and you'll learn a lot and be able to recover from mistakes. plus the ability to mom/clone...you could grow it 2-3 times until you dial your space. you'd also see improved quality in later runs, and end up with a plant you can grow with your eyes closed.

starting out with LED, hydro and autos....man. that's tuff...

get a lux meter!

good luck :joint:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good luck!

I have an auto bastard going and also worried about too much light intensity so I'm going with CFLs lol.

The screw in LEDs without domes are bright. I tried vegging under some daylight with the dome removed and the lights were about 16" away, and seemed to be too much for them so I swapped them out for some that still had the dome on them and the plants are looking better.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Thank you noknees..im not on hydro, its soil, and ur right, im better off with the skunk but i dont have a place to maintain a mom and get clones to flower them. I could run them 12/12 from seed..leta see in the future..
Thank you blynx, thats the thing i see some people having so much success with autos that i needed to give a shot. But on the other side fhere are a lot of people who cant really grow them..in an autoflower forum i saw people growing them with cree cobs that are really intense without dimming a getting good results..lets see

Sampas92

Just newbin
So on the 3rd day after seed in soil (3 cm deep on purpose), with the soil at 25.5c/26c and the humidity ate 70/75% no extract fan on it rises from the soil during this night..
Like a healthy seedling should be, small height, no problems whatsoever, green :dance:
picture.php

picture.php

Here in my country we are getting warm days 20c and cold nights 10°..i have been keeping the ambient in control with the hygrometer and the heating cable and the humidifier..but in a few days and weeks real cold and humidity will strike, the winter..
picture.php

Now with no exctract fan the air movement its created by the 80mm fan inside the grow and the exctract is passive, i feel it with the palm of my hand the hot air getting out..with my exctrat fan the temps and humidity its harder to maintain, specially the humidity because of the dry days now, (training for hot 30/35°c days in summer :D), im gonna turn on the exctrat fan the same because the roots are never below 23c and the ambient room stay between 24.5 to 25.5, more 25/25.5.. since the heating cable its only capable of raising the air temperature by 10/15c in the future i will need to evaluate the placemente of the cable to rather maintain the temperature on the roots and less on the ambient just because it will become impossible to maintain an average 25c, i guess
Lets see the next few days.

Sampas92

Just newbin
With the exctrat fan on the low speed, the temps are stable and the humidity at 68/69:D
BUT everything is on, the only 5w 400lm cap on sil, heating cable and humidifier..on an ambient temperature of where the grow is 20c..im gonna let it on and get an eye as day gets colder on the i dont like the cable always on, the electricity in my country is expensive but since i just have one light on, i guess i may be trading the watts of light that i will be spending in the future for the heat now..

Sampas92

Just newbin
I turn the exctract fan off, while i was able to keep the temps, the humidity get down to 58 60% and i want it at 70 75%..for the first week just passive, maybe the first two..unless the weather give me some more humidity in the next days..keep in mind that i dont have a fogger, i have one of those mini humidifiers to put in a glass with essential oils, i know its not the best, but for 2€ in a micro environment it does the job with some twiches..

Sampas92

Just newbin
Im thinking on this, instead of the cable being inside, i could put it on the intake..the intake light traps are 90 degrees elbows pvc pipes..i could roll the wire through the pipes to heat the air before entering right?like having a regular heater in the room where i have the grow..i need to think about it.

Sampas92

Just newbin
So today, after the last days were about doubts about lighting o reach the conclusion that i had low light levels, it was not growing at all, and since it wasnt streching a lot i didnt see this..but after some help from some guys here i turn on another lights and for now i have 4 9w 720lm cap off sils at 30cm from her and she showed improvements, it growed the more in one day than the other 3 put togheter
See my misery kkkkk
picture.php

picture.php

A long path to go, a lot of trial and error, but i will not give up, im stubborn as hell :D

Sampas92

Just newbin
Today it looks like this, is night and day difference with the more lights turned on
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Today i turned off the circulation fan inside the grow to turn on the excract fan and keep it always on, cant do it both on since my humidity plumet to 55% and i want it at 65 70 but i think it will be solved with the second humidifier that is coming his way from china..